Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:38:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you only mine Bitcoin?  (Read 311 times)
davemanet (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:22:42 PM

Hi All, I'm wondering how many mine only Bitcoin, and how many mine both bitcoin and altcoin?
crypto1nvest

Activity: 236
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:41:44 PM

Mostly people mining both bitcoin and alts. Its depend on profitability, sometimes it better to mine alts and sell them for bitcoin.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 08:44:58 PM

I only mine XMR.
I have created a team because it is impossible to earn alone.
So if my team reach the minimum payout...it will been worth.

shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:41:19 PM

Hi All, I'm wondering how many mine only Bitcoin, and how many mine both bitcoin and altcoin?

Gotta do both, diversity works.

lutfi-hasan

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:52:24 AM

I just mined bitcoin, because to get bitcoin we can do various ways to get it, one of them by buying alternative coins or can also called altcoin. we can get all kinds of altcoin to be marketed in trade to benefit from bitcoin.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:09:10 AM

I just mined bitcoin, because to get bitcoin we can do various ways to get it, one of them by buying alternative coins or can also called altcoin. we can get all kinds of altcoin to be marketed in trade to benefit from bitcoin.

You can buy bitcoins also outside like how you do in altcoins. If you have the GPU cards in your home you will be able to make altcoins with the cards mining itself. With the ASIC hardwares you can mine bitcoins for the long time or short time. Both would be a good move if you take mining in this aspects. Now monero and zcash are growing more in the chart and people are started mining in large numbers.
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 01:25:53 PM

I think most of miners here are mining both or just mining altcoin with GPUs.
I mined BTC before but it's hard for me to get ASIC at the beginning batches, so I moved to mine some altcoins using GPUs, it's quite flexible.
Ryuh

Activity: 282

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:36:39 PM

I mine only altcoins with my GPU's and often sold them for bitcoin or other better altcoins like Zcash, Ethereum, etc.
Bitcoin i can't mine at the moment, because i don't have ASIC miner, but i'm thinking of buying some to get me started.
kapipindot

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:47:08 PM

Mining bitcoin and alcoin is technically different from each other. In order to mine bitcoin, you should have an ASIC miner as it it suitable for SHA algorithm, which is already dominated by big ASIC mining farms. In mining altcoins, you will be using the gpu of a computer. As of the moment, 3gb cards and above were the only cards used in altcoin mining, this on the other hand I think has more individual miners as to large farm. Many small time individual prefers mining altcoin since its noise is much tolerable than that of an ASIC miner.
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:47:44 PM

Since I can only mine at home and the ability to get ASICs was a challenge I decided to go to GPU mining to focus only on altcoins. Also, I don't think my wife would appreciate the noise that ASICs produce since I am using a spare bedroom to house my rigs.  GPUs and a few fans don't make much noise, cant hear them at all with the door closed. ASICs, on the other hand, would be entirely too loud to use in my current setup.
btcneodev

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:57:07 PM

Basically I did not mine with ASIC, mainly CPU + GPU only. But recently I found that it is good price and demand for ASIC based coins, maybe I should consider to get one or two ASIC miners to start now...
ivakar

Activity: 756
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:00:33 PM

I mine altcoins only. Because in order to mine bitcoin you have to have special hardware miners.
Those thihgs are expensive and very loud.
So, for now, I'll stick to altcoin mining.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: