Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:37:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you extract the heat from your mining operation?  (Read 816 times)
mxc0bbn (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

Welcome to Miami!

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:43:58 AM

Basically I'm looking for ideas on removing the heat from the room where I have the miners.  The equipment is in a room in my house that has a central A/C vent and a window, but in order to exhaust the hot air outside the house I would have to keep the window open which I don't want to do.  I also don't want to make any permanent holes in the wall that I would have to patch up later when I sell the house.

I've thought about opening up a hole in the ceiling inside the closet and running a flexible hvac tubing with an extractor fan to take the hot air to the attic.  This can be pathed up pretty easily and can even be made into an access into the attic, but I'm wondering if opening up that hole, even if I'm pushing air up there is going to allow air from the attic (extremely hot) to vent into the room, thereby making it hotter than it is now.

Thoughts?

worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:44:49 AM

For me I let nature did its work, in Winter time, it is cold enough that we need the heat from mining
Isokivi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 02:55:51 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76008.0

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
mxc0bbn (OP)

Activity: 79

Welcome to Miami!

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 02:39:29 AM

Wow, that "big red box" really made my day...lol very cool indeed.

hany103

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 12:07:25 PM

AC is enough
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: