Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:57:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The best wallets for altcoins?  (Read 222 times)
RealKhan (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:12:38 PM

Hey guys! I wanna start to invest in alts like XRP, ETH etc. and I can't really find any wallet. I don't think we have any great multi wallets yet. I know that there are some wallets from developers, but what I am looking for is the wallet for different types of coins.

Hope to hear some good ones from you. Thanks you
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:42:38 PM

There arefew on my choice try exodus, jaxx or coinomi. And as you mentioned you'll be also holding ETH my not try to keep it with MEW so that if ever there will be some ERC20 tokens that will be catching your eye that will be sufficient. With those given wallets that I mentioned, there might be some others that I forgot but those are the most used and popular ones.
rayk

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 09:17:58 PM

The best wallet is the official wallets of coins. I download official wallets and make a copy of my private keys. That's all.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:26:21 PM

I guess you can always check the websites of the altcoins you want to store, see what are their official wallets and pick one for their list. I think this is a lot safer than to try to use a wallet that could end up being a scam. There are some well known wallets like jaxx or coinomi that support multiple coins, and you even have Ledger and Trezor if you really want to go for the long term hold, and keep your coins secure. Don't forget that coinomi only has a mobile version right now, and I still don't know if smartphones are secure enough to hold large amounts of coins.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 728
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 10:56:06 PM

I know that there are some wallets from developers, but what I am looking for is the wallet for different types of coins.

You shouldn't be looking for these. It's much better to use wallets introduced and distributed by the official dev team of whatever coin you want to use.

Anything else, might cause issues. For example, a lot of these wallets don't offer access to the private keys of your addresses which means that you basically don't own anything and your money is with "x" company so if they flee you're screwed.
Most of the popular coins like ether have light-weight clients so you don't have to download the whole blockchain to your pc. Look for those.
namjar

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:59:26 PM

Yeah, the best thing that you can do is just try to use the best wallets and all those that we have been using for more than months.

Coinbase and blockchain.info wallets are very good ones, but not if you are going to store a big value of bitcoins in there, because you can get hacked and all your funds would be lost.

Better to invest some money and buy a new Trezor wallet, or even a Nano Ledger, it is the best way to protect your bitcoins because you can have a lot of erc20 tokens in there, and monero, litecoin, ripple and Bitcoin/bitcoin cash too.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
NikShoode

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 06:35:58 AM

Guys from Miralab today start their Mira pre-ico, and this project is about secure way of storing and sending crypto. As people said above you can get hacked and all your funds would be lost if you use online wallets. Mira's wallet called Mirabox which is a simple encrypted file containing cryptocurrency, you should to download it on a usb or whatever you want and it could be off chain. So it is rather safe. Read their white paper and make your choice https://miralab.io/Mira_WhitePaper_EN.pdf
Henri Cartier

Activity: 236
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:09:54 AM

As Cryptocurrency has gained the popularity, the hacking events also went on increasing, so it is very important to store your precious Bitcoins/Altcoins securely so that you don’t lose out.

To store Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies, there is a platform called wallets, which helps you secure your currencies, with the only access available to you.

There are different types of wallets like Hardware Wallet, Paper Wallet, Desktop Wallet and Online Wallet. It is important to choose the best wallet that can store your bitcoins/altcoins safely. You can find the best bitcoin wallets of 2018 here.

eagle10

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 08:19:55 AM

Hey guys! I wanna start to invest in alts like XRP, ETH etc. and I can't really find any wallet. I don't think we have any great multi wallets yet. I know that there are some wallets from developers, but what I am looking for is the wallet for different types of coins.

Hope to hear some good ones from you. Thanks you
I use coinomi and until now I do not yet encounter any problems using it with my coins. However, I do not know if there wallet for XRP coins there. I am sure there is ethereum because I use it for eth in my early investment in ethereum and other altcoins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: