Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:42:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Payed for bitcoin but haven't received them - Litebit  (Read 159 times)
LibertyHunter (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:14:21 PM

Hi I have a question about a website I used to buy bitcoin called Litebit.  The funds actually came out of my bank last week and the website has marked as they have received payment but still haven't released my coins because they are asking to verify my IBAN.

My main concern is the fact that the price has risen substantially over the last week and I am wondering if I will receive the same amount of bitcoin as what they were worth when the site received the payment a week ago.  The site says that they recalculate the coins and send the value of them when they have received payment and I am just wondering once I have verified my IBAN will I receive the same amount or will they recalculate after verifying my IBAN which I feel would be unfair if they recalculate after a week of holding my coins. 

Has anyone else used this site or had a similar experience.  I am annoyed and I will be ringing them up tomorrow to try and verify my IBAN because they want me to send a payment to there bank to verify and it costs me a £10 fee with my bank to send a small amount of euros.     
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:30:59 PM

... and it costs me a £10 fee with my bank to send a small amount of euros.     
Ouch! Their setup usually costs 0.01 for EU customers inside SEPA zone.
And those fees you would be charged (by your local bank!) aren't exactly their fault so try to keep calm and talkactive.
I would just eat those £10 and get over that hurdle.

Hey, did you ringed up their support chatbox, right bottom side of the screen? It signals if somebody from support is present. Try to fetch some of them, arranging a phone call or similar. Should be doable near GMT zimezone.
Your reasoning should be: "I am the owner of my bank account and willingly transfered the funds to you, you can see on the Subject: line from account statement. That's no different from that 0.01 transfer required to verify this IBAN inside the SEPA zone."

Another issue would be transfer limits for a new account, they are as low as 300 bucks. You wouldn't be able to FOMO lots, anyway.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: