Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:56:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sonny Vleisides' finally sticking it up his investors' asses!  (Read 7364 times)
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 08:23:02 AM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/3521-bfl-doesnt-refund-anymore.html

He got his, now the rest can all go fuck yourselves.

What a motherfuckin' piece of shit. It's a shame I didn't see this coming otherwise I would have joined the choir and warned you all.

The end is nigh!
It is high time BFL get scammer tag!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 09:05:56 AM

According to Josh, it was a requirement, hence promising in-two-weeksTM, thereabouts, they'll have certificate in hand.

As far as your UL statement. Then why do TV makers have UL tags affixed to the back of their TVs when they're already covered from doing such via the power cord?

Did you forget about the CE certification, or do you have a logical reason for that too not being required?

BTW, I forgot about the permit that wasn't pulled during the remodeling of their new facility. Prey tell the reason why they didn't get one or needed it.

I swear you and I have been through this before B. UL is an optional certification... it certifies that a device isn't going to melt down, explode or light itself on fire. You get UL certifications on transformers because no retailer would sell them without since they handle attachment to the electric grid. Anything using an external or aftermarket power supple to convert AC to DC doesn't require (and in fact wouldn't qualify for) UL certification.

As for CE certification... who cares - this product is produced in USA and has no reason to file certs with every self-important regulatory board on the planet.

Exactly what permit are you talking about. If you're talking about the customization of the interior of their new location. Depending on the location permits might not be required. You are not for example required to get permits for freestanding non-load bearing walls built inside an existing structure as long as they don't have internal power conduits or water/gas pipes inside of them. It's quite common for companies here to purchase an overlarge warehouse, build a U shaped balcony around 3 sides of it with work/storage areas over top and offices underneath... they do this because they can use the existing power/water/gas in the warehouses external walls and don't have to get permits for the build then.

Addressing the UL aspect:

I'll assume every college dorm has a policy in place similar to the following: http://www.mvcc.edu/housing/summer-2013-room-agreement

Cooking is not allowed in the Residence Hall rooms or public areas. The possession or use of ANY heat producing cooking appliance is prohibited.
Exceptions to this are 1- the use of the microwave oven provided in each Residence Hall, 2- the use of a Microwave only in the New Hall Gathering
Area and 3- the kitchen equipment available for student use. Air conditioners, space heaters, coffee pots, electric blankets, heating pads, holiday
lights, microwave ovens in student bedrooms, lava lamps, halogen lamps, neon signs, power tools and any other electrical appliance/device that, in the
opinion of the staff or the New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control, is hazardous to operate in the Residence Halls is prohibited. Clothes
irons and “Hair Straighteners/Curling Irons” must be auto-shut off. Any non-prohibited electrical appliance/device used by a student must be “UL”
approved

If somebody is aware of a college that doesn't have such a policy in place, please make me aware of it, whereupon I will do everything in my powers to make sure they do have one otherwise they'll be shut down.

That said, we all know here that there are bitcoiners who will be using these miners in their dorms taking advantage of the free electricity. The miners will have to be UL listed and approved by the institute.

Do you honestly believe that any college will allow ANY bitcoin mining rig on their premises without a UL listed tag of sorts affixed to the unit? Do you honestly believe that any higher education institute will allow an unlist UL device to be run unattended, especially since they're known to put off excess heat?

I predict that within only two very short years every university and college in the US will specifically ban ALL Bitcoin miners from being on campus in dorms. Why? For the safety of the children due to them being a fire hazard.

Now, do we see how important a UL listed sticker thingy is?

Apologies if I came across terse, firefop. (Ironic! I just realized that fire is part of your pseudonym)
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:01:54 AM

Searching for an excuse in the newly changed BFL refund policy is very funny. You can't break the law just because you've written on your refund policy that you can break the law!
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 12:24:48 PM

The 1000 BTC bet was dealt with. Get over it.

Current value of fund: 685.944 BTC

So no the bet isn't dealt yet. You are among the people who are wasting your time defending tards like Josh Zerlan aka Inaba! Grats to that!

sneef

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 02:58:44 PM

I can confirm i got the same bullshit email from BFL.

I ordered a couple of 30gh/s machines in February, they have not even shipped a single one of those, they have not even finished redesigning it...

I asked politely for my refund and was told no.

Maybe i just need to call Inaba a cunt in public, in order to get a refund...

You stand corrected,my 30GH unit shipped yesterday,FINALLY  Roll Eyes  After 1 year & 5 days  Roll Eyes

Now I'm just waiting to see if my $129 for shipping makes it a next day delivery or just lined thier pockets.....................

I do, i stand corrected.
Congrats to you.

I wonder if it will be 30gh or 25gh?
I wonder what the power consumption will be?

Regardless, Inaba is still a cunt.

kendog77

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 03:38:39 PM

Have they really stopped granting refunds?

I requested a refund on June 20th and June 22nd for two separate orders, and both refund requests were granted and processed within two business days.

I paid for both orders via Paypal and Amex, so had they refused my refund request I would have pursued the issue with Paypal, so perhaps that has something to do with it. If BFL loses their ability to get new funds via Paypal, I think they are done.

If BFL changed their refund policy, they must have done it within the past week.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 04:39:12 PM

If BFL changed their refund policy, they must have done it within the past week.

They did, that is why it is news.  Wink

Pretty sure all you have to do is talk negatively about BFL in public and they force you to take a refund.

I don't see what the big deal is. If you want a refund just start a thread and talk some shit.

Genius.  Grin

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 05:00:41 PM

They did, that is why it is news.  Wink

Pretty sure all you have to do is talk negatively about BFL in public and they force you to take a refund.

I don't see what the big deal is. If you want a refund just start a thread and talk some shit.

Genius.  Grin

Thank you

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 05:47:31 PM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/3521-bfl-doesnt-refund-anymore.html

What a motherfuckin' piece of shit. It's a shame I didn't see this coming otherwise I would have joined the choir and warned you all.

The end is nigh!

I don't even see the problem. They changed the TOS and people approved it at purchase. Anyone dumb enough to order in the last few weeks without doing their own due diligence deserves whatever happens.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 06:14:12 PM

I don't even see the problem.

Right... no problem at all.  Shocked

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 06:39:38 PM

The end is nigh!

I don't even see the problem. They changed the TOS and people approved it at purchase. Anyone dumb enough to order in the last few weeks without doing their own due diligence deserves whatever happens.

Unless they read one of Inaba's quotes that said that people with BFL orders can always get a refund. Also, BFL cannot force Paypal to withhold a refund.

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 09:52:19 PM

The end is nigh!

The FTC will see a problem even if you don't.  IF you have not received your order yet the FTC has pretty clear reasons why/when a company MUST issue a refund.

You should probably read the link below.  Just for fun I have copied a pretty important section when it comes to refunds.

When You Must Cancel an Order

You must cancel an order and provide a prompt refund when:
•the customer exercises any option to cancel before you ship the merchandise;
•the customer does not respond to your first notice of a definite revised shipment date of 30 days or less and you have not shipped the merchandise or received the customer’s consent to a further delay by the definite revised shipment date;
•the customer does not respond to your notice of a definite revised shipment date of more than 30 days (or your notice that you are unable to provide a definite revised shipment date) and you have not shipped the merchandise within 30 days of the original shipment date;
•the customer consents to a definite delay and you have not shipped or obtained the customer’s consent to any additional delay by the shipment time the customer consented to;
•you have not shipped or provided the required delay or renewed option notices on time; or
•you determine that you will never be able to ship the merchandise.

http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus02-business-guide-mail-and-telephone-order-merchandise-rule
scambutterflylabs

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 09:58:22 PM

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2013/06/30/butterfly-labs-crumbles-getting-mass-refund-requests-units-catching-fire-and-fans-failing/

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bfl      http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inaba
Butterfly Labs shipped the Jalapeno 10 months after first orders. They're still backlogged 7 months. If you're thinking of buying a BFL Monarch, think again.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 01:17:35 AM

Hence no UL listed or FCC certifications. The fuckin' machines won't pass! What next, a unit catches fire in a Bitcoiner's dorm killing several people? Or a unit catching fire in somebody's home killing an infant?

Not a single principal at BFL will be able to claim that they weren't aware, for I've personally stuck this issue up their asses no less than two dozen times.

BFL's holier then thou attitude is about to nip them in their asses.
firefop

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 01:39:46 AM

Do you honestly believe that any college will allow ANY bitcoin mining rig on their premises without a UL listed tag of sorts affixed to the unit? Do you honestly believe that any higher education institute will allow an unlist UL device to be run unattended, especially since they're known to put off excess heat?

Do you honestly believe that any college administration actually would be able to actively enforce that policy? I mean they have policies against alcohol and drug use currently - and college students ignore those already.

Apologies if I came across terse, firefop. (Ironic! I just realized that fire is part of your pseudonym)

I swear I'm not trying to be a punk on this point... but I've been through the UL certification process with several products and have finally decided that except when it comes to things transformers and power supplies its useless.

We actually had a completely safe on demand hydrogen device that we intended to install and maintain on buses... we wasted almost 100,000 dollars before we decided that they weren't going to certify due to politics and rolled up the project. To be fair they did help us resolve a couple of safety issues in the early revisions... but the final device wouldn't explode (or even break) when we created a spark in the main hydrogen collection chamber... sure it would disable the device and cause it stop functioning (and to leak distilled water - woohoo). Which was why they claimed it didn't qualify, because it might drip water on other engine components if it failed. But then I'm pretty sure you can hose down a running engine with no ill side effects... so whatever.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 02:18:34 AM

Do you honestly believe that any college administration actually would be able to actively enforce that policy? I mean they have policies against alcohol and drug use currently - and college students ignore those already.

I swear I'm not trying to be a punk on this point... but I've been through the UL certification process with several products and have finally decided that except when it comes to things transformers and power supplies its useless.

We actually had a completely safe on demand hydrogen device that we intended to install and maintain on buses... we wasted almost 100,000 dollars before we decided that they weren't going to certify due to politics and rolled up the project. To be fair they did help us resolve a couple of safety issues in the early revisions... but the final device wouldn't explode (or even break) when we created a spark in the main hydrogen collection chamber... sure it would disable the device and cause it stop functioning (and to leak distilled water - woohoo). Which was why they claimed it didn't qualify, because it might drip water on other engine components if it failed. But then I'm pretty sure you can hose down a running engine with no ill side effects... so whatever.

I respect your posts and replies, firefop. They have merit.

I understand the enforcing aspect, but they have the rules written down nonetheless to cover their asses.
firefop

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 03:14:15 AM

I understand the enforcing aspect, but they have the rules written down nonetheless to cover their asses.

That's exactly it... no transit company would consider letting us install the device without UL because of the potential civil liability if one exploded and took out a bus full of passengers. Ultimately I blame the litigation system in the USA for this mentality.

I really don't have an issue with the rules (especially since they're opt-in rather than mandated)...

But then I agree that I wouldn't expect a bfl unit to burst into flames either. So maybe I actually agree with you that they should have gotten certification.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 05:31:16 AM

That's exactly it... no transit company would consider letting us install the device without UL because of the potential civil liability if one exploded and took out a bus full of passengers. Ultimately I blame the litigation system in the USA for this mentality.

I really don't have an issue with the rules (especially since they're opt-in rather than mandated)...

But then I agree that I wouldn't expect a bfl unit to burst into flames either. So maybe I actually agree with you that they should have gotten certification.

I think the real point is they said that all these safety inspections were being done many many months ago and still none to be seen. That is reprehensible behavior given that impacts some buyers decisions. Also the implication say one of the units does kill or injury someone goes beyond BFL and to BTC itself. Can BTC afford that sort of risk? This goes for all fabricators not just BFL.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 05:56:23 AM

I think the real point is they said that all these safety inspections were being done many many months ago and still none to be seen. That is reprehensible behavior given that impacts some buyers decisions. Also the implication say one of the units does kill or injury someone goes beyond BFL and to BTC itself. Can BTC afford that sort of risk? This goes for all fabricators not just BFL.

Not just that. Inaba attacked Avalon and bASIC for not having certification while claiming that BFL was going to have it.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:58:44 AM

Not just that. Inaba attacked Avalon and bASIC for not having certification while claiming that BFL was going to have it.

He also hassled Tom about bASIC energy claims. Let's see what Tom had to say.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=79637.msg1273803#msg1273803

Quote from: cablepair
Sure I can post a "simulated" or "estimated" power usage number - but its not going to be accurate. You really think BFL is going to give 1Gh/s per watt? keep dreaming.

These energy efficiency numbers from my competitors are simply estimates and are not going to be accurate.

Buy & Hold
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: