Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:56:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wheres the RentalStarter buzz?  (Read 1353 times)
GreenBits (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:19:24 PM

Been researching RentalStarter, thinking about participating in the IPO. Everything seems legit so far, my question is, why isn't anyone really talking/speculating on this? Market clearly indicates interest. Did I miss the playing the cards close memo again?  Grin
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bobboooiie

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:26:16 PM

Every one is bussy with AMC drama  Grin

I love his idea , my only worry is if bitcoin would skyrocket in the future you would lose a lot of potentional value holding those bitcoins or having it invested in BTC related security. Although the bright side is if BTC falls you didnt lose the initial value of your investment.
Benny1985

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:48:37 PM

I think the issue is that it's not a Bitcoin-related business at its core. No fancy ASICs. No promises of untold numbers of hashes coming in Q4 2018.

Full disclosure: I'm his brother. Rentalstarter was (actually) my idea, but he was able to adapt it thanks to the Bitcoin Security markets. If I had some cash, I'd invest in it because you can easily pull numbers on our market to see what kind of deals are out there in real estate where we live. I own 2 properties in the target market he's working in... No one can buy a house, so everyone rents. Its created this odd, perfect storm of high rents and low costs. Even at the height of the property market, I paid $40,000 for a 3br 1ba house that has a ~$350 mortgage... It rents out for almost $800/mo. The issue (has always been) that no one has fiat to pay for houses outright.. Bitcoins circumvent that, which is fantastic.

IMO, if for no other reason, cryptos will change the world because you can actually do business without fear of insane or obscure regulations on new ventures. I doubt he's going to return 100%+ a year like some companies are promising, but this kind of venture is something you should get 20-40% annually for the rest of your life. All made possible by coins.
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 02:55:45 PM

if he converts most of the revenue into BTC, then rallying BTC price shouldn't hurt too much.

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
Branny

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:42:03 PM

I wonder why too, but i'm not complaining. We're over our initial goal of $40k and are at around $60k or so now. The drop in BTC/USD value has hurt us a little, but thankfully the .011 share price (As compared to .01 as initially proposed) has helped us out a good deal.

Monday morning I'll do a few updates as to official numbers (Should be 100% funded by then) and the roadmap to the properties.
cusdog

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 08:33:13 PM

it has potential, there are just a few key issues:

1) Management fee is bit high. I would have preferred it being based on net income rather than gross revenue

2) Its assets and cashflow are USD denominated. Anybody who strongly bullish on BTC should not be investing.

3) The dissolution policy is a gaping hole for management abuse.

I expect the stock price to drift below IPO levels for the next month or so. They arent going to be generating cashflow for a fair amount of time and this will push weak shareholders out. I'll buy then.
ryantw

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 02:24:22 AM

I like the idea a lot. I bought a nice chunk of it. I support the asset because it is not mining/gambling related. Too much dreck out there right now. Nice to see a fiat company starting with bitcoin investments.

Yes there is risk with dealing in btc-->fiat. However, this is to be expected. The best thing is that this type of asset is not dependent on getting asics in the mail. Using bitcoin to invest in real world assets, in this case real estate, is great for the bitcoin cryptocurrency as a whole.
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 12:53:05 PM

1) Management fee is bit high. I would have preferred it being based on net income rather than gross revenue

2) Its assets and cashflow are USD denominated. Anybody who strongly bullish on BTC should not be investing.

I expect the stock price to drift below IPO levels for the next month or so. They arent going to be generating cashflow for a fair amount of time and this will push weak shareholders out. I'll buy then.

I agree. I just started looking at it, so I missed the IPO, but there will be people who need the money back sooner rather than later, and we will be there to buy there shares from them (at a discount).

If this turns out to be successful, there will be many other people who want to repeat the business structure, I am sure there are many places where buying and then renting out properties can be lucrative.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Branny

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 01:23:30 AM

I agree. I just started looking at it, so I missed the IPO, but there will be people who need the money back sooner rather than later, and we will be there to buy there shares from them (at a discount).

If this turns out to be successful, there will be many other people who want to repeat the business structure, I am sure there are many places where buying and then renting out properties can be lucrative.

Plenty of opportunities, but rentals can some time be a very unforgiving game in regards to liability. If you can mitigate risk, then it's awesome.
forensick

Activity: 376

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 06:57:34 AM

Look then for properties in Europe... hell a lot of cheap stuff everywhere, everything is on sale/rent here... bottom will be seen soon i guess
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: