Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:32:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost 2fa access on polo, any chance to get it back?  (Read 180 times)
supernooby (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:24:40 PM

Hey guys

something horrible happened to me because of my stupidness.

So i use polo with 2fa google authentificator. And yes, what should not happen happened. Phone was messed up, factory reset, new android, 2fa gone, no backup code.
Yes i know, absolutely stupid from me. Didnt thought this would happend. So my only way to get my account back in a ticket to polo. I already did that. I have about 8k bucks in my account. I wanted to hear if anyone has any experiences and how big my chances  are to get my account back.

So polo automatically asks some questions that identify the user like last ip adress, some withdrawal transaction ids etc. I pretty much can answer those all. I know my last login IP, i know a few of my latest withdrawal transaction ids, i also know more or less the amount of money i had stored in my account at my last login. Also a few months ago i exported my polo transaction history for analysies. I did send them that excel file too. So all of that is pretty good. Only thing that really really scares me is this. I think an important way to identify yourself is to send a passport copy. here is my problem. I didnt upgrade my status on polo. So i had no need to state my real name in my profile. I did not had anything bad in my mind, i just wanted to have the most privacy as possible, and since i didnt wanted a higher status lever i just stated a wrong name. This i told polo also. So the name in my profile is fake, but at least i probably know what fake name i used. Jeah its stupid. But again, i just didnt thought about anything bad happening.

So overall i have plenty of ways to proof that im the holder of this account, just the very important "name" thing, i can not do anything about Sad

What do you guys say?
burnin

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

ALTCOM Ab9upXvD7ChnJxDRZgMmwNNEf1ftCGWrsE

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:57:21 PM

Try to contact the support. Maybe they are nice to you. But you should save the QR-Code in Keepass or on another safe place next time.
supernooby (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:00:09 PM

oh man i  absolutely will.

yeah the only stupid thing is the name thing, that i used a wrong name. All the other identify questions i can answer easily, and even provide some more proof they dont automatically ask for.
amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:55:55 PM

Hey guys

So i use polo with 2fa google authentificator. And yes, what should not happen happened. Phone was messed up, factory reset, new android, 2fa gone, no backup code.
Yes i know, absolutely stupid from me. Didnt thought this would happend. So my only way to get my account back in a ticket to polo. I already did that. I have about 8k bucks in my account. I wanted to hear if anyone has any experiences and how big my chances  are to get my account back.

So polo automatically asks some questions that identify the user like last ip adress, some withdrawal transaction ids etc. I pretty much can answer those all. I know my last login IP, i know a few of my latest withdrawal transaction ids, i also know more or less the amount of money i had stored in my account at my last login. Also a few months ago i exported my polo transaction history for analysies. I did send them that excel file too. So all of that is pretty good. Only thing that really really scares me is this. I think an important way to identify yourself is to send a passport copy. here is my problem. I didnt upgrade my status on polo. So i had no need to state my real name in my profile. I did not had anything bad in my mind, i just wanted to have the most privacy as possible, and since i didnt wanted a higher status lever i just stated a wrong name. This i told polo also. So the name in my profile is fake, but at least i probably know what fake name i used. Jeah its stupid. But again, i just didnt thought about anything bad happening.

So overall i have plenty of ways to proof that im the holder of this account, just the very important "name" thing, i can not do anything about Sad

What do you guys say?
had the same problem. SUPPORT took a while to answer but i was able to solve it buy giving them transaction adresses, amounts and dates. Plus i did full verification of the account.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
johanesrobin

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:51:13 PM

Very sorry, I always do backups in other devices so that if one is lost I still have a backup.
at least this is a warning to be careful.
supernooby (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:38:03 AM

Hey guys

What do you guys say?
had the same problem. SUPPORT took a while to answer but i was able to solve it buy giving them transaction adresses, amounts and dates. Plus i did full verification of the account.

yeah i have no problem if it takes a while, just want the account back.

I can also give them adresses, amounts and dates. Only thing is verification i cant really do. I mean of course i could verify myself NOW with my passport and everything. But these would not match the data on my account since i didnt ue my real name on the account. So i hope that this is not an essential thing for them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: