Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:50:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to Hire - ICO developper  (Read 264 times)
mOgliE (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:00:14 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm starting to gather a team to launch a new ICO.
I've got the money, the designer and the campaign manager but we need the backbone of every IT project: the developpers.

Normally one developper should be enough but I'll also need 3 persons to check the final code for security problems.

Waiting for your PM if anyone feels up to the task.

PS. The task will be paid when everything is finished, working and checked for security problems. Funds will be put in escrow if you desire it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:41:16 PM

PS. The task will be paid when everything is finished, working and checked for security problems. Funds will be put in escrow if you desire it.
Software Developer here.

Kinda freaks me out that the ICO founders want the developers to work first and then get paid.What is the guarantee our efforts will be paid for ? It works two way street.Putting funds in an escrow is a nice deal but what if the escrow isn't really aware about the development terms or is not tech savy ? It's a loss for developers,at the end of the day you pay for the time/efforts put in.

I design architectures for systems ,create their technical stack and manager their workflow which needs me to put efforts since day 1.What is the guarantee I will be paid after the project is done ? Hope you get the point.

Also thanks for giving me giggles,you are starting an ICO,have figured everything but the ICO developers are your least priority. Undecided Send me a PM.
mOgliE (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:56:21 PM

Hey there.

I don't see what's freaking you out here. In the rest of IT world when external developers are hired by a company they're paid at the delivery. I'm an IT engineer (not a coder, on the project management side, I can code but I'm really not good at it Wink ) and that's just how the world works. That's why if you feel ready for this task we'll agree on a technical book of delivery of what should be the final product. As long as the final product fulfills the requirements the escrow must releases the funds to you.

It's exactly the same in the rest of the world: you make a contract with a dev team, they do the development and if the final product fulfill the requirements you have to pay them. Nothing wrong here. And if you're not able to draft a technical book of delivery precise enough to cover you, that means you shouldn't work on independant project from the start and just go work for a big company ^^

I can't just pay you and then hope you'll develop what I asked for, see my point?

And for the last: ICO developers are the LAST priority not the LEAST. I can't hire a development team if I don't have the idea, the target, the market study, the funds and the strategy for the ICO... That would be like hiring workers for a house before having the field and the loan from the bank xD

If you feel like you're able to do this and are interested, just tell me what guarantee you're looking for and I'll be happy to comply if I can!

AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:15:05 PM

Software Developer here.

Kinda freaks me out that the ICO founders want the developers to work first and then get paid.What is the guarantee our efforts will be paid for ? It works two way street.Putting funds in an escrow is a nice deal but what if the escrow isn't really aware about the development terms or is not tech savy ? It's a loss for developers,at the end of the day you pay for the time/efforts put in.

I design architectures for systems ,create their technical stack and manager their workflow which needs me to put efforts since day 1.What is the guarantee I will be paid after the project is done ? Hope you get the point.

Also thanks for giving me giggles,you are starting an ICO,have figured everything but the ICO developers are your least priority. Undecided Send me a PM.

It's very normal to agree terms on a project and then be paid upon completion. Sometimes firms offer the possibility of milestone payments (upon completion of set progress) but that's at the employer's discretion.
OP also mentioned that he'd be happy to escrow the funds. This seems more legit than half the posts I've seen on here where only equity is offered or payment upon completion with no mention of an escrow.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:22:08 PM

Software Developer here.

It's very normal to agree terms on a project and then be paid upon completion. Sometimes firms offer the possibility of milestone payments (upon completion of set progress) but that's at the employer's discretion.
OP also mentioned that he'd be happy to escrow the funds. This seems more legit than half the posts I've seen on here where only equity is offered or payment upon completion with no mention of an escrow.
Yes I don't doubt the OP but there have been situations in the past where the escrow did not understand the deal and he returned the money back where the developed had achieved the primary goals and the company kept asking him for the iterations.If escrow was a coder or a technical person he would understand what was going around.Anyway,I have replied to them.
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:27:44 PM

Software Developer here.

Yes I don't doubt the OP but there have been situations in the past where the escrow did not understand the deal and he returned the money back where the developed had achieved the primary goals and the company kept asking him for the iterations.If escrow was a coder or a technical person he would understand what was going around.Anyway,I have replied to them.

Most reputable escrow members on here are sound and comperhensible individuals. If the agreement lays out the terms specifically then I'm sure they'd have no problem whatsoever if a matter would escalate to a dispute. In the event where they work is too technical, I'm sure they'd hire/ask another coder to check whether or not the work had been completed as agreed.

P.S Sorry for the thread hijacking OP.  
mOgliE (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:34:40 PM

No problem for the hijack it was an important precision ^^

Just to precise: I'm looking for a developper not a project manager. I'm already fairly competent in management of IT project as it's my daily job. I lack the technical skills, not the managing/marketing skills.

mOgliE (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:42:04 PM

Still looking for developpers.

The project will include creation of a gambling website btw.
Yep I know that's not the original part of  the project don't worry  Wink

TheBarMan

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

DEGEN Future Traders

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:48:47 PM

Hello, i sent you a PV message.

Good day.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: