Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:51:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin expensive to use  (Read 784 times)
freakcoin (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:34:13 PM

Explain to the newbie because with the increase in the value of bitcoin grows and Commission of the network 0.001 (if I'm not mistaken) it is very expensive. Bitcoin to become like the big ingot of gold, which is a pleasure to own but it is inconvenient to use in everyday life. The community decides for ease of use, or we will move on to altcoins?
SakinaPrincess

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:37:56 PM

Honestly its not that expensive at any price. Few months ago when bitcoin was at 2700$ I thought absolutely same thing, and after few weeks I purchased bitcoins at 5200$, Now I am almost doubling the profit. I am sure if you buy it today at 9400$, after a year or two you will have 100% profit.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3239

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:40:53 PM

The fee is not fixed. It can be 0.001, 0.00001, 0.00054321, or even as low as 0.00000001. The amount you pay is the minimum amount that you think is enough to motivate a miner to process your transaction instead of someone else's transaction.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
freakcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:45:19 PM

Honestly its not that expensive at any price. Few months ago when bitcoin was at 2700$ I thought absolutely same thing, and after few weeks I purchased bitcoins at 5200$, Now I am almost doubling the profit. I am sure if you buy it today at 9400$, after a year or two you will have 100% profit.

The question was about Commission and not about buying bitcoin, you would carefully read my question?
SakinaPrincess

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:47:49 PM

The question was about Commission and not about buying bitcoin, you would carefully read my question?

Oops I am very sorry. Miss read the question completely.  Roll Eyes

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:51:21 PM

Well, the fee is one thing we have to stick with for now but I am pretty sure it won't last most especially when the scaling issue is resolved with the LN deployment. However, it is not every time we get to pay that huge amount for transaction unless the network is congested. A lot still need to be done for sure but Rome was not built in a day and over time, this transaction fee issue will be a thing of the past.
freakcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:52:08 PM

The fee is not fixed. It can be 0.001, 0.00001, 0.00054321, or even as low as 0.00000001. The amount you pay is the minimum amount that you think is enough to motivate a miner to process your transaction instead of someone else's transaction.

Weird I'm on one exchange saw a Commission of 0.001 was written there is a Commission system. See I don't understand.
bitfon

Activity: 532
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 06:01:01 PM

It grows because of the miners, their capacities, the queue of transactions and other things. As it was recently, with a traffic jam of 100,000 transactions and the transition of miners to BCH

ForEasy.me пoмoгaeт aвтoмaтичecки и пo выгoднoй цeнe инвecтиpoвaть в Bitcoin и дpyгиe кpиптoвaлюты. Cтpaтeгия ycpeднeния paбoтaeт нa Bac. Haчнитe ceйчac!
buxlover

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:03:36 PM

Explain to the newbie because with the increase in the value of bitcoin grows and Commission of the network 0.001 (if I'm not mistaken) it is very expensive. Bitcoin to become like the big ingot of gold, which is a pleasure to own but it is inconvenient to use in everyday life. The community decides for ease of use, or we will move on to altcoins?

Actually with the increase in the prices of bitcoin it also increases the store value of the coin as well as our profitability. So it is expensive in what way? May be you are saying that we can not use it as currency or as exchange mode in everyday life due to high fees etc. Thats true but the thing is bitcoin is just algorithm which has been to this value due to lot of investment that has been done to it and if it doesn't grow then it will not give us ROI and we may loose profits over the time. So the price increase is important. It will sustain the market of it for longer period of times.

Moving to the alt coins wouldn't be great option because they do not provide us the perfect stability as it would be there with the bitcoin here. Altcoins are volatile a way more than bitcoin. So better stick to the bitcoin and enjoy the expensive life.
Mobilelagitrens

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:06:06 PM

Hmhnm I am not sure about this. IMO, Bitcoin may be able to partially replace fiat cash (especially for remittances and online purchases). But gold is a different type of asset altogether, which have been in use for the past many thousands of years. Replacing gold will be extremely hard for Bitcoin thanks
Passive Coin

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Passive Coin - low supply coin with backing fund!

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 06:38:53 PM

I really hope that Litecoin will take the role for micro-transactions and give some relief to Bitcoin, as a payment functionality.
Bitcoin is evolving into value store medium and asset.
People start saving long-term in Bitcoin, rather than using BTC to conduct frequent transactions.
Personally, I use Ethereum and Litecoin to send money to others, less Bitcoins recently.

◄ Passive Coin Project Website ►
 ◄ Low 500K Supply Coin with Growing & Diversified Backing Fund! ►
●  Passive Coin Bitcointalk Topic  ●  Buy & Sell Passive Coin  ●  Passive Coin Twitter  ●  Passive Coin Facebook  ●
9thst

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:43:10 PM

No, bitcoin still cheap. i remember when many peoplr said. if the price of bitcoin is too expensive and now you can see the price just hit above $8000
chiggz

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:44:37 PM

I agree that Bitcoin is expensive for small transactions. Though most of the wallets enable you to edit fee for slower confirmation time sms don't. Today while withdrawing from Bittrex they charged 0.001 which is $9 and is a huge amount which is not even editable.
fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:46:18 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2017, 05:06:27 AM by fanbeila

Yes,transaction fee has become the biggest issue for bitcoin and the higher transaction fee seems to make frustration among the users.Segwit was activated with an idea to provide solution for this problem.But due to some miners who started to mine empty blocks and some mining pools sending large number of spam transactions of micro amounts,fee has become very high.But i don't think that users would switch to any other altcoin just for this reason,

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
freakcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:51:48 PM

Hmhnm I am not sure about this. IMO, Bitcoin may be able to partially replace fiat cash (especially for remittances and online purchases). But gold is a different type of asset altogether, which have been in use for the past many thousands of years. Replacing gold will be extremely hard for Bitcoin thanks

Gold here as an allegory, so to speak a measure of wealth.
Karpeles
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:57:37 PM

The fee is adjustable and your profits surely will be greater than your losses because of transactions fees because the price only rises over time.

You should learn and hodl  and don't move your coins unless you really have to. And when you do, plan ahead so you can afford lower fees.
freakcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:06:24 PM

I really hope that Litecoin will take the role for micro-transactions and give some relief to Bitcoin, as a payment functionality.
Bitcoin is evolving into value store medium and asset.
People start saving long-term in Bitcoin, rather than using BTC to conduct frequent transactions.
Personally, I use Ethereum and Litecoin to send money to others, less Bitcoins recently.

Here I probably agree with You. Bitcoin is like dollars in denominations of 1,000$ and litecoin as a 100$ bill.
JuliaEnnyPen

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:09:32 PM

:-\Is it better to buy ETH since bitcoin is so expensive?
bitorama

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:46:33 PM

that's way Satoshidice uses BCH now
Aleksabit

Activity: 79
Merit: 60

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:02:08 PM

It is really too expensive for small transactions, it is like paying double.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: