Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:58:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Can Altcoins match up to Bitcoins?
Asiamah Serbeh-Koranteng - 2 (33.3%)
Nana Kwadwo - 4 (66.7%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Altcoins match up to Bitcoins  (Read 1580 times)
bitgangsta

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:00:58 PM

I think many altcoins have better technology and potential than bitcoin.  The problem is that bitcoin is most recognized world-wide, so it's hard to compete.

Footy Cash: The Fantasy Sports Coin With Masternodes
http://footycash.com/
https://twitter.com/Footy_Cash
Airelves09

Activity: 298

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 11:17:51 PM

Because now BTC has been accepted by the masses. So all the encrypted currencies, including altcoins, should be accepted in the future.

bestluck

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:46:59 PM

Other Alternative cryptocurrencies are being launched day in day out. Would these Altcoins be widely accepted as Bitcoins?
After seeing the activity of ethereum I think it is going to stand like bitcoin but still I have doubts because not much companies are using it as their money while bitcoin is widely used as a currency on a wide scale of companies.
Jedzkie050617

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:33:02 AM

Because now BTC has been accepted by the masses. So all the encrypted currencies, including altcoins, should be accepted in the future.

Nowadays, altcoins has no match over bitcoin. Bitcoin is the most dominant and demand crypto currency all throughout the world. Though, altcoins still be profitable which used as alternative coins from different bounties. Also, some altcoins will be fall due to the lack of support but most of the altcoins will rise and give good value as good as profitable value.
Crypto-watch-Talk

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:23:07 AM

Other Alternative cryptocurrencies are being launched day in day out. Would these Altcoins be widely accepted as Bitcoins?

If you mean match by price then yes there already 4 altcoins that cost over double what Bitcoin does.
imsotiredofmoviereboots

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:41:40 AM

Maybe those bitcoin imitations from forks can but alos any other altcoin can still do that because we are still on an early stage so if it prove its worth or used by large companies then yes can match btc.
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:51:25 AM

The community embracing bitcoin together with altcoins. But asking if there is any altcoins would be equal to bitcoin? definitely nothing. The reason is that, the community figured it out that bitcoin is much better that any altcoins for investment. And in terms of returns, bitcoin is absolutely very far from them.
@ngelcryptopia

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:56:20 AM

bitcoin has the network effect. no other coins can match up to that.
but other coins may grow at a faster rate than bitcoin. that is where you could get higher return than just holding bitcoin.

zchprm

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:00:29 AM

I think it can but it will take time for sure. BTC is such a big and stable coin to catch up for now but I can see altcoins catch up with it.

speaktome

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:05:05 AM

The community embracing bitcoin together with altcoins. But asking if there is any altcoins would be equal to bitcoin? definitely nothing. The reason is that, the community figured it out that bitcoin is much better that any altcoins for investment. And in terms of returns, bitcoin is absolutely very far from them.
While BTC has the network and the infrastructure for example miners and nodes as well as services and have the support of a large part of the community we must consider very difficult that altcoins can match up to BTC.

▄██████████▄
           ▄██████████████▄
          █████▀      ▀█████
         ████▀          ▀████
         ▀▀▀   ▄██████▄   ███▌
     ▄▄████   ▐████████▌  ████  ▄▄
   ▄████████   ▀██████▀   ███▌ ████▄
  █████▀▀▀▀▀      ▐█▌     ▀▀▀  ▀█████
 ████▀          ▄█████▄          ▀████
████   ▄█████▄▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█████▄   ███▌
███▌  ▐███████▌   ███   ▐███████▌  ▐██▌
████   ▀█████▀    ▀███   ▀█████▀   ███▌
 ████▄         ▄█▄ ▀███▄         ▄████
  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
    ▀▀████████▀▀       ▀▀████████▀▀
BitCloud  BTDX
A new type of decentralized currency
Most  Profitable  Masternode Coin
▬▬▬    • Wallet  • Details  • Exchanges  •Masternode    ▬▬▬
ANN  Blockexplorer  MN Calculator  ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter  Github  Slack

Sirius receive address:SQusssg3DRrKrEHW26c2skEDYCG7vrj11z
Dodoymabs

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:09:06 AM

Bitcoin is the mother of all cryptocurrency which means that nobody can replace it. Many altcoins are emerging and growing stronger but still they will depend in bitcoin. Many speculations that sooner or later bitcoin will be replaced by altcoin but I think that's not going to happen.
polymerbatt

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:12:01 AM

Actually altcoins is accepted by all cryptocurrency users here. People keep using altcoin for trading and investing too same like bitcoin. If we talking about the price, the answer is no. The altcoin price is never match up to bitcoin price, I mean the price is so far high even bitcoin cash price only 10% from the bitcoin price.
Fuhre

Activity: 644
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:18:06 AM

Seen altcoin since 2009 I think it's already match with bitcoin. Maybe suitable in terms of competing but not at a price. See the development of some current altcoins, such as ethereal or ltc. The public has been very receptive to them even though there are still some altcoin that is not believed by the public.
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:42:42 AM

Why would any altcoins be considered bitcoins?

They will forever be branded as altcoins. Even the closest thing to dethroning bitcoin right now, ETH, is still extremely far away from ever claiming that #1, prestigious spot. I think the main thing is that people have trust in bitcoin and see that it is the most well known and most well established cryptocurrency, and they are unlikely to invest in anything but bitcoin for the long run.

Alts can obviously fill the gap for particular niches that need decentralization, but BTC should still be #1.
narukami

Activity: 375

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:56:27 AM

No it cannot beat the bitcoin in terms of achievement but when it comes to the price there are some altcoin that can defeat bitcoin in short time only like ethereum but still nobody can defeat bitcoin as pf now but maybe in tha future it will raise even more further and lets hope that

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
misterj

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:08:24 AM

In my opinion. They cannot match up with bitcoin or they cannot catch up with bitcoin but they could be on the place where bitcoin have been. I mean is the altcoin can have the same value of bitcoin but of course if they did bitcoin would have higher value than them.

██▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄Blockchain Art Platform
█▄▀░░█▄▄▄█▄█▄▀[Twitter]  [Telegram] [Reddit] [Medium]
░░░█▄█▄▄▄█░░█▄█▄▄Tradable Assets  Unique Ownership  Proven Authenticity
rickyleatham

Activity: 126

Get your share of the future

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:35:28 AM

i believe and hope for the day bitcoin will be catch up by altcoins, bitcoin is too high now, so i have no choice but choose another altcoins to invest, also bitcoin has many disadvantages now that i think it should be replaced in the future.

Saimabutterfly

Activity: 257

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:42:32 AM

Only big boys like ethereum, ltc, and bcc has potential to go really up on price, rest are just participants.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
COINTRADINGTIPS

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:53:13 AM

ETHEREUM..CAN MATCH UP TO BITCOINS.
iBlitz22

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:57:05 AM

what i can think of,Ethereum might match up with bitcoin since its stability is already proven in the crypto market and its price also increase day in and day out so maybe this coming year we will see a better ethereum than this past few years.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: