Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:14:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinGames is back!  (Read 4422 times)
CoinGames (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 09:42:15 AM

To be honest, I cant find the transaction Id,  I send a lot of small transaction so Its almost impossible for me to find.  We will just say I lost.  I like the Idea of you game and will play again in a few days. Hope I have better luck.

Thanks for the response

I'll tell you what... I have just sent you BTC0.02 to 1H7E7YqMoWQZsUCumbvyASYJzpnz3dudaB as a gift!

I hope to see you back playing CoinGames soon.  Smiley
i3lome

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 10:02:42 AM

Wow, Thank you. Im about to head to sleep right now, I can confirm I have received it. I'll go ahead and try again tomorrow when I get up. Thank you again.
CoinGames (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 04:09:32 PM

From August 4th house edge will be 2%. In other words odds will be 0.48 to win and payout x2.

We will notify here and in our FAQ of any changes.
ToLy

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 08:30:29 PM

I don't get the game, there are 3 cups and 3 bitcoin chips, what's the difference ? what are the odds ?
i3lome

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 10:31:16 PM

I just pick a cup and hope to win
toddtervy

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 11:23:22 PM

The cups move so fast I can't keep track.  Can i bet on 2 cups?

Get off my c@ck !
Mooshire

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 01:13:55 AM

Does the animation actually have anything to do with the results? Because it lands on the same one every time.

vlees

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 01:35:18 AM

Does the animation actually have anything to do with the results? Because it lands on the same one every time.

It's just a random gif. The result gets calculated somehow per transaction but the person running this still did not explain HOW this is done.

BEEP BEP
Mooshire

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 01:36:20 AM

It's just a random gif. The result gets calculated somehow per transaction but the person running this still did not explain HOW this is done.

Some kind of provably fair thing would be great.

CoinGames (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 11:42:07 AM

Some kind of provably fair thing would be great.

It's just a simple odds/dice game. It is not a game of skill. The animation is irrelevant to the actual result. Each time you bet we generate a random result where you have 0.48 probability of winning and get paid your bet amount x2 when you win. In other words, house edge is 2%.

We are working on the provably fair thing, new games and lots of fun stuff.
CoinGames (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 01:05:53 PM

By the way, CoinGames was recently hacked. Losing just over 4 BTC (thank goodness we were still in Beta!).

We are trying to find out who, and more importantly, how they did it. Any help would be appreciated.

We do know that the Bitcoin address that the coins were sent to is:  

Hacker https://blockchain.info/address/16oP8up3f8ePer1vfBPhypRqkUnsA9ZfYM

As you can see, they seem to have run off with almost 420 BTC, of which 4.18 BTC belonged to CoinGames.

So if anybody else has been a victim, or knows the owner of this address, let us know:
16oP8up3f8ePer1vfBPhypRqkUnsA9ZfYM

But much more importantly, we want to know how. We were using the blockchain wallet and API, which is supposedly quite safe. I understand there have recently been some security issues with Android wallets, due to the Android faulty RNG, however this is the first I hear of problems with the online blockchain wallet.

Any help and/or info will be appreciated.
knowitnothing

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 01:28:04 PM

By the way, CoinGames was recently hacked. Losing just over 4 BTC (thank goodness we were still in Beta!).

We are trying to find out who, and more importantly, how they did it. Any help would be appreciated.

How do you plan to receive any help regarding the part "how they did it" ? So far you didn't manage to explain how the results were made (all you said the player had x% chance to win, but what method did you use ?), so it seems unlikely that you can explain how your entire code works (or how it doesn't work, since you were hacked).

To properly figure out "how they did it", you will mostly likely need to open source your code and hope someone looks at it. If you are not planning to do that, I predict that at best you will get irrelevant comments. So let me start with a comment that might very well be irrelevant: how did you protect the wallet's password ? how did you protect your servers ? do you run any kind of SQL database and can I query it through your site ? ...
BRules

Activity: 293

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 01:50:03 PM

We will need more details if you want a help:

- how your system was working with the blockchain.info api
- was the main wallet also a blockchain.info wallet?
- if so, do your main blcokchain.info wallet had any alias and was the password used by you on the wallet unique?

uoyeparannog

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

Drunk Lunatic

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 12:30:31 AM

@CoinGames sent You PM.

Chaos Prediction Center
1ChaosQ9uFudq5Xy8i9tiiECiDhKbtjiJd
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:45:10 AM

As you can see, they seem to have run off with almost 420 BTC, of which 4.18 BTC belonged to CoinGames.

So if anybody else has been a victim, or knows the owner of this address, let us know:

But much more importantly, we want to know how. We were using the blockchain wallet and API, which is supposedly quite safe. I understand there have recently been some security issues with Android wallets, due to the Android faulty RNG, however this is the first I hear of problems with the online blockchain wallet.

There was faulty RNG on desktop browsers too, I think.
CoinGames (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 03:47:33 PM

There was faulty RNG on desktop browsers too, I think.

Interesting. I missed that. Link please?
CoinGames (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 03:51:20 PM

Let me give a bit more info, since it seems that people here are willing to help.

Our gaming engine was not hacked. The hackers simply sent themselves the full balance of our 3 betting addresses which had just over 1 BTC each.

My guess is that they acquired the private keys for those addresses. Either by some flaw in the server's supposedly secure communications with blockchain.info or by exploiting some flaw with blockchain.info's online wallet's RNG.

The hacked addresses had been used many times over a 2 month period and were vanity addresses. So they would have been vulnerable to a flaw similar to the one in the blockchain mobile wallet.

Bet at these addresses:
1CupN8S71dVcWRE2LcFc4CwymUbSAefBpA ---1CUPh77AYNHfBibqLuRJvLSyuYPDRrsPV ---1cupbpTMyLZFPmoG2BW32hZk1d26wvGGh

From the activity I see at the receiving address, we were clearly not the only victims. Many more BTC were taken from others. I'm surprised nobody else has come up with a similar story.

The hacker owner of 16oP8up3f8ePer1vfBPhypRqkUnsA9ZfYM has taken over 400BTC... so somebody else must have seen this..
BRules

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 05:48:08 PM

if he got your private keys, why he would send the change back to your address? why he didn't take all the coins?

In my opinion there is a flaw in your gaming system that he exploited.

CoinGames (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 07:25:42 AM

if he got your private keys, why he would send the change back to your address? why he didn't take all the coins?

In my opinion there is a flaw in your gaming system that he exploited.

I don't understand what you mean. You can clearly see here

https://blockchain.info/address/1CupN8S71dVcWRE2LcFc4CwymUbSAefBpA
https://blockchain.info/address/1CUPh77AYNHfBibqLuRJvLSyuYPDRrsPV
https://blockchain.info/address/1cupbpTMyLZFPmoG2BW32hZk1d26wvGGh

That on 2013-08-25 our 3 addresses were emptied. He did take all the coins.
BRules

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 12:42:44 PM

You're talking about this transaction:
https://blockchain.info/tx/ed0638d8b13ac8c1c032c2e228a1fa03a394b5eae98dea056909e8783943ca41
right?

As you can see he sent 4 bitcoins to his address but the change (0.0357598) was sent back your address, if he had you private keys, why he would do that?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: