Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:03:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New threads dropping in Bitcoin discussion  (Read 233 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 12:14:02 PM

It takes 20 minutes for a new thread to drop off the front page in Bitcoin discussions. The same tired old multihundred or multi-thousand threads that are no longer of interest to anybody but the sig spammers, just keep getting bumped to push out the new discussion threads. A check for new replies won't help either.

Would it be possible to have an option to ignore all threads with more than 100 replies (say)?

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:19:58 PM

Perhaps see if Mods will lock the thread once the question or concern was adequately addressed? I think many crap threads are opened just to farm accounts, that and sheer laziness.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:50:28 PM

It takes 20 minutes for a new thread to drop off the front page in Bitcoin discussions.
Agreed. I think the time should be discussed very well base on the number of topics made (every second, minute, hour) which I don't really have an idea since I don't usually post there.
Perhaps see if Mods will lock the thread once the question or concern was adequately addressed? I think many crap threads are opened just to farm accounts, that and sheer laziness.
I support this idea. This is exactly the right thing to do so that new interesting topics will get the required attention to have a good discussion. It may come to a point where the OP would bump it for visibilty which is quiet off and usually done only in Martketplace.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 04:24:00 PM

The thread I started on Biternity is now on page 4. I think I'll stop visiting the discussion forum. I'm not interested in whether Bitcoin will destro banks - the banks are doing a good enough job at that. Smiley There are many other duplicate threads about not very important issues, or rubbish comments. I might start one that says Bitcoin improved my manhood because I didn't prune my node. Smiley

side-note - I am interested in the concept of biternity chains, and I suspect somebody will introduce one instead of a boring old fork.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: