Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:56:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do airdrops distribute coins effectively?  (Read 184 times)
elutzen (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:21:37 AM

If you look at the announcement forum every fifth post is an airdrop for some ICO. Do airdrops distribute coins more effectively than token sale?

I do not see them being any more effective than a token sale. They just lessen the value of what ever coin they are for.
asayoyaasa
Copper Member

Activity: 648
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 05:26:46 AM

yeah, but you know its free, thats mean less value. when they receive participant form they just send the token but ICO not like that they wait a while when everything ready and finnish, after that they distribute their token

This is my main account. My alt account for bounty report in the future >> asa crypto info
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:18:35 AM

Aidrop coins will be less value because there are too many airdrop, recently some exchangers also reject airdrop coin because there will be low volume of trading. Airdrop coin few years ago may be affective to make the coin popular but now, There are too many ICOs and airdrop coming everyday. The more airdrop the less value of the coin.
Sarastiche

Activity: 532

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:27:17 AM

yes they do in time past,but of recent we have different coins coins coming up,both scam and hackers airdrop coming up.
Bren Briones

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 08:40:30 AM

I am thinking that maybe most airdrops do servr a purpose for any ICOs that does it, if not, then why should waste the time, effort and tesorces for doing it? It is not disagreeable that often, the tokens rhat you will get in an airdrop is only a little nut sometime you may get a token with value already. More than a dollar is worth it because it is free money. By doing airdrops, ICO companies are making a part of their token circulate the blockchain market. It is just like selling a food product and having a free taste first. When the consumer know its taste then adterwards sales will come along.

PMmesexycoins

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

Stake's discord https://discord.gg/cZhK9vp

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:44:40 AM

Unless you can trade them for something of worth no matter what, their inherent value is always still zero.

Airdrops should distribute the coins to a wider audience, whereas ICOs help developers secure funding for their project.
jlanzago

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 08:46:53 AM

I don't really think airdrops are a smart move. Many of them are just shitcoins anyway, I receive some of them without any explanation in my ethereum account and most are worthless.
DigitalLemming

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:54:28 AM

Yeah but then they build a fan base early on. Also they seem more honest because they are not going for a cash grab ICO. Just don't expect much from 90% of the projects.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:52:01 AM

in my opinion mining is the only good way of distributing coins. something like the model that bitcoin is using is a proper way of doing it without creating inflation, killing the coin because of bigger supply than demand, and lots of other factors.

airdrops are not bad by nature either. i prefer the mining that i said here, but i can see airdrops can also be a nice way of distributing but to this day i have not seen a 100% fair distribution because there will always be the question of "how to distribute"? they use bitcointalk rank, bitcoin balance,... and things like that but while it may seem fair but it doesn't really feel fair. someone who owns 1000BTC will gain a lot more than someone who has 1BTC. in other words rich gets richer.
and ICOs are just getting some large amount of money all of a sudden!
with mining you have to work for it.

Buying the dip...
elutzen (OP)

Activity: 88

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:42:18 PM

in my opinion mining is the only good way of distributing coins. something like the model that bitcoin is using is a proper way of doing it without creating inflation, killing the coin because of bigger supply than demand, and lots of other factors.

airdrops are not bad by nature either. i prefer the mining that i said here, but i can see airdrops can also be a nice way of distributing but to this day i have not seen a 100% fair distribution because there will always be the question of "how to distribute"? they use bitcointalk rank, bitcoin balance,... and things like that but while it may seem fair but it doesn't really feel fair. someone who owns 1000BTC will gain a lot more than someone who has 1BTC. in other words rich gets richer.
and ICOs are just getting some large amount of money all of a sudden!
with mining you have to work for it.

I do like mining as well. Especially with asic resistant coins, it is a more fair way to distribute the currency.
SONG GEET

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:07:03 PM

Airdropped coin without any real use cases are not even worth to collect.

Airdropped coins doesn't have any value or noway to determine its price, only few of such coins have got good growth till now. Almost 90% of airdropped coins are abondoned by their devs as without any money in pocket they can't develop anything.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
StrikerEureka

Activity: 68

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:09:37 PM

I participate in the Deeponion airdrop and I am very satisfied how they distribute the coins even though it took me a while until I was eligible. Everybody has a chance and those who contribute the project are rewarded the most and it is real fun to be part of the community. The dev team is real passionate about building a strong core of supporters so if you try to cheat you get kicked out and banned. That is a way better and effective form of distribution than just to consider your wealth like in other airdrops such as Byteball for example in my opinion.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
charith1984

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:13:41 PM

yes they do in time past,but of recent we have different coins coins coming up Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Kolokoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 50

OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 05:14:23 PM

Not at all because coin distribution through airdrop will eventually impossible to reach the hard cap of an ICO. Coins distribution isn't always through airdrops but through bounty campaigns and most importantly is through crowd sale. Real investors will make new currency into a real business that's why only small portion of the whole token supply is only for airdrops and nothing more.

abvhiael

Activity: 722
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:16:08 PM

As a personal experience i think that most do not distribute effectively i personally have participated in hundreds of airdrops. And only has fulfilled the promised  coins or tokensomething.
reypinioco

Activity: 182
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:16:50 PM

Free airdrops is just like ICOs in the sense of its just a waste of your time.A lot of airdrops failed and also ICOs we better stick to trading thats the real thing.

Read Our WHITEPAPER              (((     BIDIUM     )))           Pre-ICO Active | Join NOW!
Revolutionizing Auction & Freelance Hiring with a Crypto Exchange Powered by Blockchain
███████████ |     FACEBOOK     |       TWITTER       |     TELEGRAM     | ███████████
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: