Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:15:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Eth] Collectible cat game (CryptoKitties) accountable for 2% of total gas usage  (Read 1243 times)
industria77 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:29:37 PM

TLDR:
  • Collect, trade, and breed cryptographically unique Kitties
  • Kitties have a 256-bit genome with rare genes and special "Fancy Cats" hidden throughout
  • Early access was launched on Thursday, within a few hours became one of top-used dApps ever, accounting for 2%+ of total gas usage that day
  • One of the first at-scale uses of blockchain that is not cryptocurrency or fund transfer

Link: https://private.cryptokitties.co

https://i.redd.it/5lkkzun0izzz.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:23:48 AM

I checked out the page. It is utterly useless but that's not the point. The idea of buying, holding, breeding and selling kittens online must take of massively or I will eat my hat (and everyone should then stop posting kat videos).

They are adorable  Kiss

letuananhnd

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:40:26 AM

interesting idea. I have attended
coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:14:22 PM

I am not sure what is the purpose of this. Either I am not getting it or its just a stupid game for people who have absolutely nothing to do and are in love with cats. BTW cats make me sick so I will just let this one go.

Panda Trump

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 02:25:24 PM

TLDR:
  • Collect, trade, and breed cryptographically unique Kitties
  • Kitties have a 256-bit genome with rare genes and special "Fancy Cats" hidden throughout
  • Early access was launched on Thursday, within a few hours became one of top-used dApps ever, accounting for 2%+ of total gas usage that day
  • One of the first at-scale uses of blockchain that is not cryptocurrency or fund transfer

Link: https://private.cryptokitties.co

That's pretty cool. I'm gonna check it out later today.

Now I really wanna capture, catch & collect all those kitties!  Cheesy

But what is the thing with Ξ? Ξ1 = 1 Ethereum, so $500? That means cryptokitties are pretty insanely expensive?

yayboss

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 06:06:11 AM

The eth network is experiencing significant congestion because of cryptokities on eth network running round lol
Roidz92

Activity: 560
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:21:20 AM

Probably all the people that now playing only a games, will be millionaire next years.
Dasengineer

Activity: 434
Merit: 123

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:36:43 AM

I can't even check what is that. The website is down or what? Showing the pink logo of Ethereum all the time.
Alex68

Activity: 206
Merit: 101

Nothing is True...

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:23:58 PM

ETH is buried under the cat litter! Thank you, CryptoKitties - you have killed ETH...
Now any shitty transaction fee is over $1.5...

◢▼▼◣                    ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦  DIAMOND [DMD] - Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure  ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦
◥▲▲◤
◥◤      ✦ Diamond 3 Months ChartDiamond Multipool CloudminingDiamond Bitcointalk Thread
SheepSuit

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:32:35 PM

This looks extremely cool. I heard one cat was sold for over 200 ETH?

coolcryptomaniac

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:42:21 PM

People buying virtual cats for 100's of USD whereas , many homeless kitties looking for home , human is a greedy and showoff animal.
Roidz92

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:46:09 PM

People buying virtual cats for 100's of USD whereas , many homeless kitties looking for home , human is a greedy and showoff animal.

homeless kitties will die, but these kind of kitties will worth millions and never dies, so..
once we will make millions, we can help more real kitties maybe? Wink
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:48:09 PM

LMAO this is hilarious., Someone told me today in a telegram group that this game has gassed and clogged up the Ethereum blockchan and has caused havoc everywhere. This really is a total waste of of time in my books but people have time to kill and many a rich kid is bored so breeding cats is cute for them I guess, gives them a sense of purpose lol muhahahaha  Smiley Smiley Smiley Anyway good luck to the lucky breeders, may they go forth and ruddy multiply.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
themathiasmiller

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:33:42 PM

LMAO this is hilarious., Someone told me today in a telegram group that this game has gassed and clogged up the Ethereum blockchan and has caused havoc everywhere. This really is a total waste of of time in my books but people have time to kill and many a rich kid is bored so breeding cats is cute for them I guess, gives them a sense of purpose lol muhahahaha  Smiley Smiley Smiley Anyway good luck to the lucky breeders, may they go forth and ruddy multiply.

Same here I only knew about this project because of the problem that they've caused on the eth's network, so I checked it out, honestly it's not that bad and it's not solely a waste of time, you can actually earn a pretty good amount when you breed cryptokitties, the more cryptokitties you have, the more money you can get and this game is going viral so I think in a couple of months these people who are breeding cryptokitties will probably be rich and because of the problem that they've caused more people are getting interested with this project that's why I think right now is the best time to join this project and breed some cryptokitties  Grin, who knows maybe because of this game you can be a thousand dollars richer or maybe more  Wink

ARAW
The Decentralised 
Payment
for E-Commerce Ecosystem
███████████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████████░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░░░▄███████████
███████████░░░░████████████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄████████████
█████░████████▀░░░░▀▀▄█████
█████░░▀▀████░░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
████▄▀░░░░░░░░▄▄███████████
████▀░░▀███████████████████
████▄░░▄███████████████████
████░░░░██░░░░▀░░░░░░▀█████
████░░░░██░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀████
████░░░░██░░░░█████░░░░████
Gaius Cryptus Tradius

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:38:25 PM

Crypto Kitties has now 20% of all the transactions of the ETH network. It is clogging the ETH network right now. Seems like a good stress test for the system

tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:48:06 PM

LMAO this is hilarious., Someone told me today in a telegram group that this game has gassed and clogged up the Ethereum blockchan and has caused havoc everywhere. This really is a total waste of of time in my books but people have time to kill and many a rich kid is bored so breeding cats is cute for them I guess, gives them a sense of purpose lol muhahahaha  Smiley Smiley Smiley Anyway good luck to the lucky breeders, may they go forth and ruddy multiply.

Same here I only knew about this project because of the problem that they've caused on the eth's network, so I checked it out, honestly it's not that bad and it's not solely a waste of time, you can actually earn a pretty good amount when you breed cryptokitties, the more cryptokitties you have, the more money you can get and this game is going viral so I think in a couple of months these people who are breeding cryptokitties will probably be rich and because of the problem that they've caused more people are getting interested with this project that's why I think right now is the best time to join this project and breed some cryptokitties  Grin, who knows maybe because of this game you can be a thousand dollars richer or maybe more  Wink
Same as you, because of the network problems it was highlighted to me by someone complaining about Cryptokitties, when I checked it out it is pretty damn cool, funny enough can't get any ETH into it because of the network issues, a really good idea and this sort of thing goes viral, people love virtual pets.
blue_id69

Activity: 266
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:52:50 PM

and this game turn form 2% to 17% transaction made in ethereum network. some people hate it, cause of that make almost 16k transaction delay in one day
turneps

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

umachit.fund

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:40:48 PM

I can not understand. I could not understand when people buy live cats when there are so many homeless and hungry cats on the street who can be saved. But these are virtual cats that cost a lot of money. What for? World has gone mad

Roidz92

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:46:23 PM

I can not understand. I could not understand when people buy live cats when there are so many homeless and hungry cats on the street who can be saved. But these are virtual cats that cost a lot of money. What for? World has gone mad

money.
Moeloe

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:58:01 PM

This looks extremely cool. I heard one cat was sold for over 200 ETH?

probably the buyer and seller are the same person, they are adding more value to their own kitties to buy and sell them to themselves..
waiting till someone is willing to buy it for this insane price.

but still pretty awesome Grin and a good test for the network
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: