Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:41:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let me tell you about Joe.  (Read 2388 times)
Anonymous

June 30, 2011, 12:10:29 PM

He takes care of himself very well. He maintains a good shelter, feeds himself and waters himself whether it be through nature or exchanging with his neighbors. He hasn't particularly created any wealth but he always returns what he takes. Joe has caused no loss to another man nor any particular gain.

Is Joe an evil man?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hamdi

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 12:16:13 PM

joe is a nice guy for a wealth creator
epi 1:10,000

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 01:12:15 PM

What is Joe's IQ and or inherent capability?
Tawsix

Activity: 210

I have always been afraid of banks.

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 02:12:56 PM

He takes care of himself very well. He maintains a good shelter, feeds himself and waters himself whether it be through nature or exchanging with his neighbors. He hasn't particularly created any wealth but he always returns what he takes. Joe has caused no loss to another man nor any particular gain.

Is Joe an evil man?

Are you saying that people who don't create wealth are evil?  I'd like to hear the reasoning behind why anyone would possibly consider this man evil.  His net effect on the system is 0, to say that one way or the other is evil is to so that there is a moral obligation to leech or to produce, and that is absurd.

JA37

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 02:17:57 PM

From the data provided, no, he doesn't appear to. Unless he's a plumber.  Grin

Ponzi me: http://fxnet.bitlex.org/?ref=588
Thanks to the anonymous person who doubled my BTC wealth by sending 0.02 BTC to: 1BSGbFq4G8r3uckpdeQMhP55ScCJwbvNnG
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 04:04:58 PM

Wait... You didn't say, 'Joe pays his taxes'!!!

EEEEEEVIIIILLLL!

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
finnthecelt

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 05:38:10 PM

Could be.

If his neighbors expectations are that people contribute more to their community than they take he's right out evil. That Joe's a real SOB!

Good and evil, right and wrong; perceptions of white and black, black and white.
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 05:58:24 PM

I wanna see where this is going

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
Anonanon

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 07:58:44 PM

He doesn't appear to be, on the face of the scenario. How often does he resort to violence to solve his problems?
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 09:23:56 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2011, 10:11:02 AM by ribuck

Is Joe an evil man?

No, Joe is not an evil man.

Oh hang on, is this one of those feminist tricks where the right answer is "We can't say for sure that Joe is not an evil man, because Joe might be Josephine or Joanne rather than Joseph"?
compro01

Activity: 590

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 09:53:32 PM

Is Joe an evil man?

from presented data, no.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 10:09:37 PM

Is Joe an evil man?

Are you saying that people who don't create wealth are evil?  I'd like to hear the reasoning behind why anyone would possibly consider this man evil.  His net effect on the system is 0, to say that one way or the other is evil is to so that there is a moral obligation to leech or to produce, and that is absurd.

I don't know where he is going, but according to certain social  theories, a person who doesn't produce a net gain for society is still a burden upon society, for no other reason than he takes up space.  This is an argument used by Marx himself, and some of his immediate followers, to rationalize away an individual's right to life away.  The basic argument is thus....  As long as an individual is producing at least as much, if not slightly more, than he consumes (including landspace consumption) then he is a net benefit for the society at large.  Once he is no longer producing a net benefit for society at large, and has little prospects toward doing so, then he is of no further benefit to society and his life is forfit.  This is the basis for the 'total life' theory of health care management, or something like that, that attempts to place a social value to the average individual based upon their age.  Thus, small children are of low value, because they can be replaced and educated and little benefit (to society) has been lost, and old people are also of little value because they have already produced the greater part of their lifetime productivity, but teens and young adults have a high value because they have already been 'vested' with education and resources for life and have a high future potential for productive returns to society.  if you take this viewpoint as valid, then the self-supporting hermit is evil because it is assumed that he took the resources from society (by the act of growing up and being 'educated' and 'socialized' and presumedly eating along the way) and has chosen a life that fails to return those resources to society.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 10:42:11 PM

Is Joe an evil man?

Define evil.

I think he's asking you to. Wink

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
bitplane

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 1gyzhw

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 10:50:42 PM

if you take this viewpoint as valid, then the self-supporting hermit is evil because it is assumed that he took the resources from society (by the act of growing up and being 'educated' and 'socialized' and presumedly eating along the way) and has chosen a life that fails to return those resources to society.
This is an interesting viewpoint, though I wouldn't say it would be evil or even vaguely wrong to do this. If the hermit is indebted to society for his upbringing then he is essentially a slave to that society, that there should only be one type of society and that there should be no experimentation with new ways of life, no matter how unjust the society you were raised in is.
Reikoku

firstbits: 1kwc1p

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 01:32:39 PM

Is Joe an evil man?

from presented data, no.

This.

Rei | 1Kwc1pqv54jCg8jvnm3Gu1dqFQYhS34Bow
Trades So Far: 7
finnthecelt

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 02:44:49 PM

Is Joe an evil man?

I don't know where he is going, but according to certain social  theories, a person who doesn't produce a net gain for society is still a burden upon society, for no other reason than he takes up space.  This is an argument used by Marx himself, and some of his immediate followers, to rationalize away an individual's right to life away.  The basic argument is thus....  As long as an individual is producing at least as much, if not slightly more, than he consumes (including landspace consumption) then he is a net benefit for the society at large.  Once he is no longer producing a net benefit for society at large, and has little prospects toward doing so, then he is of no further benefit to society and his life is forfit.  This is the basis for the 'total life' theory of health care management, or something like that, that attempts to place a social value to the average individual based upon their age.  Thus, small children are of low value, because they can be replaced and educated and little benefit (to society) has been lost, and old people are also of little value because they have already produced the greater part of their lifetime productivity, but teens and young adults have a high value because they have already been 'vested' with education and resources for life and have a high future potential for productive returns to society.  if you take this viewpoint as valid, then the self-supporting hermit is evil because it is assumed that he took the resources from society (by the act of growing up and being 'educated' and 'socialized' and presumedly eating along the way) and has chosen a life that fails to return those resources to society.

And that is what makes Marx such an f'ing asshole. This guy mooched upon others nearly his whole existence and justified his existence via his "intellectual contributions". Bullshit. This guy fed a a bunch of crap to the elitist power structure of the world who ate it up because it helped them sleep easier at night.

None of us truly knows why we even walk this planet so therefore we shold tread lightly and respect the way people choose to live. But that's where it gets sticky isn't it? We can expect that others should at least take care of themselves if they are capable but if they are capable and do not take care of themselves do we have the right to "forfeit" their very life? The consequences to forfeiting someone's life is unknown so should not be endeavored.
YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 06:39:49 PM

Joe's a cunt, I hate him, he never returned my tv table or any of the tools that I lent him. If you see Joe, tell em I said go suck a bag of cocks!
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 06:41:13 PM

Joe's a cunt, I hate him, he never returned my tv table or any of the tools that I lent him. If you see Joe, tell em I said go suck a bag of cocks!

No wonder I got those tools so cheap!

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
finnthecelt

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 06:46:00 PM

Hey Karl said I could "borrow" your hammer!   Cheesy
YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 06:54:34 PM

Hey Karl said I could "borrow" your hammer!   Cheesy
FU--

To hell with it, fuck Joe, I'm going drinking!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: