Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:27:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Improving Altcointrading Game  (Read 140 times)
DudeLion420 (OP)

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

I am A Human.*beep*

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:01:24 PM

Greetings reader,
my name is Leon, im a college student from germany. Cheesy
I am into cryptos about 3 or 4 months now and started trading with altcoins very quick as i wanted to gain more btc. Its not working that good as i lost BTC, but still in profit in USD. I never traded before and only know a little about technical analysis of charts, which i learned in the last months.

My first trade was 100 Cloakcoin, that i bought @0.00205 btc and am holding since that (current price is about 0.0008 btc Undecided). I quickly realized it wasnt a good entry point and i shouldve sold earlier. Now im waiting for Cloakcoin to go Opensource this quartal and hope for some gains.

I also tried some daytrading and achieve some short term profit. Worked out quite ok with a little profit so far as i did good and bad trades and definetly got some experience by that. Currently i ended up with a whole bunch of BTS, and some BURST,VEN,DEEPONION,VIB and NEO.

What ive learned so far:
Technical analysis and fundamental analysis is a must --> gives you a better view and feeling to act according to
TA: know a little about moving averages, fibonacci and stop loss (tho i never really used stop losses)
FA: check twitter, reddit, website, forums of a project, roadmap, team

As im a student i have quite an amount of time. Also im really willing to work and learn in this field to become better. Sadly i havent been able to come up with a proper trading plan. I feel like i still lack a lot of skill and experience, but have no real idea where to start improving my game. Huh
I highly apprecciate any help and inspiration for beginners, that helps becoming a better altcoin trader. If its your own opinion/experience, articles, links or whatever. Please feel fre to leave a suggestion for me and other that may stumble upon this thread. Grin

~peace

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:41:21 PM

Greetings reader,
my name is Leon, im a college student from germany. Cheesy
I am into cryptos about 3 or 4 months now and started trading with altcoins very quick as i wanted to gain more btc. Its not working that good as i lost BTC, but still in profit in USD. I never traded before and only know a little about technical analysis of charts, which i learned in the last months.

My first trade was 100 Cloakcoin, that i bought @0.00205 btc and am holding since that (current price is about 0.0008 btc Undecided). I quickly realized it wasnt a good entry point and i shouldve sold earlier. Now im waiting for Cloakcoin to go Opensource this quartal and hope for some gains.

I also tried some daytrading and achieve some short term profit. Worked out quite ok with a little profit so far as i did good and bad trades and definetly got some experience by that. Currently i ended up with a whole bunch of BTS, and some BURST,VEN,DEEPONION,VIB and NEO.

What ive learned so far:
Technical analysis and fundamental analysis is a must --> gives you a better view and feeling to act according to
TA: know a little about moving averages, fibonacci and stop loss (tho i never really used stop losses)
FA: check twitter, reddit, website, forums of a project, roadmap, team

As im a student i have quite an amount of time. Also im really willing to work and learn in this field to become better. Sadly i havent been able to come up with a proper trading plan. I feel like i still lack a lot of skill and experience, but have no real idea where to start improving my game. Huh
I highly apprecciate any help and inspiration for beginners, that helps becoming a better altcoin trader. If its your own opinion/experience, articles, links or whatever. Please feel fre to leave a suggestion for me and other that may stumble upon this thread. Grin

~peace

I used to trade a lot few months back with altcoins now I do time to time but will let you know what I have learned from experience:
  • Many altcoins are there and they are made just for pure profit, without anything meaningfull really
  • Learn to control your emotians, control your FOMO
  • Be sure to activly be in all sorts of comunties, whater it is this forum, some other forum or even discord groups and telegram groups
  • Try to follow up news websites and try to see and notice when something is pumping
  • Its hard as you never know whats the highest value that it can go before a pump occurs.
  • https://www.investopedia.com/ have some decent things and its pretty well documanted
  • You can find good investments courses on edx.org , https://www.coursera.org and other websites for free
  • Be aware of dump & pump groups
  • Be ready to research a lot on a particular coin
  • Try to find coins with good and happy community

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: