Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 12:00:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking advices on how to set up a mining farm from scratch  (Read 364 times)
HLminer (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:12:25 AM

I'm seeking to start a small mining farm in my storeroom at home. I'm planning to get about 50 machines, but not yet able to buy any as most are out of stock on the official website of bitmain, baikal etc. My questions are:
1. What type of wiring set up is required to start a small mining farm?
2. Do I need to get a professional electrician to do it?
3. The storeroom that I will be using is about 60sqft. Would it be too small to fit my machines?
4. I'm from Malaysia, a hot and humid country all year round (about 30 Celsius on average.) I wonder if the machines can work well if I do not use any air conditioning in the storeroom that I will be using to put my machines?
5. What are other things that I need to take note of in setting up my mini farm?

Any reply is much appreciated. I'm rather new in all these crypto and mining thing. Just got my first bitcoin like 3 weeks ago.
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:59:54 AM

I'm seeking to start a small mining farm in my storeroom at home. I'm planning to get about 50 machines, but not yet able to buy any as most are out of stock on the official website of bitmain, baikal etc. My questions are:
3. The storeroom that I will be using is about 60sqft. Would it be too small to fit my machines?
4. I'm from Malaysia, a hot and humid country all year round (about 30 Celsius on average.) I wonder if the machines can work well if I do not use any air conditioning in the storeroom that I will be using to put my machines?
5. What are other things that I need to take note of in setting up my mini farm?

Any reply is much appreciated. I'm rather new in all these crypto and mining thing. Just got my first bitcoin like 3 weeks ago.

1. you will need to set up some circuit breakers from mains (don't do this yourself unless you are qualified electrician) you can set up 3 overclocked units on a 30a breaker (or 4 standard units but its close to limit)
2. yes for the mains conversion, a little knowledge can help you set up the rest
3. its all about airflow, Think about it like a pc case, have large fans that push air in, and fans that push the hot air out, IN ONE DIRECTION, make sure you have dust filters on incoming air as its surprising how fast they get dirty and start to break
4. tricky, with that many units in a confined space you will need some temp control, you might have to budget for some aircon.
5. understand that btc is a volatile market, if you need to cash out quickly to pay bills its hard to justify the whole project, its best to sell when high and just run the units saving btc when its low DO THE MATH for the whole idea, some forward thinking will save a lot of time.

personally, given your situation I would just buy btc now and sit on it, the best miners are selling at a premium now due to bitmain delays and waiting lists, you could be paying far to much for the miners and never see a return.

I wish you luck in your project tho, I would love to see some updates on the forum if you go ahead :-)
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:24:03 PM

You can start initially as a GPU mining set up with the 13 cards that will be good enough make money. You can go to have the GTX 1070ti cards means that can give you 32 MH per card. You can calculate the 13 cards with the 32 mh in the sense you will be able to make money.
Dual core processor is more enough to start with it.
You can make your own wooden rig which can be fit to your room size. 1000 watts PSU is enough to have the all the cards in the same rig.
Since the noise issue will not be more in GPU rig you can have that in your room itself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: