Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:21:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Me! Lost Btc trying to send from old MultiBit To BlockChain  (Read 157 times)
bitguyireland40 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:01:37 PM

loaded up an old Multibit from 2013/2014 version 05.16 from an old mac hard drive on to my new mac and I found the multibit files. Having little clue as to what I was doing, I then tried to import the private keys- to my amazement it worked and showed my .58 balance that I got in 2013/2014 of BTC. Anyhow, I saw on the net that BTC has issues with the old Multibit wallet and thought it would be safer to transfer my Bitcoin to A blockchain wallet. Having little clue again what I was doing- I managed to send a very small bit of BTC to the Wallet, it worked, which was great. I then thought maybe I should reset the blockchain and transactions just to make sure, so I did this- the Multibit then tells me that I had a 'spendable balance' about two thirds lower than my original balance of .58 BTC, so about .3 or so. I thought this was weird and another flaw in Multibit so I thought it best to move the .3 or so 'spendable balance' into the Blocchain as quick as possible. Blockchain created another address and I sent it there- my Balance went to almost zero - as I sent just below the 'spendable amount' however the BTC never arrived to Blockchain to the new address. However, now the problem I have is, on the Blockchain- it says I have my .58 bitcoin (minus the transaction that worked- the small amount of BTC I sent as a text) but my balance on the Multibit- says I have .20 or so BTC, so I am not sure what is happening? have I lost BTC? Is it stuck? Should I export my pvt keys and try and upload them into another wallet? I am a bit freaked out as I have only really learned about BTC tech the last two days because of this issue, I had not had anything to do with BTc since I got the BTC in 2014 into multibit and knew even less then. Can someone help me? Thanks

Oh this is the original Address where it says I have my BTC balance (minus the small transaction I did as a test to the address in BlockChain)

1DB9rW8fMayxxLKnAqri2JMSYgbKkc5fuW

And here are images showing the transactions.
As you can see there is over .3 BTC missing.
It should have sent to the BlockChain address but it didn't- it only shows the small minuscule BTC that I sent as a test.
My question is, should I export my private keys from Multibit, and then try and load them into another wallet, and secondly, if I do- will my balance of .58 come back?
Thanks for your help..

https://github.com/Multibit-Legacy/multibit/issues/795

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Westingcote

Activity: 110
Merit: 131

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:18:32 PM

I think transactions can get stuck I'm only really familiar with Bitcoin core but there should be a command in multibit to release unspent coins.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2963

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 07:44:22 PM

loaded up an old Multibit from 2013/2014 version 05.16 from an old mac hard drive on to my new mac and I found the multibit files. Having little clue as to what I was doing, I then tried to import the private keys- to my amazement it worked and showed my .58 balance that I got in 2013/2014 of BTC. Anyhow, I saw on the net that BTC has issues with the old Multibit wallet and thought it would be safer to transfer my Bitcoin to A blockchain wallet. Having little clue again what I was doing- I managed to send a very small bit of BTC to the Wallet, it worked, which was great. I then thought maybe I should reset the blockchain and transactions just to make sure, so I did this- the Multibit then tells me that I had a 'spendable balance' about two thirds lower than my original balance of .58 BTC, so about .3 or so. I thought this was weird and another flaw in Multibit so I thought it best to move the .3 or so 'spendable balance' into the Blocchain as quick as possible. Blockchain created another address and I sent it there- my Balance went to almost zero - as I sent just below the 'spendable amount' however the BTC never arrived to Blockchain to the new address. However, now the problem I have is, on the Blockchain- it says I have my .58 bitcoin (minus the transaction that worked- the small amount of BTC I sent as a text) but my balance on the Multibit- says I have .20 or so BTC, so I am not sure what is happening? have I lost BTC? Is it stuck? Should I export my pvt keys and try and upload them into another wallet? I am a bit freaked out as I have only really learned about BTC tech the last two days because of this issue, I had not had anything to do with BTc since I got the BTC in 2014 into multibit and knew even less then. Can someone help me? Thanks

Oh this is the original Address where it says I have my BTC balance (minus the small transaction I did as a test to the address in BlockChain)

1DB9rW8fMayxxLKnAqri2JMSYgbKkc5fuW

And here are images showing the transactions.
As you can see there is over .3 BTC missing.
It should have sent to the BlockChain address but it didn't- it only shows the small minuscule BTC that I sent as a test.
My question is, should I export my private keys from Multibit, and then try and load them into another wallet, and secondly, if I do- will my balance of .58 come back?
Thanks for your help..

https://github.com/Multibit-Legacy/multibit/issues/795

According to your bitcoin address its still had the 0.58402 btc and looks like your transaction 0.3 didn't arrived try to backup the private key first from multibit check here https://multibit.org/help/v0.5/help_exportingPrivateKeys.html
And import the priva  keys  in electrum wallet that you can download here https://electrum.org/#download and import your private key  here how http://docs.electrum.org/en/latest/faq.html#can-i-import-private-keys-from-other-bitcoin-clients

And wait to sync and check if your bitcoin is still there .

i heard that multibit is not updated so its not safe if you stay your bitcoin in that wallet..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████