Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:31:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin transaction fees..  (Read 961 times)
McKane

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

IF PROBLEM WITH MY TRUST THEN BRING AN ESCROW.

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:26:27 PM

I will tell you only two main things which will be the best answer of this topic.
Suppose if your price is increasing by bitcoin? Right then the price of transaction is increasing too.
If you are earning a lot from bitcoin. Then the transaction value is nothing toward your profit.
Suppose you earned 800$ and the transaction fee is 2$.
Whichone value is great? Is it 2$? 100% no.
So we should ignore transaction fees because it's there policy to circulate bitcoin and earn from that.

IBMINER DONE A GOOD JOB. I learned a lesson from him. He gave me negative trust just because i was dealing with account seller. To buy an account.
EvaGC

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:50:11 PM

Yes, that's the one issue that bothers me about BTC. I admire other cryptos trying to reduce fees and I think it should be like that: Available and cheap.
orkoso (OP)

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:52:09 PM

If you explain me how exactly the bitcoin transfer price is determined, I can better assess if there will be any interest in future to change it. In general, as it did not happen until today it likely will also not happen in future. But now comes your turn, if you are not happy with the service of someone you simply look for other options. And the people have the option to use other altcoins with lower fees. Bitcoin goes here exactly the route like business companies go! First everything is cheaper than the competitors and when they have a substantial customer number, then they start to increase the price for their service.

I think is more of a political issue. If bitcoin were really decentralised, as oposed to having around 20 large mining hubs that have the ultimate decission, users would have more of a say. I think that will eventually be bad.
rog1121

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:21:53 AM

Bitcoin Transaction fees are required. They should pay attention to small things
Bitcoin transaction fee is very cheap then other to transaction money around the world. Due to this quality of bitcoin people are making transition in bitcoin instead of the other currencies. And people are also taking interest in the bitcoin for the invest and trade due to low transfer rate.
perospero7

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:24:28 AM

transaction with bitcoin hurts me..  Sad

JacLuck

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Bitcoin|||Altscoin

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:37:56 AM

Sad truth for us bitcoiner to experience it everytime we transact peer to peer, its really hard to send 100 USD to someone and then pay a 15 USD just to send it,
The Good News is Bitcoin Developers are doing all possible things to make our lives as bitcoiner more better
hotpassion

Activity: 155
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:59:07 AM

Bitcoin transaction fee is so high recently and we all don't want to use bitcoin for buying/selling small items with low prices. The fee is from 14$ to $25 for each transaction now. If you buy something at 20$ price and you have to pay 15$ fee, that's really unacceptable. I have to use ETH in most transactions recently due to its low fee.
orkoso (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:57:41 PM

Hi, Do you think is tehre any interest to reduce the transaction fees for bitcoin? Many alts are focusing on speed and low fees while bitcoin has made little effort.

Well segwit has already technically reduced the fee in half and there is a plan to implement the lightning network in the future so saying bitcoin hasn't made any progress in terms of solving this issue is totally wrong. You can use 30 to 50 sat/byte and use transaction accelerators to get fast confirmations. Also people need to stop associating bitcoin as a perfect solution. Think of bitcoin as the first computer, it wasn't fast but it was the first step towards the right direction.

Segwit is been taken in bitcoin to increase the block size and due to that number of confirmations will be increased so fees amount you afford for the each transaction will be reduced too.
However, if you use any desktop wallet means you will be able to change the transaction fees and I mean modifiedable and can reduce fees but I am sure that you transactions will be reach in some hours.

I guess you are right about the forks in the sense that they are intended to create a new coin, but also to force a move in the Bitcoin main stream that does not seem to happen by natural evolution. Maybe more centrally managed coins can make faster changes.
orkoso (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:01:52 PM

I will tell you only two main things which will be the best answer of this topic.
Suppose if your price is increasing by bitcoin? Right then the price of transaction is increasing too.
If you are earning a lot from bitcoin. Then the transaction value is nothing toward your profit.
Suppose you earned 800$ and the transaction fee is 2$.
Whichone value is great? Is it 2$? 100% no.
So we should ignore transaction fees because it's there policy to circulate bitcoin and earn from that.

Sorry but I fail to see your math. If I want to move 10 dollars and the fee is 2 dollars I just won't bother to consider it. The price of the transaction rising because the price of the coin is rising is not a valid argument because I want to make use of the coin in small quantities at a reasonable price, not just for hodling it for ever.
mikeey89

Activity: 129

Blockchain enthusiast

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:51:06 AM

Bitcoins biggest problem right now is speed and fees. With lightning network it will solve this problems and I believe it will get its reputation back from the investors. I think it will make Bitcoin superior again!
icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:24:08 AM

I also believe that the lightning network will solve the problem for the near future. But at the moment, even without this, payments are made with minimum interest rates per transaction.
Mempul is unloaded from ddos attack with small payments.
RudeeTam

Activity: 299

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:29:21 AM

Well, we are just waiting for the mass adoption of the lightning network. That will help bitcoin get back on the right track of faster transactions and, hopefully, lower fees. Got to admit, it's what is killing BTC right now. Like ETH is poised to top it if nothing is done about it.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
danielco9

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:35:31 AM

Hi, Do you think is tehre any interest to reduce the transaction fees for bitcoin? Many alts are focusing on speed and low fees while bitcoin has made little effort.
The lightning network will come soon and the speed of the transactions will rise and the fees will be low.
Its just a matter of time.
orkoso (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:09:06 PM

Well segwit has already technically reduced the fee in half and there is a plan to implement the lightning network in the future so saying bitcoin hasn't made any progress in terms of solving this issue is totally wrong. You can use 30 to 50 sat/byte and use transaction accelerators to get fast confirmations. Also people need to stop associating bitcoin as a perfect solution. Think of bitcoin as the first computer, it wasn't fast but it was the first step towards the right direction.

Segwit is been taken in bitcoin to increase the block size and due to that number of confirmations will be increased so fees amount you afford for the each transaction will be reduced too.
However, if you use any desktop wallet means you will be able to change the transaction fees and I mean modifiedable and can reduce fees but I am sure that you transactions will be reach in some hours.

There is surely a way of trading-off speed and fees, not that I am a technical expert in how, but having to wait for a few hours does not seem competitive with Alts. I think Bitcoin is not competing with forks, but with other coins.
celtic99

Activity: 364
Merit: 41

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:12:35 PM

Bitcoin's transactions are fine.  Bitcoin is the crypto use for really expensive purchases.  50 dollars seems like a lot if your buying something small but use it for buying a million dollar house and the transaction fee will be small.  Bitcoin is more of a store of value at this point.
aisyah88

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:28:27 PM

presumably the cost of bitcoin is still reasonable and in accordance with what we can in bitcoin, and we should be able to accept the cost in bitcoin, and if possible to choose me choose should be more minimalist cost in bitcoin .. Cheesy
zais

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:29:48 PM

The changes in question are BTC 0.0002 fees for Bitcoin transit and acceptance transactions, scheduled fees based on trading volumes with significant reductions in the Luno Exchange, and some minor changes for each country.
Maheshkumar_Hrangkhawl

Activity: 600
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:36:35 PM

The lightning network will come soon and the speed of the transactions will rise and the fees will be low.
Its just a matter of time.

I have been hearing this for quite some time now (around three months?). I have lost my confidence in the core team. First, they went back on the NYA and sabotaged the SegWit2X implementation. And then they delayed the implementation of the lightning network. The fee remains extremely high, and as a result Bitcoin is losing its market dominance.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:05:48 PM

presumably the cost of bitcoin is still reasonable and in accordance with what we can in bitcoin, and we should be able to accept the cost in bitcoin, and if possible to choose me choose should be more minimalist cost in bitcoin .. Cheesy
If any of you have made any transactions in the few past days, i think you will notice that the transactions fees has greatly reduced and though i don't know the reason why, I hope it stays the same for a very long time before the developers decide to increase the block size which will solve most of the problems.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Dzung

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:14:31 PM

Yes, that's the one issue that bothers me about BTC. I admire other cryptos trying to reduce fees and I think it should be like that: Available and cheap.  Grin Grin
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: