Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:58:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Taking a loan to invest in cryptocurrencies?  (Read 1646 times)
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:27:36 PM

I am considering taking a loan to buy btc and eth, is it a good idea? Because btc and eth always go up in long term. They never die. There seems to be a great chance of getting huge profit instead of losing money. A few years ago somebody in this forum asked others the same question and everyone told him not to do that, look at the price now. If that guy did, he would have been rich now. Nowadays the situation is not different, the price will continue to go up. I think people who invest more will earn more profit eventually. What do you think?

You have your points here, but it is risky to take up a loan to invest. You should invest with your spare money to avoid unnecessary stress and trouble if the investment don’t work out well.
nixx

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:27:52 PM

Sure, take a loan.  But... consider this - Your investment could very likely can go down 80%, or 100%.  Envision yourself in one year from now with no crypto and still paying your loan.  If you are cool with that risk, then go for it.  

Crypto is about the most volatile thing you can invest in.  Maybe stock derivatives (options) are about as risky.  
Beicin

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:36:05 PM

I would only advise you to take a loan IF you already have the means to fully pay it in case your crypto investment goes wrong. Like, if you have $10k already and you wanna loan ~8-9k, then its fine because if things go south your initial 10k can cover your losses.

If you don't have the capital to back it up in case it fails, then i see it as extremely risky and wouldn't recommend it.

Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:41:45 PM

I am considering taking a loan to buy btc and eth, is it a good idea? Because btc and eth always go up in long term. They never die. There seems to be a great chance of getting huge profit instead of losing money. A few years ago somebody in this forum asked others the same question and everyone told him not to do that, look at the price now. If that guy did, he would have been rich now. Nowadays the situation is not different, the price will continue to go up. I think people who invest more will earn more profit eventually. What do you think?
I strongly discourage it because of the very high risk unless you can see the future btc or cryptocurrency price.
mudasarali43

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:52:48 PM

Invest on cryptocurrencies by taking loan is not a bad idea but for this don,t do for other expectations because this is risk and after do this risk you have a great and confidential grip of your business for example if you wants to invest on cryptocurrencies by taking some loan at first you mus have the good idea about these coins which you want to invest you must have analytical knowledge and market knowledge and altcoins movement and bitcoin movement etc.
summonerrk

Activity: 1372
Merit: 713

Arts & Crypto

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 06:26:43 PM

In the past, I took a loan for $ 1000 and I managed to multiply it several times. I sincerely advise you to buy at the bottom.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:28:47 PM

This is a bad idea.  Nothing is  guaranteed, not even the rice of Bitcoin.  If you are dead set on taking a loan out I would only take out a small loan, something you can easily pay back, and go from there. 
iLatios

Activity: 327
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:30:42 PM

To my mind, to invest in Bitcoin and ETH is a great idea, even if you need to take a loan. Honestly speaking, for the last half of the year has grown 5 times. So it's easy to count what would be better profit or percentage of the loan to pay back.

█        ★★★★★ TrustedCars Flex ★★★★★      
     │ ★★★★★ Changing Car Ownership Forever ★★★★★ │     
█  Website Token Sale up to 25% Bonus ANN Thread Telegram │ 
catia

Activity: 288
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:32:25 PM

To be fair, whats the downside of the OP taking out a loan and not being able to pay it off  - bankrupcty?

Its not the end of the world. Thousands of people go bankrupt every month. It ruins your ability to get credit etc for a few years, but its hardly the end of the world.

PenStand

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:35:56 PM

I dont think this is a good idea. The market of crptoworld is super unstable, you can gain a lot of money in a few days and you can also lost half of them in one day. So the correct way is using your free money to play. Because this will not change your life too much if you meet a big dump.

jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:58:26 PM

To be fair, whats the downside of the OP taking out a loan and not being able to pay it off  - bankrupcty?

Its not the end of the world. Thousands of people go bankrupt every month. It ruins your ability to get credit etc for a few years, but its hardly the end of the world.

Depending on the loan you take you won't even go bankrupt. And younger folks have all the time in the world to pay off loans even if things go south. It all depends on the individual situation and strategy, but loans can be great tools.
nitrousteam

Activity: 154
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:21:50 PM

In the world of the cryptocurrencies, anything can happen. Nothing is 100 percent sure and everything is changeable. Investing into cryptocurrencies is the good choice cause they are the next wave of the future money but as I said nothing is guaranteed. Investing with your own money is good if you have the plan and good management of your money. Bitcoin and Ethereum are on the rise right now and investing right now would be a good move but taking a loan for that investment would be by my opinion a wrong choice. If something goes wrong and cryptos start to fall in its price or something new is created that would ruin cryptos what will you do then? The loan must be paid back and with the bigger value then you got it when you were loaning. Investing with your own money is the good thing to do right now but loaning the money I the bad choice.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:59:59 PM

For whatever reason you say I strongly advise you not to do so. maybe this time you are just thinking about the benefits you imagine the previous experience of someone who once asked you about the same thing as you. but again I still recommend to you you should not do that because the loan you will do to buy some crypto to make an investment this will only add to your problems only. even if you get a profit I think this is just the beginning of the loss that you will get later. because the way you do is to borrow just for an investment in crypto it is like an opiate that will force you to continue to borrow and of course this is a bad habit.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
illnino

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:12:17 PM

Crypto currency is a good way to make a lot of money, but in no case can you buy coins for credit money. It should be remembered that their price is too unstable and it can bring loss of money in case of a price reduction.
2PacCrypsty

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:17:53 PM

As long as you can stomach the inevitable drops and bubble bursts that will occur Tongue Goodluck!
Robin789

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:19:23 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2017, 08:42:08 PM by Robin789

I think its not a good idea, Don't take loan,  I would not recommend risking money which you do not actually have.
If you have Extra money then you can invest in cryptocurrencies.
bestICOever

Activity: 63

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:35:44 AM

https://i.imgur.com/iLQ5qrb.jpg

eash.io
honeyduckgoose

Activity: 162

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:38:22 AM

I think it's a lot better to just save a little and invest week by way, rather than gambling all your future finances on it. It is very risky.
okinawa

Activity: 574
Merit: 259

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:41:06 AM

I dont think it's a good idea if you dont have money then it's better to do airdrp or bounty, it's a lot safer and you will feel more confortable trading with it because you are not going to care if u lose it

cryptodrei

Activity: 207
Merit: 10

The future is your Genome

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:45:28 AM

Thats the last time i will do,taking a loan for crypto has a lot more risky than loaning money for a business,crypto market is very volatile you can lose your money faster than trading in stocks or forex.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: