Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:31:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to set up solo mining from the beginning with cgminer- please help me  (Read 15571 times)
Kujmandosz (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 08:02:25 PM

Can someone explain me how to set up cgminer for solo mining a coin?
I am lost from the beginning with all these source codes and conf files.
Please walk me through step by step from the beginning.

tom_o

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:35:31 AM

Do you realise that unless you have a massive hashrate (not particularly likely for someone who can't even read a readme file) then you're just wasting your time. There's a reason there ain't many guides - it's pointless for most people.

Also, UTFSE; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83371.0

Yes it's for litecoins, just don't bother with the --scrypt bit and it's still completely relevant.
Trillium

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 11:05:53 PM

Do you realise that unless you have a massive hashrate (not particularly likely for someone who can't even read a readme file) then you're just wasting your time. There's a reason there ain't many guides - it's pointless for most people.

Also, UTFSE; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83371.0

Yes it's for litecoins, just don't bother with the --scrypt bit and it's still completely relevant.

There are some altcoins that are still profitable mining solo. More so than mining BTC. It depends a bit on your experience and hardware knowledge too, to get the most out of your system. I don't think many people will write this guy a how-to guide given there are so many resources like the one you linked, and people mining altcoins dont really want a influx of new miners with GPU wrecking 'their' altcoin's difficulty.

BTC:1AaaAAAAaAAE2L1PXM1x9VDNqvcrfa9He6
Trillium

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:08:41 PM

It depends? There are people here with ASIC farms that have hundreds or maybe even thousands of gigahash/s (0.1 - 1.0 or more terahash/s) so I suppose they make look most of us look small. But then you could argue that mining is about improving the network security and the more distributed devices under control of different people the better.

User gigavps has the following pages showing stats of his farm(s):

He has at least a few hundred gigahash/s by the looks of it.

BTC:1AaaAAAAaAAE2L1PXM1x9VDNqvcrfa9He6
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: