Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:35:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that atl-coins are still "alt"?  (Read 772 times)
Invest-or (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:43:17 PM

I have observed that the bitcoin fans are kind of jealous of the "alts" or simply despise them. I think that calling "alt" to ethereum, Dash, Monero and many others is no loguer valid. It is just like if the "dollar" was a true fiat and the Euro just an "alt-dollar"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:48:28 PM

They are altcoins because they are alternate cryptocurrencies, they are the second group of cryptocurrencies while bitcoin is still the 1st.

And there is no way to change that, why all those altcoins like ethereum, dash, monero, litecoin, would stop being altcoins? i dont even know why are you asking this because this is a huge concept that everybody knows in here since they started to invest on cryptos.

It is the same as saying that gold is exactly the same as copper because they both are metals.

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 07:50:09 PM

I have observed that the bitcoin fans are kind of jealous of the "alts" or simply despise them. I think that calling "alt" to ethereum, Dash, Monero and many others is no loguer valid. It is just like if the "dollar" was a true fiat and the Euro just an "alt-dollar"

jep thats also my opinion

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 07:52:26 PM

They are altcoins because they are alternate cryptocurrencies, they are the second group of cryptocurrencies while bitcoin is still the 1st.

And there is no way to change that, why all those altcoins like ethereum, dash, monero, litecoin, would stop being altcoins? i dont even know why are you asking this because this is a huge concept that everybody knows in here since they started to invest on cryptos.

It is the same as saying that gold is exactly the same as copper because they both are metals.

no way to change that? who said bitcoin is 1st group of cryptocurrencies? this is just bitcoin fixed thinking, bitcoin is a cryptocurrency like many others, the fact that it was one of the earlier ones that were around in the media doesnt mean anything in the long term, netscape also was the first ever internet browser but we dont call google chrome firefox internetexplorer not "alt browser" or alternate browser thats what netscape freak do only

gold is a natural element not an artificial human created

the same can be used for all other products,

all cars that are not mercedes benz or daimler made, "are alt cars" Roll Eyes

all non apple smarphones are "alt smarphones"

all non facebook social media are "alt social media"

oh what about paper currencies? lets see

all non french paper currencies are now "alt bills" or "alt banknotes"

you argument is ridiculous. you are just a bitcoin obssesed freak, go by yourself bitcoin diamond.  Roll Eyes

regards

Jafri101

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:54:05 PM

Yes every other coin except bitcoin is an altcoin. No coin can replace bitcoin,even ethereum cant replace bitcoin. Everyone knows bitcoin is the father of crypto currency. All other altcoins are good but cant compete bitcoin.
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:11:25 PM

As people have already stated, any coin that is not Bitcoin is an alt(ernative) coin.

I have a feeling that they have gotten more serious over the years and I think that we will be seeing some altcoins that are completely independent of Bitcoin in the future.
ezbreezy08

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:24:15 PM

Yes altcoin is alts name from the word itself alternative coin. other tokens wants to compete in bitcoin by fast transactions, altcoins is still the future of all man kind
thulisman

Activity: 85

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:34:25 PM

Altcoin appears to compensate for the shortcomings of bitcoin and exists in parallel with bitcoin for various developmental purposes. More and more new altcoins are born with more features. Make wise investments in altcoin to make a lot of money.
Tamy

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:34:43 PM

I think that every person will have a different opinion on this topic. Some will say that Bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency, and all other coins are alternate coins. Other opinion is that because there are also some other good coins out there, they should not be treated as alt coins. Here I talk about Ethereum, Monero and few other good coins. At the and, for me it doesn't matter if something is called altcoin or not. Only thing that is important, is the value of the coin and the earning that we can gain from the coins.
entr

Activity: 602
Merit: 277

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:40:06 PM

I agree with that alt means alternate coins but when they first appear they were basically bitcoin but not named "bitcoin". Nowadays, it gone beyond bitcoin. While bitcoin can not satisfy its existence, some "alt" coins created value and take further steps. Bitcoin should be the alt coin in crypto currency world.
torrantz

Activity: 1063
Merit: 253

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:00:56 PM

you may wrong at that thing. but every coin was same in my opinion. There is no real coin except the hardfork or shitcoin that remains the fake coin. Bitcoin code basically looks similar with litecoin that called by anyone altcoin.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
oseikuf44

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:06:44 PM

Yes they are alternate coins to Bitcoins ,the first and biggest coins ever to happen humanity.
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:48:21 PM

I think I understand what you are saying, but I guess that most people use the term Bitcoin and altcoins, simply because BTC was the first, and a lot of other coins were actually created having bitcoin protocol, and probably some of it's code as a base for it's creation. This doesn't mean that they are not good, and I don't think the term altcoin should be used in a depreciative manner. I know I don't use it, and I think there are a lot of alts out there, that have plenty of value, specially because they managed to stay away from bitcoin, and actually offered something new. Ether is a good example of this.

Of course that right now, no one can contest bitcoin value, since it's dominance over the global crypto market is at 52%.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:04:02 AM

That is not the reason, it is simply a definition, for example every single currency besides your local currency is a foreign currency, that means is a currency not printed by the local government, that is it, it is a concept, that is all, it is not an attempt to try to lessen the other coins, even if bitcoin disappeared any other coin other than bitcoin will still be an altcoin.
hieu81

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:39:38 AM

I thinks! This is a best way to used! Easy to understand and for me: BTC is the first!
Other coin call : altcoin!
Thanks
Invest-or (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:36:59 PM

Yes every other coin except bitcoin is an altcoin. No coin can replace bitcoin,even ethereum cant replace bitcoin. Everyone knows bitcoin is the father of crypto currency. All other altcoins are good but cant compete bitcoin.

I don´t think ethereum will replace bitcoin, I think that it will grow so large that bitcoin wil be a thing of the past. However, I do respect it as the pionner. If you are old enough you will remember that before google yahoo was the search engine and the rest were "alt-searches".
renes

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:53:11 PM

No for sure. How can one see ethereum as an altcoin anymore? But bitcoin is more than 50% of the market so the altcoin term is still real.
APICEMTECH

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:00:59 PM

Yes, for me in the longer term most alts will remain always "alt". The only reason I buy alts is to increase my bitcoins. Now there might be some exceptions for sure, such as OMG, ETH, 0X or waves, but apart from handful of these, most are going to be of no value.

Fahim

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:09:06 PM

If we talk about the conventional terminology, then all the coins except bitcoin are altcoins. However, in my opinion, such coins as Waves, Ripple, Ethereum, Neo - are more than altcoins, they are independent coins. By this term, you put the ethereum on one step with any shit-coin. It is not right.
ghonkz

Activity: 459
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:15:28 PM

every coin except bitcoin is alt, alt stand for alternatife. as long there btc outthere anothor coin still called alt, as simple as that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: