Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 12:04:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sonny Vleisides' finally sticking it up his investors' asses!  (Read 7364 times)
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 07:49:55 PM

There must be hundreds of "common folk" among the readers and posters of this forum.  I don't have any count, but it looks to me that most of the reports of hardware are from first-day adopters, luminaries, bitcoin insiders, or opinion makers such as bloggers.  I may be wrong in that, but if so, someone could easily show a list of "I got mine" posts from "just folks."

Well yah, let me just scurry away and spend half an hour or so of my time making a list of people that will instantly be promoted to "BFL shill" status  Roll Eyes

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 08:28:50 PM

I can confirm i got the same bullshit email from BFL.

I ordered a couple of 30gh/s machines in February, they have not even shipped a single one of those, they have not even finished redesigning it...

I asked politely for my refund and was told no.

Maybe i just need to call Inaba a cunt in public, in order to get a refund...

You stand corrected,my 30GH unit shipped yesterday,FINALLY  Roll Eyes  After 1 year & 5 days  Roll Eyes

Now I'm just waiting to see if my $129 for shipping makes it a next day delivery or just lined thier pockets.....................

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 08:45:21 PM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/3521-bfl-doesnt-refund-anymore.html

He got his, now the rest can all go fuck yourselves.

What a motherfuckin' piece of shit. It's a shame I didn't see this coming otherwise I would have joined the choir and warned you all.

The end is nigh!
Well, I don't know the backstory. I assume though that when many members realized they were already screwed by receiving their miners so extremely late....that they would almost always do a mass refund together.

If they have a problem with it, they should talk to PayPal. And be the first in line, because those who are slow...usually get screwed.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 08:50:05 PM

I know, for my part, I would not want a device that runs at 200w at 60 GH/s - it would never see a positive ROI.

LOL. How's the crow taste? Why are you selling devices that will "never see a positive ROI"?
Youch.

I wonder how he feels about it now? Haha
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 08:54:40 PM

Context! What was BTC worth at that point?

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 08:57:02 PM

I'm interested in taking part in a joint legal action against BFL. I requested refund after Inaba's rant against Gar255 and I just received the same BS reply.

This is outrageous.

This is a theory

less than 300 Jalapenos(600chips), less than 10 singles(100chips) and 3 minirigs (300chips)
Total 1000 chips

It is likely that the first order was only 1000chips. Now made ​​another batch, this request will take between 8 and 12 weeks.

When they show all the chips they need, it began shipments of bulk.
The question is:
Have they done the order of 100000 chips they need for preorders?

Or are they waiting until someone buy these 100000:
https://products.butterflylabs.com/65nm-asic-bitcoin-mining-chip.html
 To pay almost 100% of the order (200000)
LMAO, you came to the exact same conclusion I did many weeks ago.

That is probably why they are so slow again. [speculation of course]

I'm interested in taking part in a joint legal action against BFL. I requested refund after Inaba's rant against Gar255 and I just received the same BS reply.

This is outrageous.

Inaba's rant against Gar255 and comments made about every single member of this board, were most certainly the issue that pushed me to ask for a refund, combined with the fact that BFL is clearly a ponzi.

Aha, I told you so! (A Speculation of course)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 09:06:25 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2013, 09:18:36 PM by PuertoLibre

From the outside, it's hard to tell if BFL is just a poorly managed company run by some marketing "visionaries" getting caught up in a get rich quick scheme, or simply just maximizing their own ROI before the Kansas State Attorney General gets involved.  With the recent hard-line stance on refund refusal and the shipping slowing to a trickle, the latter might make sense - they would take the liquid assets out of the company after a initial shipping push (securing more pre-orders and upgrade funds) while not continuing to tie liquidity up on actual material orders like chips and PCB's.  That's if they were planning on "taking the money and run" approach, which I'm sure BFL is not, because they seem like nice, honest folks.

RICO?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racketeer_Influenced_and_Corrupt_Organizations_Act

Read through it carefully and see if it applies in any way?

When the U.S. Attorney decides to indict someone under RICO, he or she has the option of seeking a pre-trial restraining order or injunction to temporarily seize a defendant's assets and prevent the transfer of potentially forfeitable property, as well as require the defendant to put up a performance bond. This provision was placed in the law because the owners of Mafia-related shell corporations often absconded with the assets. An injunction and/or performance bond ensures that there is something to seize in the event of a guilty verdict.
In many cases, the threat of a RICO indictment can force defendants to plead guilty to lesser charges, in part because the seizure of assets would make it difficult to pay a defense attorney. Despite its harsh provisions, a RICO-related charge is considered easy to prove in court, as it focuses on patterns of behavior as opposed to criminal acts.[4]
Isokivi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 09:08:33 PM

Bfl treating it's customers like shit. Is this even newsworthy anymore ?

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
Loredo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 11:11:57 PM

RICO?
I'm not an attorney, but do know this:  RICO is pursed both in criminal charges, brought by the state, (which you are citing in your quote) and as the basis of civil complaint, brought by private parties.  It has been used successfully, for example, in forcing settlement in an instance of a large apartment owner/manager systematically defrauding tenants via withholding security deposits.

It's apparently not easy to successfully bring a pleading to trial, but if it is done successfully, the triple damages section of the law gives it very sharp teeth.

EDIT: Search "rico civil complaint" for lots of citations and references to cases.
CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 04:36:27 AM

BFL's USD refund policy provides a more likely explanation of why they would be halting refunds of recent orders. Bitcoin value was around $130 June 1st. With bitcoin value now around $90, users could abuse the refund process and essentially sell their coins for $130 today, then rebuy at $90 tomorrow. My guess is BFL is holding some percentage of preorder payments in bitcoin and can't afford to sell those coins and refund customers at a higher rate.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 04:53:32 AM

The website now says at checkout that all sales are final. You're quoting months old posts. You people have been screaming that the sky was falling since day one. Said they were going to take all the pre-order money and run without shipping a product. They shipped a product, and you said they were just going to ship a few to get more orders, and then take the money and run without ever shipping to customers.

They've been shipping hundreds of orders for the past few weeks, and now you're screaming that they're going to take the money and run, because they're enforcing their 'no refunds' policy on new orders that were placed AFTER they started shipping.

Every time you people are proven wrong, you come up with more bullshit to speculate about and say "I told you so" even though you've been wrong every time. I'm looking at you Phinnaeus Gage

There I was, jacking off to new girl (small tits, tight pussy) on MFC when I had this uncomfortable feeling that I was being watched. Sure enough, I was right.

I've yet to be proven wrong about Sonny K. not being revealed.
I've yet to be proven wrong about there not being any FCC certifications in spite of Josh stating that they were forthcoming in-two-weekTM back in last November.
I've yet to be proven wrong about there not being any UL certifications.
I've yet to be proven wrong about there not being any CE certifications.
I've yet to be proven wrong about Josh not also owing a 1000 BTC bet/guarantee promise to charity.

And, I've yet to be proven wrong about amassing free scrap copper and saving pre-1981 Lincoln cents (pennies) is a better investment than purchasing copper bullion over spot.

Now, who's looking at whom?

<Zip!>

And yet you've been proven wrong on all of the claims that matter.

The 1000 BTC bet was dealt with. Get over it.

UL Certifications aren't required because the unit is powered by power supplies that are already UL certified.

There are differing opinions on whether Big Brother actually requires FCC certifications (everybody who's tried to make a stink about it with the FCC has received a response that they don't realy care.

It's illegal to melt Pennies, so their value is stuck at "face" period. End of story. If you're paying over spot for bullion, you should probably shop around better, and learn a little about the futures market, mmkay?

Now, as you were, Chicken Little Phinnaeus Gage

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 04:56:37 AM

The website now says at checkout that all sales are final. You're quoting months old posts. You people have been screaming that the sky was falling since day one. Said they were going to take all the pre-order money and run without shipping a product. They shipped a product, and you said they were just going to ship a few to get more orders, and then take the money and run without ever shipping to customers.

They've been shipping hundreds of orders for the past few weeks, and now you're screaming that they're going to take the money and run, because they're enforcing their 'no refunds' policy on new orders that were placed AFTER they started shipping.

Every time you people are proven wrong, you come up with more bullshit to speculate about and say "I told you so" even though you've been wrong every time. I'm looking at you Phinnaeus Gage
Here's my response to you, and, again, I don't have a dog in this ring.

There must be hundreds of "common folk" among the readers and posters of this forum.  I don't have any count, but it looks to me that most of the reports of hardware are from first-day adopters, luminaries, bitcoin insiders, or opinion makers such as bloggers.  I may be wrong in that, but if so, someone could easily show a list of "I got mine" posts from "just folks."

You are. They've shipped Jalapeno orders through September 14th.  Wink

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 04:57:40 AM

Which bet? The one where they did not pay. Or the one where they donated the money to themselves?

Don't worry, if you don't like BFL just ask for a refund!  Grin Grin Grin

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 05:06:52 AM

There I was, jacking off to new girl (small tits, tight pussy) on MFC when I had this uncomfortable feeling that I was being watched. Sure enough, I was right.

I've yet to be proven wrong about Sonny K. not being revealed.
I've yet to be proven wrong about there not being any FCC certifications in spite of Josh stating that they were forthcoming in-two-weekTM back in last November.
I've yet to be proven wrong about there not being any UL certifications.
I've yet to be proven wrong about there not being any CE certifications.
I've yet to be proven wrong about Josh not also owing a 1000 BTC bet/guarantee promise to charity.

And, I've yet to be proven wrong about amassing free scrap copper and saving pre-1981 Lincoln cents (pennies) is a better investment than purchasing copper bullion over spot.

Now, who's looking at whom?

<Zip!>

And yet you've been proven wrong on all of the claims that matter.

UL Certifications aren't required because the unit is powered by power supplies that are already UL certified.

There are differing opinions on whether Big Brother actually requires FCC certifications (everybody who's tried to make a stink about it with the FCC has received a response that they don't realy care.

It's illegal to melt Pennies, so their value is stuck at "face" period. End of story. If you're paying over spot for bullion, you should probably shop around better, and learn a little about the futures market, mmkay?

Now, as you were, Chicken Little Phinnaeus Gage

I'll give you a blowjob if you prove that the following 1000 BTC was satisfied.

Since Tom is refusing to actually make the bet he himself proposed between us, I am offering up a guarantee of 1000 BTC to charity (I will take suggestions on which charity to donate this to) if BFL does not meet it's power claims within 10% - meaning if BFL's power consumption is more than 66w for a Single SC, we lose the "bet."

Now, I ask if Tom is willing to step up and back the winning side.  He is 100% confident that we will not meet our power claims (which is the genesis of the failed bet), and as such I ask that he pony up 1000 BTC to the same charity if we do make our power claims.  

So there it is:  Tom is confident that we won't make our power claims, I am confident that we will.  I am willing to put up 1000 BTC to show my confidence in BFL products.  Is Tom confident enough to do the same or is he just blowing hot air?

If the FCC is such a mute issue, then why...

When is the Jalapeno getting FCC approval?

Maybe two weeks? We are waiting for the test lab to issue the test report.

With the bump in power requirements on the MR and the new screen, we had to make changes, although the new screen is already certified.  We are doing all the devices at once, since they all share the same board.

According to Josh, it was a requirement, hence promising in-two-weeksTM, thereabouts, they'll have certificate in hand.

As far as your UL statement. Then why do TV makers have UL tags affixed to the back of their TVs when they're already covered from doing such via the power cord?

Did you forget about the CE certification, or do you have a logical reason for that too not being required?

BTW, I forgot about the permit that wasn't pulled during the remodeling of their new facility. Prey tell the reason why they didn't get one or needed it.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 05:25:14 AM

It seems like Sonny Vleisides hasn't changed his ways.

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/decentralization/message/4876?o=0&var=1&p=11

RE: [decentralization] Guide to DMT Rand operation - Skeptism

Posted By:   Anon   Mon Dec 31, 2001 6:22 pm  |
Options

If you are interested in becoming one of the first 5000 Founders of LFCity
send a letter describing your reason for this goal to CityClerk@...
with the subject of "Founder". [1]

As at January 31, 2001 3:48PM PST LFCity has 1,333 Founders. [2]

LFC is funded by grants from individuals who agree to be "Founders" for
around $5K each. [3]

According to these numbers LFCity has raised $6,665,000. It is reasonable to
assume that the founders fee was waived for a select group of insiders and
early adopters. Even so it looks like they have raised quite a chunk of
change. I concede that "past history is no guarantee of future performance".
However, when it comes to evaluating the performance of someone spending
other peoples money, and potentially mine, I'm keen to learn what has been
achieved with all this cash. Anyone seen a balance sheet?

Despite mouthing libertarian philosophy, I found the individual in charge of
Dodge City, a subsidiary of Laissez-Faire City, (we'll call him "Ben") to
be autocratic, angered by being questioned, flawed in his understanding, and
in the habit of censoring messages he didn't like. [3]

The eventual result was that my account was suspended due to my arguments
and criticisms, which I found extremely hypocritical given the supposed
libertarian ideals of the place. Also the fact that they silence dissenters
is a bad indication as to the viability, honor, and realism of the project.

[3]

Hmmm... the libertarians/objectivists need a government. What are the
options for a group that believes in minimal government?

As the saying goes: Once a piece of shit, always...
Book

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 05:50:51 AM

Looks like a lot of people have been scammed.
firefop

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 06:27:56 AM

According to Josh, it was a requirement, hence promising in-two-weeksTM, thereabouts, they'll have certificate in hand.

As far as your UL statement. Then why do TV makers have UL tags affixed to the back of their TVs when they're already covered from doing such via the power cord?

Did you forget about the CE certification, or do you have a logical reason for that too not being required?

BTW, I forgot about the permit that wasn't pulled during the remodeling of their new facility. Prey tell the reason why they didn't get one or needed it.

I swear you and I have been through this before B. UL is an optional certification... it certifies that a device isn't going to melt down, explode or light itself on fire. You get UL certifications on transformers because no retailer would sell them without since they handle attachment to the electric grid. Anything using an external or aftermarket power supple to convert AC to DC doesn't require (and in fact wouldn't qualify for) UL certification.

As for CE certification... who cares - this product is produced in USA and has no reason to file certs with every self-important regulatory board on the planet.

Exactly what permit are you talking about. If you're talking about the customization of the interior of their new location. Depending on the location permits might not be required. You are not for example required to get permits for freestanding non-load bearing walls built inside an existing structure as long as they don't have internal power conduits or water/gas pipes inside of them. It's quite common for companies here to purchase an overlarge warehouse, build a U shaped balcony around 3 sides of it with work/storage areas over top and offices underneath... they do this because they can use the existing power/water/gas in the warehouses external walls and don't have to get permits for the build then.

ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 07:02:38 AM

BFL did not state, "The money you are sending us is an INVESTMENT, with risk." Thus, it is a "product", and a "product that accepted USD or paypal or cc agreements". Those agreements, even when it clearly states, "no refunds", are the final word in any legal court. To even accept paypal, or a cc, you AGREE as a recipient of funds.... to offer a "reasonable return policy", and "adhere to all US laws". Which includes "returns", and deals with, "failure to deliver in a reasonable time", and also deals with what must be said if it is "a high-risk investment", as opposed to a "sale of an item".

There are also laws about "selling things you do not own", under the false pretense of, "ownership". (Thus, presales of un-owned property, which demands retainers for accounts, before you can accept any level of income from a "sale" of the "presale". EG, you can only oversell a certain amount, and must maintain enough within an account to refund or return a certain amount, in the event of failure or legal litigation.)

There is also the issue of accepting a valued trade, without reporting the value of the trade, or records of the trades, to be used for an exchange of goods or services. (Reporting BTC-value-earnings, which is done quarterly for a business, to be taxed as income.)

However, all is not lost... The price of BTC will rise again, once the "easy miners" have gotten enough debt, and can no longer settle for less. Eg, once they are no longer willing to accept less USD for the BTC they have earned. But they can still make money selling as low as $10 so don't expect the price to stop dropping at $50... They want that money more than you, even at $10-$20, per BTC. They can afford it, they make the machines that you are paying for, and taking your earnings before you can ever earn them, to cash those in too.

As if you didn't see this coming. Denial is a bitch! Join AA (Asics Anonymous)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 07:30:13 AM

As if you didn't see this coming. Denial is a bitch! Join AA (Asics Anonymous)

Step 1. Hi I am (Insert Bitcointalk name here) I am a BFL pre-order addict.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 07:40:37 AM

Josh Butterflies
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: