Bitcoin Forum
September 22, 2024, 11:33:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduction (reintroduction) and help needed unfreezing old account for Led  (Read 140 times)
vorpalspear (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:50:41 AM

A little help please, my original account is frozen*.
My original account name: Led
If some admin could please unfreeze me, I'd be grateful.
My email is still the same.

more info: When I try to reset my password, it says "This account has not been approved."

Now for my RE-introduction:
Hi, I'm getting back into the action.  I believe with the very fiber of my being in the principles upon which cryptocurrency was founded. Life, liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness being not least among them.  It has been 2014 since I payed attention or mined.  I used to mine various Scrypt coins for about a year, until the Scrypt ASICS took all the fun out of it. Also the general decline of the cryptocurrency market killed my interest in my little operation that I was contemplating turning into a bigger operation.  I went to graduate school and ignored crypto for almost 3 years. I'm really regretting that now. Well at least I got an MS. And at least I withdrew everything from Cryptsy before that fucknut ran for the hills.

I was first introduced to Bitcoin in the fall of 2010 when a girl told me about it and tried to get me to buy her $200 worth of Bitcoin at around 20 cents a coin. She was mad the value had dropped, and just wanted the money. I googled it, found out what it was about, liked it, and I wanted to help her, and figured it was a good, exciting technology and a good investment if the price had bottomed out, but I was just a poor English teacher, working for a pittance in China, so I didn't buy. I figured I'd just buy a decent video card later when I had the money and mine my own. If I had bought and held on to those coins, (but of course there is no way I would have held on to them all) then I'd have many million dollars, or possibly more, with plenty of liquid funds to invest in whatever. Then again, maybe I'd just have sold them absolutely all of them at a low price like others I know did.

My future (very soon I hope) plans including starting a mining operation ASAP. Full time. I don't know if I'm getting in too late or not, but I don't want to be regretting missing out again in the future.

I'm interested in currencies that actually have merit. This means no clones that don't add value or new technology, no stupid gimmicks or unjustified or excessive premines. I'm looking mostly at ethash, equihash, and cryptonote coins, or anything new that is verifiably ASIC proof, but my research is just getting started and my knowledge rather outdated but not irrelevant.

Skills: Unix command line, Linux, Hackintosh, MUDOS other Lesser Operating Systems too when necessary
          Programming: C++ and LPC (LPMuds)
          Computer hardware assembly and troubleshooting
          The Natural Sciences

* I apparently didn't see the email that said I needed to reset my password back in 2015.
CoinCaps.net
Copper Member

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

CoinCaps.net

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 10:04:43 AM

Welcome back.  This thread may be of use to you in recovering your old account.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0

vorpalspear (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:40:38 AM

Welcome back.  This thread may be of use to you in recovering your old account.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0
Those requirements are pretty ridiculous. Never once did I post a bitcoin address or send one in a PM.  Well I'll just have to get someone to vouch for me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: