Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:40:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Message to Satoshi, please dump your 1million bitcoins  (Read 1273 times)
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:57:15 AM

Isn't Dumping 1 million Bitcoins would contribute more to its volatility rather than help us? Because it would hurt us more and ruin the image of Bitcoin. All the developments it have and the acceptance from new people will be gone in just one big dump. You know that 1 Million Bitcoin being sold in the market would create a massive panic selling in which we have never seen before. Be careful on what you wish for because you might not like it in the end as it is really a bad idea.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:08:30 AM

You guys know, that every Satoshi that Satoshi would sell, would have a buyer? Price would rather go up, because people knew Satoshi is alive. Huge promotion for Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 08:16:28 AM

We can loose anything if Mr. Satoshi would do that. You should say prayers that he never do that.. He has 700 million dollars in his pocket, so why he would even do something like this Smiley

Raed here: http://uk.businessinsider.com/satoshi-nakamoto-owns-one-million-bitcoin-700-price-2016-6

The way i see this topic is what we call a catch 22 or a double edged sword. First of all if Mr or Mrs Satoshi are still alive or free " as in not prisoners " them selling all those bitcoins would cause a panic. I think we would see a massive sell off and a price drop up to 50%. The good thing about it is that there would no  longer be that elephant in the room. So we could continue buying without that worry so it might be a good thing in my opinion.

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:20:27 AM

Satoshi, bitcoin is extremely volatile and run by organizations now, not the people. There's constant forks such as Bitcoin Cash and other garbage that shows just how jokey the coin is. The only thing worthwhile is the blockchain itself and I honestly believe this was not meant to function as a method of payment, but as a method of storage(Bitcoin's constant dramatic price changes, good and bad, show this)

My resolution? Dump all your bitcoins on the biggest exchanges and destroy the currency, then start over.
Start over? And do what with it? It'll just be a Bitcoin 2.0 scenario because now everyone is aware of the concepts and the blockchain and it would be no better for a new crypto. They would still do the same things over and over again. There is nothing to go back to; forks can be made by anyone and only people who use the forks assign value to it. It's not like it is Bitcoin's fault for something like that happening. What is Satoshi supposed to do after smashing the primary crypto? Just make another and pretend like everything will be fixed?
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:14:46 AM

this only proves that you don't understand what bitcoin is. you think that if the price of bitcoin drops, bitcoin will die! but what you fail to understand is that bitcoin is not alive to have a price. there currently are many in bitcoin just because of the price and because it has been rise madly this year but there still are a lot more in it because it is a "decentralized currency" and they will remain even if the price fell down to $1 tomorrow. they will just buy more of it in that case.

Satoshi is part of that group, he didn't create bitcoin for it to have a rising value nor in order to become rich. he created a payment system that hopefully nobody can control. so far we have been true to this definition more or less. and that's what keeps bitcoin alive.

Only Bitcoin
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:17:08 AM

Satoshi, bitcoin is extremely volatile and run by organizations now, not the people. There's constant forks such as Bitcoin Cash and other garbage that shows just how jokey the coin is. The only thing worthwhile is the blockchain itself and I honestly believe this was not meant to function as a method of payment, but as a method of storage(Bitcoin's constant dramatic price changes, good and bad, show this)

My resolution? Dump all your bitcoins on the biggest exchanges and destroy the currency, then start over.

Your giving us a proposal with no definite action plan. How do you plan to start over once we dump all our Bitcoin on the biggest exchange sites? I believe that Bitcoin is good as it is right now. In fact, it is already making an impact in the world. Maybe Bitcoin's current price is too much for you and you can't afford to have it so you are encouraging us to dump our coins so that you can buy it on a cheaper price.
trinketmage

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:19:26 AM

Yes, Satoshi! Please become the most hated individual on this planet  Cheesy Roll Eyes
floaks

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 09:24:51 AM

Might not be obvious, but what if Satoshi lost his private keys?

If I were the founder and lost my private keys i'd also stay low profile  Roll Eyes
floaks

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 09:28:45 AM

Yes, Satoshi! Please become the most hated individual on this planet  Cheesy Roll Eyes

Even if he dumps all his Bitcoin - after a huge drop in price - it will rise even higher very fast.
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:34:26 AM

lets say that Satoshi did dump his coins, 1 million is going to be eaten up by the market like there is no tomorrow! then the price recovers again in about a week, or 1 month tops and we are back where we are now. on the rise to the moon without the "fear of 1 million satoshi stash". the price would rise even faster.

now lets assume we killed bitcoin and started from scratch, what is stopping the new coin to go the same way bitcoin went? nothing! the same idiots are going to switch over and the same history will be repeated.

this only shows that you either don't understand what are the things that are going on, or you want bitcoin to drop so you can buy more!

Absolutely right. Dumping will be nonsense. If ever satoshi have a million bitcoin, what will be for him if he dumps it? Maybe it will be a huge dip for everyone to afford then it will just rise again. I think no one will want to miss that bloodbath. But surely satoshi will not dump it for someone who just wanted to get in. Of course everyone's opinion here.
And starting all over again will not make a difference. Another coins will just build up same as bitcoin and another high-priced coin exist.
Itty Bitty

Activity: 138
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:43:31 AM

Even if he dumps all his Bitcoin - after a huge drop in price - it will rise even higher very fast.

Yeah, I would think so too. After all, 1 million coins represents around 6% of the current supply - why can't the market absorb 6% more over a reasonable amount of time? And once that "threat" of a million coin dump is behind BTC, I'd also expect a serious price rise.
Stanlymaker

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:51:03 AM

Hah, not bad. Satoshi will read your message and think: "Indeed, this guy says a good idea, I think I should do as he advises me." Although in fact I would have looked at what would happen in the world, if he really thought so.

╔══════╡XZEN | Hardware wallet of the future╞══════╗
░▒▓█ ╠═Twitter══════════╡ INVEST ╞══════════Medium═╣ █▓▒░
╚═Facebook═╡Pre-ICO ▪ November 13 2017╞═Telegram═╝
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:51:23 AM

Bitcoin is now bigger than Satoshi. People believe in it.
Even if Satoshi dumps his coins now at exchanges, I believe that Bitcoin will survive. Look at the daily trading volumes, it is around $5Bn. So Satoshi's entire stash equals just 2 days of Bitcoin trading volume.

Boseda

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:57:59 AM

If you read Bitcoin white paper carefully you will learn that the main purpose of Satoshi was actually to build a method of payment. A p2p digital cash to be used for online transactions. While it's true Bitcoin could not be used without the blockchain, I would not say it is the only worthwhile invention. Bitcoin has revolutionary features, but we need to be patient to use it a method of payment for daily purchases.

Also, Bitcoin is getting more and more investors. Thus I think even if Satoshi would dump all his Bitcoin selling them on exchanges, this won't lead to the destruction of Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is just becoming to big to fail!
Micerker

Activity: 593
Merit: 100

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 09:59:42 AM

Bitcoin is very volatile LOL, this is unlikely because there are so many people keeping it and do not want to sell it so it is hard to evaporate.

bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:01:28 AM

Let's say satoshi listened to a newbie, and he actually destroyed bitcoin, what do you suggest to start over? What are you gonna change in bitcoin to make it better and not just repeat the whole cycle back to where we are now?

Or you just want to push an altcoin?

Or you are just jealous to those early adopters who have lots of money because of bitcoin that's why you want start over?

eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:04:06 AM

From what i know bitcoin is a decentralized currency and not run by any corporates and you need to pool talented developers to run the project smoothly and that does not mean they are organizing to be a corporate  Tongue .There are many forks from the main  chain and if you are not interested do not use those,we have more shit coins in the crypto currency market and these fork coins are much better than those shit coins.
xBitHodler

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:50:32 AM

That is not a good idea. It took almost 10 years to encourage investors to invest in Bitcoin. Why would we destroy it? Because some people have different vision of Bitcoin? There will be always some problems because it's not possible for everyone to think the same way. Some people prefer smaller blocks, some bigger. Some people don't want SegWit, some say it was necessary for further upgrading.
coinlawyer

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:39:46 PM

That is not a good idea. It took almost 10 years to encourage investors to invest in Bitcoin. Why would we destroy it? Because some people have different vision of Bitcoin? There will be always some problems because it's not possible for everyone to think the same way. Some people prefer smaller blocks, some bigger. Some people don't want SegWit, some say it was necessary for further upgrading.
I even could say more! If one will destroy Bitcoin this will destroy the market of cryptocurrencies because no one will trust his money to the alts if the DAD is DEAD!
At least at this stage when we didn`t have the one crypto that is working as a world spread currency among the majour part of merchants!

▀▄▀  T E M C O ~ Supply Chain Powered by Bitcoin Network, RSK ▀▄▀
  Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP). 
Website   ★   Facebook   ★   Twitter   ★   Telegram   ★   Medium   ★   Reddit
TheGodson

Activity: 383
Merit: 161

https://nitrogensports.eu/r/4896627

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:15:42 PM

Almost no one on here wants this to happen. We have Bitcoin and want it to go to the moon. Bitcoin is awesome and I'm happy a lot of people are realizing it now.

I almost expected you to be a BCH shill. I'm glad you're not.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: