Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:13:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Can Altcoins match up to Bitcoins?
Asiamah Serbeh-Koranteng - 2 (33.3%)
Nana Kwadwo - 4 (66.7%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Altcoins match up to Bitcoins  (Read 1577 times)
earl07

Activity: 168
Merit: 22

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:01:40 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 09:29:10 AM by earl07

Other Alternative cryptocurrencies are being launched day in day out. Would these Altcoins be widely accepted as Bitcoins?

I dont think alternative coins can match up to bitcoin,it like compairing a mother to a child.Alts are made because of bitcoin,due to its value,popularity and the trust given by investors,companies and etc
the alts are born,trying to catch up bitcoin that until now none of them succeed,although Etherium coin got the eye of others but its not compairable than bitcoin specially it price.Alt coins are alt coins it can never be bitcoin.

_$ Cheesy BAKIT SAYO GILIW Cheesy$_  
MarcJ

Activity: 166
Merit: 18

SUBAJ 🔥 Digital Loyalty Card 🔥

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:14:04 AM

maybe that can happen because altcoint very much used and altcoint can be equivalent to bitcoin with its progress

Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:17:35 AM

At first as a newbie I really thought that no coin would ever be able to match up with the presitge and popularity of bitcoin as a currency. But after seeing the unstablility of bitcoin and raging transaction fees and time. I would say it will be very easy for other currencies to outshine bitcoin. I wont say they can beat it in terms of price. But it would surely surpass the market cap created by bitcoin.
Goldberg007

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:17:51 AM

Bitcoin coin is unmatchable to any other coin, it is the most trusted coin in the  cryptocurrency world. The only coin that comes close to bitcoin is ethereum.
aldrian09

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:25:47 AM

No one can reach what bitcoin' s position now even ethereum is trying hard to beat the position of bitcoin. Bitcoin has a large lead as a store of value over every altcoin in having existed 8 years without failure. The security of Bitcoin has been proven far more than its much younger counterparts with usage by almost every metric exceeding that of altcoins.Bitcoin is far more liquid, with much larger volumes than every altcoin. Bitcoin has the largest developer ecosystem with more software and more implementations than any altcoin.
danmoris

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:43:36 PM

I doubt that is possible, due to supply and demand of Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is doing really well as regards this. And its value is quite high right now. It's going to be difficult for any Altcoin to reach that kind of value. But theoretically some Altcoins can.
Londoonik

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:45:10 PM

they could, but with bitcoin futures starting, i don't think they will. unless they enter futures market as well
SearchingforS

Activity: 238

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:46:15 PM

Absolutely yes. Soon bitcoin bubble may explode and you'll see. Likely ETH will be higher.

Mazt rhiezt

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:53:05 PM

altcoins that try to compete with bitcoin are many but only able to reach a quarter of the price of bitcoin.
Why is that? because the rest of the world knows only bitcoin and wants to raise the price continuously regardless of altcoin.

██
▐█▄             ▄█▀
███    ▄██▄    ▄█▀ ██                          ██
███   ▄████   ▄█▀ ▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄
███  ▄█▀███  ▄█▀ ██▌ ▄██▀▄▀██▌ █▀  ▄█▀       ▄██▌ ▄██▀ ▀▄
███ ▄█▀▐███ ██▀ ██▌ ▐███▀ ▄█▀    ▄█▀        ▄██▌ ▄██   ▄▀
▐██▄█▀  █████▀ ▐██  ███  ▐██   ▄█▀          ██▀  ██▌  ▄▀
 ▀██▀   ▀██▀    ▀█  ▀█   ▀█  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀  ██ ▀█    ▀███▀

Every BTCit of Fun
███████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▀████████▀▄
██▄▀██████▀▄██
▐███▌▐████▌▐███▌
██▀▄██████▄▀██
▀▄████████▄▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄█████████████████
        ███████████████████
       ██████████████████▀
      █████▀▀
     ████▀
    ████▀
   ████▀
  ████▀
 ████▀
████▀
████████░████████
▐███████▄░▄███████▌
▐███████▄░▄███████▌
▐███████▄░▄███████▌
███████▄░▄███████
███████████████

▀███████▀
▀▀▀▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
   BET NOW   
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
veraoktav127

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:58:45 PM

i think its can, because few altcoin already accepted same as bitcoin,,
for example dash, eth and ltc already widely accepted
if the altcoin price has passed the bitcoin may be acceptable but until now I think not yet

PHOENEX EXCHANGE                       
                               ● Taking Cryptocurrency Exchange to a New Height ●                               
TELEGRAMREDDITREDDITMEDIUMFACEBOOK   ◣WHITEPAPER   
ritsel02

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:59:36 PM

We cannot tell if altcoins could match up to bitcoin but if that will happen, it would take a long long way to go since bitcoin has already gone far and already established a strong community trust. Maybe if a certain altcoin could also build a strong community trust and overcome enough challenges it could be possible but it would really take years and maybe on that year Bitcoin will become stronger too.Possible but too little probability.
brelok777

Activity: 160

Decentralizing Wealth Building Investment Opportu

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:08:34 PM

I very much doubt that any alcoin can achieve such heights as bitcoins. Bitcoin was the first crypto currency in the world and I think that it will remain the first. Altkoins (some) will be able to beat beatcoin only from a technical point of view. In this regard, bitcoin is not perfect.

St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:16:49 PM

I very much doubt that any alcoin can achieve such heights as bitcoins. Bitcoin was the first crypto currency in the world and I think that it will remain the first. Altkoins (some) will be able to beat beatcoin only from a technical point of view. In this regard, bitcoin is not perfect.

Technically it is possible if some coin have more demand than bitcoin but practically it looks impossible because bitcoin is the safe and secure of all coins and it also the first ever crypto launched so people having trust on bitcoin and it is popular all over the world than other cryptos but some of the altcoins also have good potential it price also will be expensive in future.
Some crypto currency also offers the same qualities of bitcoin but it needs more time to get recognition from people.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
1020kingz

Activity: 350
Merit: 106

Telegram Moderator, Hire me

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:22:17 PM

Yes if these altcoin can reach the demand like bitcoin does have, but unfortunately none of all altcoin can be demanding as bitcoin in the market, but many altcoins are widely accepted and secondary to bitcoin, and it is a good investment also, like etherium and other popular coins in the market.
Edrian

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:44:22 AM

Other Alternative cryptocurrencies are being launched day in day out. Would these Altcoins be widely accepted as Bitcoins?

Yes, it can, especially now that the cryptocurrencies become more papular. Bitcoin is not perfect and other altcoins are trying to develop a new functional way that can effectively use in the market compared to bitcoin. Some developer of altcoin is figuring out what is the limit of bitcoin, and that kind of thinking will going produce a new altcoin that can match up with bitcoin and maybe someday that new altcoin will replace bitcoin.
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:58:45 AM

Match up to accompany investment in bitcoin.
Altcoins has certainly well accepted such as bitcoin, as it includes crypto coins that have their own benefits/profits that can be provide many opportunities for trading/investing profits.
Some altcoins may be drowned, but of course all altcoins.. surely some are would be showing the best side and would be able to compete with bitcoin price movements.
burnum

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:17:35 AM

When it happens (not if) it will come as a complete surprise to everyone when it does (myself included probably), the way I see it is now that blockchain technology is being introduced into the mainstream of finance - BTC and the little association that banded together years ago to promote and protect it (at a price to join) will lose control of the blockchain guidance that it wielded like a new weapon in the world, altcoins and the shotgun approach to answering the worlds financial problems will outrun BTC as long as young developers challenge the status quo and think outside of the box and continue to keep moving in a decentralized fashion that enables users to reach beyond borders that others in power have put in place to promote their own wealth.
My short answer is yes=altcoins will match Bitcoin and pass it, do your research.

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
Gabmot

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:22:00 AM

Not really fast though, but many of them are rising through the ranks already. Alt coins as eth, xrp and some others are being seriously in circulation. Time will tell.
Naij

Activity: 249

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:25:59 AM

Very few Altcoins can have a good price in the market but no-one will be as good as Bitcoin. Moreover, Bitcoin for being the first to go it the first to get so much interesting of the people. Also, the media are now very interested in Bitcoin such as RT

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Anita1873

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 05:36:37 AM

This is not possible now but it can happen in future as ethereum is now gaining value and it can challenge bitcoin. In marketcap, it can beat bitcoin anytime in a big up move but in value, no altcoin can match bitcoin.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: