Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:29:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Eth] Collectible cat game (CryptoKitties) accountable for 2% of total gas usage  (Read 1243 times)
Snarks

Activity: 196
Merit: 17

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:04:54 PM

This looks extremely cool. I heard one cat was sold for over 200 ETH?

probably the buyer and seller are the same person, they are adding more value to their own kitties to buy and sell them to themselves..
waiting till someone is willing to buy it for this insane price.

but still pretty awesome Grin and a good test for the network

That's callee wash trading. It's forbidden on the stock markets. Do you think it should be prevented in Ethereum? I don't even think it's possible to stop it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimbo2000

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:08:32 PM

probably the buyer and seller are the same person, they are adding more value to their own kitties to buy and sell them to themselves..

That's callee wash trading. It's forbidden on the stock markets. Do you think it should be prevented in Ethereum? I don't even think it's possible to stop it.

Probably it should be forbidden but it can't be regulated so what can you do? Really it shouldn't be hard for people to spot such a transaction for themselves. On the whole kitty thing it really is crazy how it's taken off, why can't I think of such bizarre ideas?

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
QueenOfCrypto

Activity: 564
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:09:41 PM

This tells it all, I think, about the crowd of cryptos, and also about Ethereum, that platform which is supposed to change the entire world and which crashes for a few crypto-kittens...
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:48:04 PM

I can not understand. I could not understand when people buy live cats when there are so many homeless and hungry cats on the street who can be saved. But these are virtual cats that cost a lot of money. What for? World has gone mad

When the majority of people get mad due to the new trend just like cryptokitties. And if they will be feeling bored and they may end up with leave the cryptokitties. But these fucking shit kitties hurting the ethereum.
So many dumb people spam the ethereum network with crypto shit kitties transaction. Majority of people get pending on its transaction.
yayboss

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 12:46:45 AM

ETH is buried under the cat litter! Thank you, CryptoKitties - you have killed ETH...
Now any shitty transaction fee is over $1.5...
If that's the case does it mean the ETH could loose value as people won't want to use as it is very slow or would a fork solve the huge ammount of transactions?
Crypington

Activity: 210
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:07:40 AM

People are saying the game is poorly designed in that it tries to create a new transaction for every action you take, instead of collecting multiple transactiond, and processing them together.  

Whatever, since it has been successful, it will undoubtedly be cloned with cryptopigs, cryptobirds, cryptodogs, Cryptos-unicorns ... lets hope future versions are more friendly.  

But on the other hand, they probsbly just inadvertently drew the roadmap for how to attack and spam the Ethereum network using other people’s money.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
themathiasmiller

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:46:38 PM

LMAO this is hilarious., Someone told me today in a telegram group that this game has gassed and clogged up the Ethereum blockchan and has caused havoc everywhere. This really is a total waste of of time in my books but people have time to kill and many a rich kid is bored so breeding cats is cute for them I guess, gives them a sense of purpose lol muhahahaha  Smiley Smiley Smiley Anyway good luck to the lucky breeders, may they go forth and ruddy multiply.

Same here I only knew about this project because of the problem that they've caused on the eth's network, so I checked it out, honestly it's not that bad and it's not solely a waste of time, you can actually earn a pretty good amount when you breed cryptokitties, the more cryptokitties you have, the more money you can get and this game is going viral so I think in a couple of months these people who are breeding cryptokitties will probably be rich and because of the problem that they've caused more people are getting interested with this project that's why I think right now is the best time to join this project and breed some cryptokitties  Grin, who knows maybe because of this game you can be a thousand dollars richer or maybe more  Wink
Same as you, because of the network problems it was highlighted to me by someone complaining about Cryptokitties, when I checked it out it is pretty damn cool, funny enough can't get any ETH into it because of the network issues, a really good idea and this sort of thing goes viral, people love virtual pets.

I know people adore virtual pets, remember tamagotchi? That was like every 90s kids favorite toy, everybody has a tamagotchi back then, if you don't got a tamagotchi then you'll like the outcast of the group. That toy defined the late 90s and early 2000s that was the fad of that century anyway whoever came up with the idea of cryptokitties is a genius, who would have thought that it's good to combine the blockchain with virtual pets, I have a feeling that this fad will probably last long and this will catch not just the kids but also adults attention, a lot of parents loves virtual pets and so does grandma and grandpa. This cryptokitties idea may be a laugh right now but in the future this could really be so successful.

ARAW
The Decentralised 
Payment
for E-Commerce Ecosystem
███████████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████████░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░░░▄███████████
███████████░░░░████████████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄████████████
█████░████████▀░░░░▀▀▄█████
█████░░▀▀████░░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
████▄▀░░░░░░░░▄▄███████████
████▀░░▀███████████████████
████▄░░▄███████████████████
████░░░░██░░░░▀░░░░░░▀█████
████░░░░██░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀████
████░░░░██░░░░█████░░░░████
S4M5.DTY

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:11:33 AM

TLDR:
  • Collect, trade, and breed cryptographically unique Kitties
  • Kitties have a 256-bit genome with rare genes and special "Fancy Cats" hidden throughout
  • Early access was launched on Thursday, within a few hours became one of top-used dApps ever, accounting for 2%+ of total gas usage that day
  • One of the first at-scale uses of blockchain that is not cryptocurrency or fund transfer

Link: https://private.cryptokitties.co

https://i.redd.it/5lkkzun0izzz.png

Its dev's idea is great bringing virtual pet concept, but then it's badly congested the network, it's very disadvantageous others. I don't care about kittens worth how many ETH. The fact is, it's disturbing many peoples.

Crypto Kitties has now 20% of all the transactions of the ETH network. It is clogging the ETH network right now. Seems like a good stress test for the system

I think this moment should be an evaluation for ETH network related to response sudden heavy traffic like this and previously when Bancor ICO last time.

People buying virtual cats for 100's of USD whereas , many homeless kitties looking for home , human is a greedy and showoff animal.

And this is my favorite comment at all.
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:14:04 AM

There is absoluly no doubt that there are a lot of people who are willing to buy a "kittie" for 200 eth.

Those who got in early on this ponzi have made a lot of money.
wisdommember

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:17:34 AM

i m very concerned about the fact that this eth game or upcoming games will encumber the ethereum blockchain....currently the price is going down. at the moment transactions are very slow. one advantage of eth against btc is that fee can be cheap. what if we now paid about more to get working transactions?
Roidz92

Activity: 560
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:25:14 AM

They need to close the site for a couple of days!
steveouttrim

Activity: 75

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:42:31 PM

The game is cool, but we have been unable to make any payments for 2 days now. This is having a serious negative effect on my business.
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:05:47 PM

a blockchain tamagotchi.

this is crazy and cool. i won't find the time to take part. or will i stop reading and posting here to have one of these cats?
yayboss

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 07:10:05 PM

The game is cool, but we have been unable to make any payments for 2 days now. This is having a serious negative effect on my business.

The ETH devs will need to come up with a good FORK plan to solve the scalability issue!
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:29:58 PM

you are right, i just wanted to transfer some ETH to buy one or two or three of those cats. the transaction is stucked.....
shulc7

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:19:32 PM

TLDR:
  • Collect, trade, and breed cryptographically unique Kitties
  • Kitties have a 256-bit genome with rare genes and special "Fancy Cats" hidden throughout
  • Early access was launched on Thursday, within a few hours became one of top-used dApps ever, accounting for 2%+ of total gas usage that day
  • One of the first at-scale uses of blockchain that is not cryptocurrency or fund transfer

Link: https://private.cryptokitties.co

These kittens are really very funny. They are cute, but the application is a serious stuff. With it, users have the opportunity to exchange, buy, sell and breed kittens, which have a unique 256-bit genetic code. In addition, every 15 minutes, developers release new individuals.

It is like an educational stuff also for those, who want to understand the idea of blockchain.
landysh007

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:42:24 PM

I love cats and at me in the house there lives a cat. But to all there is a limit. Because of these cats on ethereum network huge loading was created. I consider it not acceptable.
Snarks

Activity: 196
Merit: 17

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:37:13 PM

Fortunately the Ethereum transfer fee has gone down. A few days ago it was 60 Gwei, now it's only 15 Gwei. Still, over 20% of the transactions are related to Cryptokitties.

cryptogirls85

Activity: 169

Trying to be someone... someday

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:55:39 PM

The dust will settle in a few days... I don`t think the Kitties have got it in them to bring down an Empire like Ethereum  Wink

SheepSuit

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:26:07 AM

The dust will settle in a few days... I don`t think the Kitties have got it in them to bring down an Empire like Ethereum  Wink

The kitties are going down  Tongue

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: