Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:19:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing in the top 20 coins  (Read 520 times)
hopper28755 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:17:28 PM

Is it a safe bet to invest in the top 20-25 coins on coinmarketcap.com? I’m looking to invest about $20,000 into some cryptos.
September11Myth

Activity: 387
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:24:33 PM

Nothing is safe in cryptoland. Top 20 coins means they are good but it also means they ALREADY had success.  In your place I would also anyway chose some less capitalized coins with a lot of potential.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 10:27:17 PM

Is it a safe bet to invest in the top 20-25 coins on coinmarketcap.com? I’m looking to invest about $20,000 into some cryptos.
Nothing is a safe bet. I'd suggest you do some research on projects and platforms, and then invest. $20,000 is a fairly significant amount that warrants a thorough research. Spreading it out blindly isn't usually the solution.
MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:28:54 PM

WHAT A BRILLIANT PHRASE, it is very true, but it is sad because it is also true. Most of those who are in the top 20 have already succeed, that is why they all are there.

they ALREADY had success

But if you really want to keep growing your balance, then invest in there, there is nothing that can tell you how much money can you earn or lose if you invest on those coins.

But whatever you do, DONT put a single dollar in Bitconnect, it is on the top 20 but it is a scammy coin, and it is going to go down soon, maybe their project will be dead as soon as it can, because they dont have enough funds to cover and pay all those insane returns that they have to pay to investors.

Hello
Action Gamble

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:43:31 PM

I think it's safe to invest especially in top 20 icos, because in the worst case you will earn anything from the investment even if you lose only some dollars like 30$ or 100$.

Anon

Activity: 53
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:45:42 PM

Either go into BTC/ETH or gamble on some less known coins. Top 20 outside the highest few is much higher risk than ETH/BTC but with less potential profits like the coins below top 50.
hopper28755 (OP)

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:51:39 PM

What coins would you all suggest that are not the top 25 coins?
Payne976

Activity: 112
Merit: 72

"ETHERJACK.io - Blockchain Jackpot game! ICO LIVE!

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:56:56 PM

Investing in the top 20 coins isn't a terrible idea and would probably work out pretty good, but I think you'd do better if you did a bit more research on each and cut out a few of the bad eggs.

hanlieuiypm9832

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:09:05 PM

Nothing is a safe bet. I'd suggest you do some research on projects and platforms, and then invest. $20,000 is a fairly significant amount that warrants a thorough research. Spreading it out blindly isn't usually the solution.
If it is a lot of money for you. I think it is a little risky. I advise you to invest half of your money in btc or eth. Not very big payback, But the risk is low.

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      Powered by
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
EcoChavCrypto

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:13:25 PM

Obviously that the best thing that you can do is just buy a whole bitcoin, and then diversify the other half in 25%-25% between ethereum & monero/litecoin.
Those are one of the best picks that you can make, and now that they three are skyrocketing, maybe this is your change to join the market.

They have been in a downtrend since yesterday (except bitcoin) so you can buy them all at a five percent discount. Probably they are going to make more than x3 or maybe x5 in a near future, so you are not losing anything, you must try to get as much bitcoins/ethereums/moneros as you can.

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄███████▀   ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▄▄▄████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████
█████████   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████
█████████   █████   ███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █████   ██████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀   █████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcoin Air 

█      ███
█      ███
  ██
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
      ███
█  ██
  ███
█  ██
  ███
   ██
  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██
     ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███      █
███  ██ 
███  ██ 
     ██ 
███
  ██ 
███
  ██ 
     ██

AltcoinAuthority

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:36:40 PM

Investing in the top 20 could be a smart thing to do though you have to realize that the ranks could changed when a new coin gets introduced.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
jlanzago

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 11:41:45 PM

If you are thinking about this, probably you'd like Combicoin, which is an instrument that holds the top 30 cryptocurrencies (equally weighted) and has grown over 70% in the last 1.5 months. You can see more here: https://triaconta.com
Etemind

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:43:30 PM

Investing in the top 20 could be a smart thing to do though you have to realize that the ranks could changed when a new coin gets introduced.
\\

Yes, This is what I am doing too and  since its quite stable and having milions  or billions of market capitalization, I am convinced that it will not be gone easily. Indeed its a smart move  especially for long term hold.

NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:44:59 PM

Of course. There are advantages and disadvantages when investing in the top 20 coins. But the advantages will far outweigh the disadvantages. First, if you invest in the top 20 coins, the risks are definitely lesser as compared to when you invest in less known coins. And then even if you invest a significant amount, you will not find it hard to sell or buy since the market cap is usually very huge with the top 20 coins.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:45:53 PM

No it's not safe, there is a scam listed on that top list. Don't and never ever invest to bitconnect that's the scam that I'm talking about so just because of that one coin listed on top 25, it made that list to be not safe at all. I just noticed some new coins that are into that top list, the rest are fine but still you had to understand and learn those coins deeper. My suggestion is that invest more with bitcoin, you can even earn more than 1,000x with it for just a very short amount of time.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:47:43 PM

But whatever you do, DONT put a single dollar in Bitconnect, it is on the top 20 but it is a scammy coin, and it is going to go down soon, maybe their project will be dead as soon as it can, because they dont have enough funds to cover and pay all those insane returns that they have to pay to investors.
There are more duds, hinting on XRP who occasionally changed their total supply (stay away!). I think spreading across 20 top coins stretches you thin. Would suggest picking like 10 or less.
The risk in that area is small, but the revenue is reasonable.

If you want insane risks and probably insane results you can take a look at the lower area of this top100 chart.
The weedcoins, POT, or how about gambling with EDG (+21.81% today) or Storj who are highly experimental technology not compareable with classically mined coins. And so on.
Some of those might end in the gutter.
Gotomoon

Activity: 719

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:49:33 PM

Of course. There are advantages and disadvantages when investing in the top 20 coins. But the advantages will far outweigh the disadvantages. First, if you invest in the top 20 coins, the risks are definitely lesser as compared to when you invest in less known coins. And then even if you invest a significant amount, you will not find it hard to sell or buy since the market cap is usually very huge with the top 20 coins.
Be always on a safe side in investing in cryptocurrencies because all are being volatile. It could change fast and drops fast the price and ofcourse there are dis and advantages in investing but the important is you know how to manage all your top choosen coins.
Duzenn

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:06:23 AM

Since they became the top 20, so that they have been accepted by most people, so your return on investment may not be so big, you can try to invest in some potential ICO project, such gains will be higher.

rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:32:45 AM

No, it is not safe. I recommend you to invest on coins that you think has the potential to boom, like WAVES ( well, that's my personal bet and fave alt coin), WAVES is currently on a low price now but you can still try on investing on it , i believe to the potential of WAVES on booming and With all Honesty, i do not think that you can monitor the top 20-25 coins if you invested to all of it, that's situation but if we put reality on that you will be having a hard time monitor the coins. You need to carefully decide on this kind of things and final reminder, Invest something that you can lose. Good Luck.
hitler007

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 06:55:31 AM

“The upcoming ICO of Amor definitely ranks in the top 20 for me. They are decentralising the dating industry: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2376207.0"
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: