Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 12:31:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin bubble ?  (Read 482 times)
Xcandol (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:02:06 PM

I’m hodling my bitcoin but a mentor  of mine and this is not fud states things are positive but we are in a bubble. His words watch what happens in bitfinix. Any thoughts on what he is implying ?
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:45:58 PM

I’m hodling my bitcoin but a mentor  of mine and this is not fud states things are positive but we are in a bubble. His words watch what happens in bitfinix. Any thoughts on what he is implying ?

He is implying that we will see a Bitcoin Bubble. That means that at the peak you will be super rich.

Bitfinex is fucked because of Tether.
Xcandol (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:11:52 PM

But it also means I should sell at the peak right ? Thanks for the input
Alns

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:30:37 PM

Dont listen to him, does he has some funds invested on bitcoin? if he has, then ask him why dont he dump all of this bitcoins, probably it is because he really want to make more money probably because he is greedy as fuck.

Dont listen to these kind of people, they are always going to be sayign the same about bitcoin, and just take a look at the charts, when bitcoin was below $500, everybody was saying that was a bubble, and once that it touches $500 it was going to explode and go back to $10, this kind of people has always existed.

It is fake mate, even if it is a bubble, it is not even closer to explode right now, it would be a bubble when the marketcap reaches 1 trillion dollars.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3024
Merit: 601

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:35:19 PM

Oh well here we go again about bubbles. As usual and expected when bitcoin is increasing there will be people that will say bitcoin is a bubble, things are positive and we are in a bubble? How many times that they will say that we are in a bubble, don't they get tired of saying it?

But it also means I should sell at the peak right ? Thanks for the input

That's what you need to do and set your price with your expected peak.

Karpeles
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:36:58 PM

The price is not overvalued at all if an exponential growth is considered. It is in fact a little undervalued because should be $10k by the end of this year.
Here is a prediction of the price made in 2014, considering a logarithmic scale

Xcandol (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:31:16 PM

Thank you gentleman....just seems so unfair I can invest some money make loads more all whilst scratching my balls !
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:27:29 PM

The price is not overvalued at all if an exponential growth is considered. It is in fact a little undervalued because should be $10k by the end of this year.
Here is a prediction of the price made in 2014, considering a logarithmic scale

As this price graph indicates bitcoin price is moves steadily but correction has to made and it will be made stable the bitcoin price in one place. Now value is settled around 9.1k USD if this rally goes like we are well fine here to make the money. If bitcoin drops what would be the outcome of it bro. We should ready to face any situation whether it is bump or dump.
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:42:33 PM

I’m hodling my bitcoin but a mentor of mine and this is not fud states things are positive but we are in a bubble. His words watch what happens in bitfinix. Any thoughts on what he is implying ?

Well yes, we are "in a bubble" if the 2013 rally was also a bubble. This isn't the traditional use of the word (it usually indicates a blow off top where price never returns to the highs again).

Bitfinex is a ticking time bomb, I agree. However, I suspect it will play out like MT Gox. In a bull market, the money keeps flowing in and everyone stays euphoric. It's after the top is in that we see who's swimming naked, so to speak.
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:43:48 PM

I think we need to be open to the possibility that Bitcoin is either in a bubble or will eventually be in a bubble. We know that there will be ups and downs so the price has to drop at some point. It may go to $15,000 before a correction occurs, but we need to be prepared for it. Even if that happens, I will probably hold through the drop because it’s so hard to time the peaks and valleys.
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 09:25:53 PM

In what where they thinking about when they started to super inflate Tether? it was supposed to be an altcoin who was going to be the opposite as the inflation, because they were always going to be at $1,00 each.

Bitfinex is fucked because of Tether.

But no, how the hell do you think that it is a bubble? it is not a bubble yet, and it is not going to explode because not even the 3,5% of the population has invested in bitcoin. It means that it is very impossible to see it going down, or even crashing, because there are no "big holders" just small holders like you and me, who have less than 5 bitcoins on our wallet.

I have never thinked about this, because it is just a theory and all those people who are saying that it is going to explode are the ones who does not even have 0.01 on their balances.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
barota

Activity: 1176
Merit: 286

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:41:18 PM

This rising not normal ; I tend to To say bitcoin is a bubble
In 2020, for example, bitcoin can crash to  100 usd

With time, bitcoin may appear On his truth

hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 2148

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:39:31 PM

Bitcoin is different from what we've seem before. If someone would try to compare it with tulips or dotcom bubble, than they would be straight up wrong - Bitcoin has value because it has many uses - storage of value, medium of exchange, international transactions, etc. The market might get overspeculative and overvalue those properties - people may be buying Bitcoin simply because they want to sell it later at higher price, so when the rally will slow down they will start massively selling and it will crash - but this doesn't mean that "the bubble will burst" and Bitcoin will get to zero - the process of price discovery will continue and a new price will be established. Then we might get another rally when people will see that Bitcoin has enough support.
boyptc

Activity: 3052
Merit: 681

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:21:17 AM

They said it was in a bubble since 2013, and it keeps going up...

I look at the total market cap of all crypto and it looks healthier than ever.

They even called it as a dead coin and now it is pumping. People who are calling it a bubble maybe did missed a lot of moments to hold their bitcoin and are happy of selling it earlier. Never expected that bitcoin is going to be this great and healthy.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
hydeevanz

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:53:31 AM

We are not in the state of experiencing a bitcoin bubble for now since it's not overvalued. To the mentors of yours, it's not wrong to follow his/her advice but i would say that you should read more so you will not rely on one information. As a matter of fact, you are holding a bitcoin which means you can do whatever you want.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:04:06 AM

I've felt like Bitfinex was a black cloud over Bitcoin ever since the 2016 hack and subsequent token/security offering. A ticking time bomb. The fact that they were effectively blacklisted by the US banking system 6 months ago should not be ignored.

Consider that in January, the US government indicted BTC-e under seal. One of two charges was operating as a money service business without a license --- something Bitfinex is guilty of for several years. Two months later, Wells Fargo blacklists them from the banking system. Why? I don't know, but with all the shadiness around Tether's inflation, the oddly quick repayment of the BFX debt tokens, the banking blacklist, and the fact that the US government seems to be "cleaning house"..... I would be very careful trusting funds to Bitfinex.

dvabit

Activity: 294
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:51:52 AM

Better to read this article. 
http://www.hashtaginvesting.com/blog/is-cryptocurrency-a-bubble

It says - There is a good chance that only coins with solid fundamentals will survive the current bloodbath.

So, its all about the How strong blockchain is using by a Crypto and personally, i think BITCOIN AND ETH will survive this bloodbath.
bucciarati

Activity: 700
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 12:40:39 PM

Better to read this article. 
http://www.hashtaginvesting.com/blog/is-cryptocurrency-a-bubble

It says - There is a good chance that only coins with solid fundamentals will survive the current bloodbath.

So, its all about the How strong blockchain is using by a Crypto and personally, i think BITCOIN AND ETH will survive this bloodbath.

not a great article ... how can you compare tulips dot.com and cryptos? what kind of technological progress carried the tulips? you know, it is not suffice to say it was a bubble and for analogy apply to all case, i give you a hint, there were a lot more bubbles then the former two you cited
but do not get me wrong, have nothing against you, is only that when i heard this tulip story again and again i get mad :-)
let's talk about the dot.com, you know how hard was hitted amazon back then? amazon stocks went down fro 107usd to 7usd, and you know were are they now? i remember a number near 1450usd
another hint: amazon is not the only one

so let's make all in perspective and drink from this bloodbath

Gregoryxl

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:25:03 PM

The case of bitfinex is different, it has no correlation with the bitcoin movement. How to know if it is a bubble? That's a bit more complicated, usually the bubbles do not take long to explode and cause financial havoc, however bitcoin has managed to stay afloat and show that it does not have as many bubble features as it seems, everything is in the test of fire that would mean overcoming this year 2018 with all the denials from governments.
sjefdeklerk

Activity: 154
Merit: 8

SODL

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:26:27 PM

I’m hodling my bitcoin

How's that working out for you? Made any money?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: