Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:46:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Build, Worth for Mining?  (Read 804 times)
SkyMiner07 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:11:52 PM

Hello Guys! This is my first time over here, after some youtube , and reading around i ended up with this site so so sorry if am i breaking any rule...

I just finished my new pc gaming build few days ago,  and ive talking with a couple friends about it ,  one of them told me ¿why dont you mine?  i told him that coz it is not profitable to mine with gpus... At least that is what i thought 2 years ago... 

So ive been wondering, i work 8 horus a day almost very day , sleep 8 hours a day everyday. and my computer remains without use severall hours a day..

My build is an i7 8700k , 2 gigabyte gtx 1080 ti oc gaming , 32 gigs of ram. 

So here is the thing.  Ive been reading around and seems like the easiest way to mine is with nicehash..  but ive read also on this forum that there are another currencys and pools with better profit for gpus... So

Is there a experienced person why can help me out over here?

I really want to know which coin, which pool service is the best one for my nvidia cards..  and also wanted to know of a good and secure bitcoind walled..(heard of exodus, but you tell me).

Well thats pretty much it..  Any advices are well taken.

Regards!

eleceng1979

Activity: 44
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:46:29 PM

https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator

You tell me if it is profitable... You are years late to the party but never too late to start.

If you don't want to mess around in the details use nicehash and get paid in btc.  Use gyft to buy gift cards.  Get a good Android wallet and get your mine on.
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:35:03 PM

So here is the thing.  Ive been reading around and seems like the easiest way to mine is with nicehash..  but ive read also on this forum that there are another currencys and pools with better profit for gpus... So

So I just got my driver license and my first car, is there an experienced person who can help me win some F1 championships over here? Smiley
Nope, there isn't. You learn these things by doing research and experimenting, just like with everything else. Nicehash is buying your hashrate only because someone else is willing to pay for it, and in the process two parties try to profit: nicehash takes some really "nice" fees for themselves, and the buyer hopes to get more in coins he's mining than he paid in BTC. And you're the guy that makes their profits possible. If you want to make more than you're currently making with nicehash then you'll have to do your own research. Find out towards which coins nicehash sends your hashrate and mine those coins directly yourself. Usually pretty much anything is more profitable than nicehash for a miner. Start with simple calculators like whattomine.com and check the most profitable coins from there. Mine them for a while, compare the profits with what you were getting from nicehash. Then start learning about less known coins that don't make it to the main page of sites like whattomine, find the pools that you can mine those coins on, and try them as well.
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 06:48:41 AM

SkyMiner07, your computer is strong on both CPU & GPU. So with 1080Ti, you could have many options: ETH, ZEN, ZEC, BTG, FTC, VTC, XZC,...Also with i7 8700k, you could consider to mine XMR.
szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:02:02 AM

Try to minning lbry,zec.
cryptocoinfarmer

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:40:14 AM

Here is good calculator: https://whattomine.com/  you can decide what is more profitable by yourself.
Speaking about nicehash it's easy to mine just download the client benchmark all the algorithms and see what's more profitable.
Good luck in mining
SkyMiner07 (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:33:46 AM

So I just got my driver license and my first car, is there an experienced person who can help me win some F1 championships over here? Smiley
Nope, there isn't. You learn these things by doing research and experimenting, just like with everything else. Nicehash is buying your hashrate only because someone else is willing to pay for it, and in the process two parties try to profit: nicehash takes some really "nice" fees for themselves, and the buyer hopes to get more in coins he's mining than he paid in BTC. And you're the guy that makes their profits possible. If you want to make more than you're currently making with nicehash then you'll have to do your own research. Find out towards which coins nicehash sends your hashrate and mine those coins directly yourself. Usually pretty much anything is more profitable than nicehash for a miner. Start with simple calculators like whattomine.com and check the most profitable coins from there. Mine them for a while, compare the profits with what you were getting from nicehash. Then start learning about less known coins that don't make it to the main page of sites like whattomine, find the pools that you can mine those coins on, and try them as well.

Thankyou so much for your repply .,  i just want to be pointed into the right direction..   what you said is exatly what i was thinking.  Nicehash surely takes alot of the earnings but atleast you get paid into btc diretly....  I have another question.. If i mine directly the better coin option that appears into whattomine site.. how can i exchange those alt coins into btc or euros? .. Do i have to go with third party persons to do the exchange?  Do i need different wallets for every alt coin i decide to mine?  .. Can you reccomend me a relieable wallet for my mining purposes ?
wacko
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:46:53 PM

If i mine directly the better coin option that appears into whattomine site.. how can i exchange those alt coins into btc or euros? .. Do i have to go with third party persons to do the exchange?  Do i need different wallets for every alt coin i decide to mine?
When you mine alt coins directly (not through nicehash) you either download and install the wallets for those coins on your pc (each coin has its own wallet), or you use the wallets of the exchanges that you're planning to eventually send those coins to. Most people probably do a mix of both: for some coins I install the local wallets on my computers, and for others (usually the ones with larger blockchains taking up more space on the hard drives = older coins) I just mine directly to the exhange's wallet. If you're new to all this you might want to start with installing local wallets, it's a safer approach in general and you'll learn a bit more this way.

As for exchanging, standard pair for any altcoin is alt/btc, you exchange your alts for btc and then you figure out what to do with bitcoins (exchange them to fiat either on exchanges, or through sites like localbitcoins etc).
SkyMiner07 (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:29:15 PM

If i mine directly the better coin option that appears into whattomine site.. how can i exchange those alt coins into btc or euros? .. Do i have to go with third party persons to do the exchange?  Do i need different wallets for every alt coin i decide to mine?
When you mine alt coins directly (not through nicehash) you either download and install the wallets for those coins on your pc (each coin has its own wallet), or you use the wallets of the exchanges that you're planning to eventually send those coins to. Most people probably do a mix of both: for some coins I install the local wallets on my computers, and for others (usually the ones with larger blockchains taking up more space on the hard drives = older coins) I just mine directly to the exhange's wallet. If you're new to all this you might want to start with installing local wallets, it's a safer approach in general and you'll learn a bit more this way.

As for exchanging, standard pair for any altcoin is alt/btc, you exchange your alts for btc and then you figure out what to do with bitcoins (exchange them to fiat either on exchanges, or through sites like localbitcoins etc).

Thankyou so much for the information.  I see things more clear now .   Btw,  i started on nicehash yesterday just to give it a try.  Today at my current hashrate mining with 2x gtx1080ti with a little overclocking + cpu mining as well.   my earning are around 8 euro = 9.5 Usd ..   Is that a decent earning? do you know how much i can make as average mining alt coins?  im just wondering if with my current hash rate  i can mine on a more profitable way. 

Thanks in advance for your help Smiley
wacko
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:43:11 PM

Btw,  i started on nicehash yesterday just to give it a try.  Today at my current hashrate mining with 2x gtx1080ti with a little overclocking + cpu mining as well.   my earning are around 8 euro = 9.5 Usd ..   Is that a decent earning?
Sounds about right for your hardware.

do you know how much i can make as average mining alt coins?  im just wondering if with my current hash rate  i can mine on a more profitable way.
There's plenty of calculators out there, the most popular is probably whattomine.com.
SkyMiner07 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:39:09 AM

Btw,  i started on nicehash yesterday just to give it a try.  Today at my current hashrate mining with 2x gtx1080ti with a little overclocking + cpu mining as well.   my earning are around 8 euro = 9.5 Usd ..   Is that a decent earning?
Sounds about right for your hardware.

do you know how much i can make as average mining alt coins?  im just wondering if with my current hash rate  i can mine on a more profitable way.
There's plenty of calculators out there, the most popular is probably whattomine.com.
Hey bro! thanks for your repply.  i was digging around some more and i found this
http://cryptomining-blog.com/9198-the-fastest-public-keccak-ccminer-for-nvidia-mining-gpus/#comment-6683

have you tried it yet?  seems like promising well (at least for nvidia cards)  but im not quite sure how to use it..
wacko
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:49:00 AM

Hey bro! thanks for your repply.  i was digging around some more and i found this
http://cryptomining-blog.com/9198-the-fastest-public-keccak-ccminer-for-nvidia-mining-gpus/#comment-6683

have you tried it yet?  seems like promising well (at least for nvidia cards)
I have tried it. There's a faster keccak miner, but it's not free (paid mod by sp_). The difference between the two is ~ 10% or less, so unless you've got plenty of cards it's probably not worth it.

but im not quite sure how to use it..
You use it in exactly the same way as every other version of ccminer — with a simple bat file starting as "ccminer.exe -a keccak...", and then all the other parameters like the pool, login/password etc. Any version of ccminer comes with inbuilt help, just run "ccminer.exe --help" and you'll see the whole list of possible parameters and values". In fact, most compiled versions come with at least one example .bat-file so you can just edit that one for your needs and run the miner with it.
SkyMiner07 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:10:11 AM

have you tried it yet?  seems like promising well (at least for nvidia cards)
I have tried it. There's a faster keccak miner, but it's not free (paid mod by sp_). The difference between the two is ~ 10% or less, so unless you've got plenty of cards it's probably not worth it.

but im not quite sure how to use it..
You use it in exactly the same way as every other version of ccminer — with a simple bat file starting as "ccminer.exe -a keccak...", and then all the other parameters like the pool, login/password etc. Any version of ccminer comes with inbuilt help, just run "ccminer.exe --help" and you'll see the whole list of possible parameters and values". In fact, most compiled versions come with at least one example .bat-file so you can just edit that one for your needs and run the miner with it.

So, do you think it is possible to mine on nicehash using the ccminer ?  When i click on "start" on nicehash miner it starts mining and showing me the current and daily earnings.. basically i wish to use the ccminer and yet being monitoring my earnings with the nicehash miner gui
wacko
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:19:48 AM

So, do you think it is possible to mine on nicehash using the ccminer ?  When i click on "start" on nicehash miner it starts mining and showing me the current and daily earnings.. basically i wish to use the ccminer and yet being monitoring my earnings with the nicehash miner gui
You can always just point the (cc)miner to the nicehash servers. Whether it's possible to keep using the gui at the same time — I'm not sure, haven't used nicehash for a very long time. Maybe you could just switch the "ccminer.exe" files, placing the alexis build instead of the one that nicehash uses.
SkyMiner07 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:27:21 AM

You can always just point the (cc)miner to the nicehash servers. Whether it's possible to keep using the gui at the same time — I'm not sure, haven't used nicehash for a very long time. Maybe you could just switch the "ccminer.exe" files, placing the alexis build instead of the one that nicehash uses.

hehehe  so you found your way to a more profitable mining .  Well i think ill go with nicehash in the mean time i learn some more about this world.  actually i did not built my rig for mining purposes but my friends got me into it when they saw my machine.  im actually a little confused about this ccminer thing..  when i click on the bat file it just starts the cmd window and then starts mining.. but i cannot see where to type any command..  dunno if i need to set a user name and pw to mine on nicehash using this ccminer as well. .. So sorry if i bloat you with questions my friend haha
crocozino

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:42:06 AM

well, I think if you want to have slightly better options for you rig
try to go this direction : put to mine ZEC on flypool with ewbf miner - with your 2x 1080 ti you should get about 1500 sol/s
and load your cpu with ETN mining, you can use xmrig miner for that on any ETN pool you choose
sell what you mine on cryptopia.
combination of this will help to rise your earning up to 15-20% compare to nicehash
wacko
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:45:17 AM

im actually a little confused about this ccminer thing..  when i click on the bat file it just starts the cmd window and then starts mining.. but i cannot see where to type any command.. 
There'll be no input window to type any commands. You place all your configuration parameters in that bat file. That's where you specify the algo, the pool, your wallet/username etc. Then you save the file and run it.
SkyMiner07 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:59:03 PM

im actually a little confused about this ccminer thing..  when i click on the bat file it just starts the cmd window and then starts mining.. but i cannot see where to type any command.. 
There'll be no input window to type any commands. You place all your configuration parameters in that bat file. That's where you specify the algo, the pool, your wallet/username etc. Then you save the file and run it.
+
ive got this on my bat :

" ccminer -a keccak -o stratum+tcp://keccak.eu.nicehash.com:3338 -u 14vZ4DHDzhttzKyNAmLzpRq6VLmCGb16vX.keccak -p x
pause "

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ah6GhWkt2KR0lRZ_hutaLwyiYKHF

Dont really know where to put my nicehash wallet address or my nicehash user name and pass.. can you help me out?
eleceng1979

Activity: 44
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:25:34 PM

Your nicehash wallet (if used) is the username  x is the password, see here...

stratum+tcp://keccak.usa.nicehash.com:3338
username: YourBitcoinAddress
password: x

If you are using windows, why not use the Nicehash legacy miner app? no batch file BS...  just saying.  This is why Nicehash collects fees...to make your life easier and simple.

https://github.com/nicehash/NiceHashMinerLegacy/releases

I am not a Nicehash fan boy and realize I pay a % of profit penalty, I am about simplicity.  Pool mining + many different coins mined + many different wallets + exchanges to a common BTC fund + withdraw to fiat or hodl is a complete pain in the ass IMHO.  I mine many different algorithms using the miner app, selected by profitability in order to maximize profit.  My rig may switch 100's of times per day to keep the most profitable coin.  IMHO this benefits me and my business case in order to reduce ROI to as short as possible/create BTC wealth to pay off equipment.  I am not hobby mining to hold on to $0.001 value coins, hoping they mature.  I am mining today, for today, to profit today, to pay the down the equipment today.

I am mining with 7 x 1070 + 2 x 480 and pull in $27USD daily, 24 hour average paid directly in BTC...  all while mining all possible GPU based algorithms, with one program/setup all on the same rig.  In some cases nicehash pays more than pool mining.  4 more 570 on standby going live this week and plan for over $30 USD/day once live.  I hold 1 wallet, no exchange BS and convert directly to gyft.com gift cards.  Why others are holding, converting and selling coins to other coins I am paying for all of the living expenses in BTC and gift cards.

SkyMiner07 (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:44:30 PM

Your nicehash wallet (if used) is the username  x is the password, see here...

stratum+tcp://keccak.usa.nicehash.com:3338
username: YourBitcoinAddress
password: x

If you are using windows, why not use the Nicehash legacy miner app? no batch file BS...  just saying.  This is why Nicehash collects fees...to make your life easier and simple.

https://github.com/nicehash/NiceHashMinerLegacy/releases

I am not a Nicehash fan boy and realize I pay a % of profit penalty, I am about simplicity.  Pool mining + many different coins mined + many different wallets + exchanges to a common BTC fund + withdraw to fiat or hodl is a complete pain in the ass IMHO.  I mine many different algorithms using the miner app, selected by profitability in order to maximize profit.  My rig may switch 100's of times per day to keep the most profitable coin.  IMHO this benefits me and my business case in order to reduce ROI to as short as possible/create BTC wealth to pay off equipment.  I am not hobby mining to hold on to $0.001 value coins, hoping they mature.  I am mining today, for today, to profit today, to pay the down the equipment today.

I am mining with 7 x 1070 + 2 x 480 and pull in $27USD daily, 24 hour average paid directly in BTC...  all while mining all possible GPU based algorithms, with one program/setup all on the same rig.  In some cases nicehash pays more than pool mining.  4 more 570 on standby going live this week and plan for over $30 USD/day once live.  I hold 1 wallet, no exchange BS and convert directly to gyft.com gift cards.  Why others are holding, converting and selling coins to other coins I am paying for all of the living expenses in BTC and gift cards.

Damn bro i havent read your comment until now.. we are agree on nicehash simplicity.. i actually though the same.. micromanaging its actually a pain in the ass... So sad nicehash got hacked..  i dont really know to to make my cards to produce some now.. what are you mining today bro?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: