Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:39:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody else keep mementos?  (Read 218 times)
Kontakt (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:39:44 PM

I have a few of my old mining stuff around as reminders of times I got burned or learned something, I have a Mt Gox yubikey, one of the little USB miners and I used to have a BFL single that got lost in the last move. Do you guys have anything similar?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:47:32 PM

I don't really have any physical manifestations of my involvement other than Casascius coins.

I'll bet certain relics will become very valuable collectibles in the years to come. You can't find a January 3rd 2009 copy of the Times anywhere on the internet. Similarly I've seen lots of people looking to buy those Gox yubikeys.

I'm very curious as to whether old miners will have any value. You can't really do much with them unlike a retro computer or console.
Kontakt (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:51:06 PM

The most I would expect is for the things to have collectible value, just because it's a bit of history. Maybe someone is making a bitcoin museum.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:57:21 PM

I don't really have any physical manifestations of my involvement other than Casascius coins.

I'll bet certain relics will become very valuable collectibles in the years to come. You can't find a January 3rd 2009 copy of the Times anywhere on the internet. Similarly I've seen lots of people looking to buy those Gox yubikeys.

I'm very curious as to whether old miners will have any value. You can't really do much with them unlike a retro computer or console.

You people wasting your money going with the antic collectibles in the worst case.
These kind of usb miners are not good for mining purpose as well so try to avoid the these kind of collectibles.

Still looking to gather these kind of good go the same kind of collectible section available in the forum to check it more about it.
Kontakt (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:01:33 PM

I'm not USING the miner, I just still have it from when it was profitable.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: