Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:44:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Oil Prices Slump to 11-Year Lows in Asia and Europe  (Read 4344 times)
mikewillda

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

CTO/Spokesman

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 08:47:52 AM

Four oil producing nations including Saudi Arab, Russia agreed to maintain the current production levels. The price will not drop soon.

Never invest more than you can afford to loose.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 09:09:49 AM

Four oil producing nations including Saudi Arab, Russia agreed to maintain the current production levels. The price will not drop soon.

Bummer, I'm hoping for a downward trend as a consumer. But I guess major decline in price have some major effect in the industry so anything that is too much is bad and it applies here as well.

valta4065

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 10:00:00 AM

Bummer, I'm hoping for a downward trend as a consumer. But I guess major decline in price have some major effect in the industry so anything that is too much is bad and it applies here as well.

Bah it won't be so low for long. You can't do anything against that, it's a supply demand market with limited supply and growing demand.

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 05:27:41 AM

Bah it won't be so low for long. You can't do anything against that, it's a supply demand market with limited supply and growing demand.

No this time the situation is not as previous, in which there will be a price rise after reduction. Now the market has surplus availability than demand which will continue which makes price low for long run.
mikewillda

CTO/Spokesman

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 12:06:40 PM

If the output is kept at present levels, the oil supply will still exceed the demand. The price will continue to go down.

nichu

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 05:04:04 PM

If the output is kept at present levels, the oil supply will still exceed the demand. The price will continue to go down.

they are planning to stock the oil to sell when the price rises,they have already had contracts with india to store oil
mikewillda

CTO/Spokesman

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 10:09:56 PM

they are planning to stock the oil to sell when the price rises,they have already had contracts with india to store oil

There is almost to storage capacity now. The oil tanks are full of oils now. So the oil has to be dumped to the market.

botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 02:09:29 PM

There is a storage cost as well as opportunity cost associated with stocking oil. It might be cheaper to not produce (i.e. do not extract - store crude in oil wells). So it might make sense to sell now, even if the price of oil is expected to increase.
coinzat

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 11:13:47 PM

the problem of oil price is there are some countries which their economy is depending completely on selling their oil. and even when prices continues falling, they will not stop producing and the market will not rise again. it is time to make more researches on the renewal power as oil mining may cost more than its value in the next few years
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 04:01:24 PM

It means that there are some oil traders, which trade a lot of oil in the market.  Wink
viavalenttt

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:16:22 PM

Is it cheaper to mine bitcoin now? Oil prices dropped but the electricity cost has not changed!

When oil price drops, we were told that electricity is generated from natural gas/coal; when the oil price increase, we were told this directly affect the cost of electricity.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: