Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:14:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Can Altcoins match up to Bitcoins?
Asiamah Serbeh-Koranteng - 2 (33.3%)
Nana Kwadwo - 4 (66.7%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Altcoins match up to Bitcoins  (Read 1580 times)
pooque

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:24:23 AM

Just wait for few years maybe Ethereum can ,if not there are other good coins available like xrp,iota,xlm, time can only tell if an alt can take the throne.

iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:27:51 AM

For me, i dont think that the altcoins can match up to bitcoins, because ever since before bitcoin is always be the best cryptocurrency and the altcoins will always be at the second of the best, but for me eventhough altcoins can match up against bitcoin i will totally sure that altcoins can improve very well just like bitcoin before.
As good as any Altcoin that exists today will remain different from Bitcoin. Bitcoin has a much higher rate than other digital currencies. I feel that Altcoin is a companion digital currency and Bitcoin is the main digital currency in the world today.

The huge price difference has shown that Bitcoin is everything right now. There will be no Altcoin that can match the level of Bitcoin.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:43:57 PM

i think there are not capable or lets just say no coin has ever achieve what bitcoin has already achieve lets just say that ethereum can but how long would it take if the bitcoin is continuously innovating itself i think it chances are slim to none

Bitcoin is too slow, so it won't take much time, believe me.
Bitcoin is not going to be this slow forever the greatest step to change that has already happened in this year which is one of the reasons of why bitcoin has gone up in value so much in the last months, and when bitcoin is finally able to process hundreds of thousands of transactions for a cheap fee, people are not going to need any other coin other than bitcoin.
illnino

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:32:47 PM

Some of them almost match Bitcoin. Today most of guys that deal with crypto choose Ethereum. However, I would better stake at Litecoin. This stunning cryptocurrency will be widely used in future. IMHO.
fusepay

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:38:25 PM

Of course some Altcoins can match up to Bitcoin, each of the valid Alts have intrinsic values, and if they have solid plans for diversification, they can of course be on par with Bitcoin. There are many scams  in the Cryptoworld, but also some good people who are trying to further digital coins and the real values they can add to us, and the world in whole.
emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 07:57:03 PM

I don't think any other altcoins have got the potential to match up the growth of Bitcoin. Ethereum has got a good potential to grow, as ICOs using Ethereum platform. Another altcoin which has a very good support in its community is Litecoin.

Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:14:08 PM

Other Alternative cryptocurrencies are being launched day in day out. Would these Altcoins be widely accepted as Bitcoins?
If matchup with bitcoin is what you said , i don't think that any altcoins can matchup what bitcoin has achieve now. There are many alternative cryptocurrencies that are being launches and introduce in the crypto world but no altcoins can matchup the bitcoin. They can be accepted like neo , ltc , omg, dash , bch , eth as coins. But the achievement of bitcoin , they are far ahead to match it up.

For now, I don't think any altcoin in the market even the best of them can match bitcoin, both in value and in marketability. Many see bitcoin now as the best emerging cryptocurrency as it commands a very high price point these days. However, we should not forget that bitcoin took a long road before reaching this remarkable feat, thus it can also be possible for altcoins to experience the same.

JeffVerosil

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:17:06 PM

With so many altcoins appearing..it is quite possible but with the rise of bitcoins altcoins needs to run fast...
Bitmedrano040117

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:34:09 PM

Other Alternative cryptocurrencies are being launched day in day out. Would these Altcoins be widely accepted as Bitcoins?

We all know that none of the altcoin are no match with Bitcoin. Even how much good  program they have to their project or roadmap it wouldn't take a reason to defeat bitcoin. Besides, how can altcoins match up or defeat the creator or the reason why they created? isn't right?
Buyingallcoinsz

Activity: 392
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:35:59 PM

They could eventually but not any time soon.
SanZoldyck

Activity: 615
Merit: 105

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:50:37 PM

the answer may be appropriate, but for some altcoins just like Ethereum or LTC, because the coin has become a medium of exchange that can compete with BTC

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
yura_878

Activity: 308

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:53:56 PM

Well, only a unit of all coins can get such recognition as a bitcoin and maybe it will be only one Ethereum

Holla123

Activity: 504
Merit: 131

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:56:18 PM

Bitcoin has been making a lot of people rich! But so have Ethereum or Neo. It is good to have a bitcoin but it is very much in the public focus and discussion, also the political discussion. I feel very safe with Ethereum, as most of what is happening is related to Ethereum (ETH based token ICO or projects like Raiden or Gonetwork). The space is too interesting to exclusively bet on Bitcoin I think. Everyone sees currency as the killer application in blockchain but there is a lot more see use cases with really unpredictable upside like factom, wabi, eventchain, powerledger or wabi.

I would definitely not ignore the possibilities in Altcoin space. BTC has been on a massive bull run this year. Only bitconnect which I feel looks to good to be true and recently Raiden were able to outperform BTC. That being said I would expect Ethereum to catch up on BTC.
SimonBeCoinin

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:01:33 PM

I have to say I do not understand anything from the survey options.  Embarrassed I think some of the altcoins technology is definitely better than Bitcoin. Especially Etheruem is also very good on this issue.
bosses

Activity: 322

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:04:05 PM

I have to say I do not understand anything from the survey options.  Embarrassed I think some of the altcoins technology is definitely better than Bitcoin. Especially Etheruem is also very good on this issue.
+++, I read, read and can not understand why this poll was created, maybe someone will explain?

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]               Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program               [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
LancienMaleAlpha

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:27:33 PM

Physically it's possible. But everything depends on the market now. If the cryptocurrency community decides to make some crypto popular, then it's gonna become widely spread. But in real, I doubt that any cpypto would get to or take over Bitcoin.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:11:41 AM

Actually many altcoins are widely accepted in the world, such as litecoin, ethereum and even bitcoincash or ripple, as many people prefer to use altcoins to carry out fast and cheap transactions, something that is quite difficult to achieve through bitcoin.

However, most altcoins are much less popular than bitcoin because they are relatively newer. If the bitcoin is making great efforts to make itself known internationally, the other altcoins are still much less known, so it is difficult for them to displace the bitcoin in terms of its universal acceptance.
BartS

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:47:19 PM

Just wait for few years maybe Ethereum can ,if not there are other good coins available like xrp,iota,xlm, time can only tell if an alt can take the throne.
Ethereum is the only coin that is close to bitcoin right now and even ethereum is very far away, even if ethereum is settling more transactions that is because of icos, so it is like having 100 coins all together against bitcoin at the same time and even all of that is still not enough since the average person probably has never heard of Ethereum but he has heard about bitcoin a few times.
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:54:58 PM

None of the altcoins can match up with Bitcoin. Maybe they copy the meaning of bitcoin but in terms of value it would be hard for the ICO owner to surpass the value it has it now.
BartS

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:29:54 PM

Bitcoin has been making a lot of people rich! But so have Ethereum or Neo. It is good to have a bitcoin but it is very much in the public focus and discussion, also the political discussion. I feel very safe with Ethereum, as most of what is happening is related to Ethereum (ETH based token ICO or projects like Raiden or Gonetwork). The space is too interesting to exclusively bet on Bitcoin I think. Everyone sees currency as the killer application in blockchain but there is a lot more see use cases with really unpredictable upside like factom, wabi, eventchain, powerledger or wabi.

I would definitely not ignore the possibilities in Altcoin space. BTC has been on a massive bull run this year. Only bitconnect which I feel looks to good to be true and recently Raiden were able to outperform BTC. That being said I would expect Ethereum to catch up on BTC.
The reason those coins do not receive as big as interest is because the cases in which they can be used are limited, while some people criticize bitcoin as only a currency the fact that bitcoin is so simple means that its applications are infinite, you need money for almost anything in this planet, even in some of the most remote places of earth they have primitive forms of money, that is why most altcoins cannot get close to bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: