Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:50:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Can Altcoins match up to Bitcoins?
Asiamah Serbeh-Koranteng - 2 (33.3%)
Nana Kwadwo - 4 (66.7%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Altcoins match up to Bitcoins  (Read 1577 times)
Soots

Activity: 1050
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:13:33 PM

if you are looking on long term perspective i believe in my opinion and as my point of view
there will be some coin that can match up or surpass the Bitcoin in a long futures ahead because
sooner or later on if it comes on mainstream ( i mean many uses it and running on the world ) they will eventually needed to look for good system better than the bitcoin, in terms of processing etc. many altcoin surpass the bitcoin on that , and for me that will be the key factor of somewhere in future some altcoin might able to surpass the Bitcoin on Future one candidate i see is ETH and LTC.

Are you really sure on what you're talking about? Well, anyways if thats your point of view I respect.

Actually, as of this moment it's really impossible to surpass bitcoin and if you ask me when to surpass the value of bitcoin, well I don't think so if it will happen because even the ETH or LTC can't  reach easily bitcoin how much more on altcoins. Regarding on altcoins it doesn't mean that I underestimate altcoins because as of now I have altcoins some of it I hold because it really helps me a lot though I need to be patience and monitoring its value because I believed altcoins still good, not just for my own point of view but for all of us because it is profitable. Nevertheless, bitcoins and altcoins are important for all of us.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:21:38 PM

the answer is purely no. no altcoin can match up with bitcoin not even ETH. bitcoin has been widely used more than any other coin created. it acceptability has make bitcoin more and more successful than any altcoin. daily millions of transaction are made using bitcoin. many people believe the increase success bitcoin is making is as a result of its age (being the oldest coin) and also current media news have bring success to the coin. bitcoin investors are increasing daily.
jbautistangina

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:02:12 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 02:23:49 AM by jbautistangina

Maybe in the future,coin that are being launched today are 3rd generation coins they have more improvement than the BTC,maybe someday but i bet its not ethereum the network issues they had will kill a lot of investments.I doubt theres no altcoin can replace bitcoin today,but there are upcoming alts that has big potentials to compete with bitcoin.

Raffy11

Activity: 102
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 09:50:39 AM

I think there is no altcoins that can ever match up with bitcoin.let's as say for instance the popularity of bitcoin and its value is so high

◥Telegram ◥Twitter     ❖◆❖◆❖    DOMINANT CHAIN   ◆❖◆❖◆    ◥Facebook ◥Reddit
◥Ann Thread         Crypto-empowered eSports Tournament Platform          ◥Whitepaper
Rony24h7

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:58:05 AM

People who is involved in online business are well known about some crypto and alts like bitcoin and ethereum. There are many types of altcoins in this world and ethereum is the most successful of these altcoins but if we think about all coins in this world then we have to put bitcoin at very first place.
Bitcoin is the most successful crypto by the choice of people till now from the beginning because it gives more benefit and facilities than any other alts. Ethereum is also a very good coin but people don’t match it with bitcoin till now but it will give more facilities at future but bitcoin will go ahead at that time too. So it is very difficult to match ethereum with bitcoin and if it occurs that time is far away from now.
FiveReelsTwo

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:46:55 AM

I think it can but I believe it will really take a long and winding process from innovations to investments. Altcoins need to invest more on features and at the same time gain the trust of their user and other user. Bitcoin maybe the greatest of them all but I think given the set of new altcoins with more value than bitcoin later on it can surpass bitcoin. We just dont know what altcoin will it be.

giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:01:41 AM

No way lol if you believe in that then don't be sad when you can't even trade it on a exchange like yobit Roll Eyes.
I'm not saying all alts end up being shit but out of the 50 or whatever amount of alts released every month only 2-3 will have a decent future rest all are created to profit from raising funds through ico or by pre mining.
Check the status of forks itself only bch actually benefited btc.
fredrockcoin

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:20:11 AM

Regardless of the fact that BTC is THE initial coin, I strongly endorse the belief that Altcoins can match up to Bitcoins one day - this is due to the fact that some of them's preeminence has risen to the extent that investing in them can provide traders with higher benefits. Also, I'd say that ICO's are another valuable method for raising funds, however, you need to be cautious when doing this, as there are a lot of scams.
In terms of both altcoins and ICO's, I'm currently in the possession of:
BTC, ETH, LTC, Ripple, Monero, Cointed, and BlockV (I recently sold this one).
feitan11

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:25:12 AM

no one altcoins can match up with bitcoin the value of it is so bigger, maybe ethereum but it will take many years
yunuzov

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:25:57 AM

If we think about their numbers %99 of them can not even get close to touching bitcoin but we have to admit now there are some good alt coins with their market cap getting closer to bitcoin each day. This is a good thing for markets. Diversity is a good thing.

bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:29:28 AM

I think there is no altcoins that can ever match up with bitcoin.let's as say for instance the popularity of bitcoin and its value is so high

It will not be an easy ride for any altcoins to match it up to Btc . But the difference between Btc and next coin would reduce for sure considering the various issues faced by people in Btc . So altcoins May rise for sure in coming time .
Novgabby

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:27:47 PM

I dont think so. Bitcoin's value is much higher than altcoins and bitcoin is more popular from the people
Soots

Activity: 1050
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:16:30 PM

Definitely no altcoin can match up to bitcoin. Since from the start of the crypto currency no altcoin can match up to bitcoin because it has a huge gap from its value even the other know crypto currency can't reach the value of bitcoin. As the time goes by bitcoin become more dominant as its value grows constantly as many investors want to gain profit on bitcoin. I would say in terms of value altcoins has no match on bitcoin but eventually some altcoin has a great potential which will rely on their advocacy and features that can be demand in the society.
thinknow11

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 11:30:26 PM

This is one of the reason why every other cryptocurrency coins/tokens are regarded as an alternative cryptocurrency. However, I think if it will ever happen, it will
be ethereum and apart from ethereum, no other altcoin designed for global acceptability than these two (2) phenomenal.
IamSaitama

Activity: 67
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:50:01 PM

Yes there will be a time for some altcoins to fly as high as bitcoin but for now let us wait for bitcoin to reach its peak and be stable because when that limit is reached that is the time when altcoins would have an opportunity to be tried by investors and users. But as long as bitcoin is patronized by many people and is used as a means of investment, bitcoin's value will not stop going up.

ContractVault.io
Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
■ ▄▀ ██  TOKEN SALE  ❱  MAY 1st  ██ ▀▄ ■
Jedie22

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 01:58:16 PM

This is one of the reason why every other cryptocurrency coins/tokens are regarded as an alternative cryptocurrency. However, I think if it will ever happen, it will
be ethereum and apart from ethereum, no other altcoin designed for global acceptability than these two (2) phenomenal.
I agree, bitcoin is the dominat currency that no one in the crypto currency world will reached the breaking history value of bitcoin. I would say that bitcoin has a high chance  to increase the value as bitcoin network is a peer to peer payment network which can be transferred from all over the world without a third party involvement like any sector of the government or banking sytem. As the system of bitcoin was established altcoin has never been chance to match up over to bitcoin. Though, altcoins still important it is profitable also but not as high value compare to bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: