Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:00:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can i make a bitcoin news website from Bitcointalk?  (Read 613 times)
TheBitcoinBoy (OP)

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:31:51 PM

I created a thread named as "What if bitcoin mining becomes illegal worldwide" like that i can create other useful threads and i got great answers from people. After this i got an idea why not use this content and publish it on the website. This way people also get featured on the website with their responses and community gets a great piece of information.

So what's your thought?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:31:12 PM

"What if bitcoin mining becomes illegal worldwide" A good thread.
But, before you do something, look at this one :
https://thebitcoin.pub/t/bitcoin-talk-thread-on-not-buying-icon-thoughts/10188
https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/post/overview/BTC
https://forum.bitcoin.com/beginners-help/the-one-thread-to-link-them-all-t2390.html

MrCrank

Activity: 1336
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:28:29 AM

I created a thread named as "What if bitcoin mining becomes illegal worldwide" like that i can create other useful threads and i got great answers from people. After this i got an idea why not use this content and publish it on the website. This way people also get featured on the website with their responses and community gets a great piece of information.

So what's your thought?

Yes, you can try make this web site.
My opinion.. for begining need start blog and publish news, after you can see your stats.. run your web site if will be ok.
Do you plan to buy advertise?
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 06:05:38 AM

Bitcoin news website from BitcoinTalk. So basically you will be copy pasting some of the topics and responses on BCT to your website. Right? Now the question is rather than visiting the forum (original source) why would someone go through the same topic on your website (copy pasted)? An interesting topic on BCT gets around 100 average responses, quality answers with different perspectives as well poor responses so the idea of copying and publishing only quality posts on your website might be a good idea, rather than going through hundreds of posts looking for genuine information/inputs, it would be readily available.

Topics like, What if bitcoin mining becomes illegal worldwide isn't news, centered around hypothetical scenario and discussions, topics like these are good for making assumptions, but for Bitcoin news, it should be related to current event topics.

Even though it is copy pasting, the idea isn't bad. There are thousands of topics on BCT, on what basis are you going to choose topics? There are quality answers from experts/professionals as well as individuals, opposing opinions, but both right from their own perspective, so what defines a quality answer? This is why a forum is different, everyone can voice their opinion, but when we have to choose a few selected responses, it would be based on our own point of view.

I guess I put way more thought into the whole idea, but that's it. Even if you start a website based on this concept, there is the above question, there is no guarantee that people would be visiting your site. Apart from BitcoinTalk, Quora, Bitcoin Stack Exchange, and Reddit are used as a Q&A website. In a thread with 100 responses, people usually check out the first 10 or last 10 posts while the genuine inputs might be in the middle. There are certain topics on BCT, removing poor responses and only keeping quality answers would be helpful especially to newbies, piecing together information.
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 08:44:17 AM

There is nothing stopping you from doing it, I do however suggest that if you do it that you also do some research yourself and link the sources so that people can validate what you are saying.
shinjunobi09

Activity: 126
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:13:18 AM

I mean it would provide a cognitive and vital piece of information for all us here. That idea is great to give us some hint regarding the outcomes and the other possibilities which might we users of bitcoin encounter. It also helps to voices other peoples opinions regarding the topics outside here in the forum. I mean this would mean a lot especially for those post containing vital or key informations.

Norihiro

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

APOLLOX Protocol

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:12:00 PM

There's no such need, I think. Forum is the forum and it should be this format. If you want to make a news site try figuring out something different, because information here is very subjective.

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 01:58:39 PM

You call that a useful thread? You asked a question that has already been asked a million times and you've put literally zero effort into writing this.
After people responded, you didn't even write a single response. You want to start a news website with that kind of content? Good luck with that!  Roll Eyes

Here's the thread he made:

Will that be an end of bitcoin? If all mining operations becomes illegal all over the world. Why authorities are against bitcoin mining?

Lets discuss

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2116980.msg21171154#msg21171154

Zedpastin

Activity: 363
Merit: 323

Infographics save lives

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:21:15 PM

People who want to read about bitcoin will either come here to read it themselves and discuss it or read it at some of the bigger news sites your going to need to post some unique stories if you want to be successful.
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:31:23 PM

It is possible if you compile useful and important points in your website. But if you are looking to copy and paste from the thread then I see no point. Readers can visit Bitcointalk forum instead of going to your website.
Hodl_lady

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:28:00 AM

Why not?  Smiley just try to create content plan and plan of developing&marketing. Also you would ask some people what information they need and can't find in other sourses... And decide it is possible to find/to provide this info or not. This way you will understand what to post and who is your target audience.
It will work if you want to go easy way.
If you want to go hard and professional way - you should do a great marketing research etc.

Good luck!

P.S. If you create new website announce it, please, here)) Would be interesting to visit it.
ecfel

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:47:43 AM

Bitcoin has just started and i think there's no one who knows bitcoin more than people here in bitcointalk. just saying, its always like that in a an emerging area however i'll better go for like a blog than a news that's way safer i think for now.

airfio
Advancin
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:27:52 AM

There is a section here on the forum already which has something similar https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=77.0
maybe another child board on the forum would further cover all news events?

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
atomictornado

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:41:41 PM

Hello averyone!
For improvement and opportunities to attract more audience, we need worthy content. It would be great if it was placed on the website description and features. The main thing is to choose the right information.
us11csalyer

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:12:15 AM

Well, that would be interesting for me to read the news about bitcoin and altcoins, if it will be original acticles with analysis and thoughts of the author. Leave a link here if you will actually create a site. Good luck!

cryptoimal86

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:16:52 AM

actually this is good idea. my opinion is firstly create blog and if the replies, feedback is good, develop a website. Further, feedback is good link with telegram to get news instantly once the it is posted. wish you good luck
P.S: once u created the site, dont forget to share with us Smiley Smiley Smiley
TheBitcoinBoy (OP)

Activity: 236

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:15:16 PM

Recommend me a name for it. I got good response also some PM's people from different countries want to contribute.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: