Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:42:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How did the China-Banning turn out? (what is the state of it)  (Read 209 times)
Roccker (OP)

Activity: 264
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:04:14 PM

Hi there,

how did the China-Ban turn out?

They banned all crypto exchanges?
The miners can't sell their bitcoin anymore?

(i know the price of bitcoin rose)

The Case for Bitcoin:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4882599.msg43979219#msg43979219

[am a noob]
update 2018: not total newb anymore i guess- now turned megalomaniac
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:18:13 PM

Hi there,

Wrong. And wrong, again.
Let's take a look at the capital city Peking, where Huobi exchange is located. They do tether markets now.
Alipay (similar to PayPal? Anybody knows?) got used for over the counter trades. Localbitcoins seems thrieving. They even got their first competitor entering this segment.

However the initial ban made Yunbi close shops, so there has been some lasting damage done.
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:30:05 PM

Hi there,

A lot of smaller exchanges shut down. Yunbi's closure is a big loss to the altcoin markets. The larger exchanges (Huobi, Okcoin/Okex, BTCC) moved their operations out of China and to Hong Kong. The direction of the exchange market appears to be towards futures contracts markets and USD/Tether markets.

As for the mainland, things are still mostly being done OTC for now. I'm not sure how sustainable this is. I'm guessing that licensed exchanges will eventually be opened, but who knows? When it comes to the CCP, anything is possible.

Also, miners are not in the worst position. Their bitcoins are acceptable anywhere in the world, and there is demand to get CNY value out of China because of capital controls. They can easily sell BTC abroad and return the money to the mainland. Or they can charge a premium to those that want to escape capital controls.
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:44:20 PM

Hi there,

A lot of smaller exchanges shut down. Yunbi's closure is a big loss to the altcoin markets. The larger exchanges (Huobi, Okcoin/Okex, BTCC) moved their operations out of China and to Hong Kong. The direction of the exchange market appears to be towards futures contracts markets and USD/Tether markets.

As for the mainland, things are still mostly being done OTC for now. I'm not sure how sustainable this is. I'm guessing that licensed exchanges will eventually be opened, but who knows? When it comes to the CCP, anything is possible.

Also, miners are not in the worst position. Their bitcoins are acceptable anywhere in the world, and there is demand to get CNY value out of China because of capital controls. They can easily sell BTC abroad and return the money to the mainland. Or they can charge a premium to those that want to escape capital controls.

Well, in my analysis about it I think china people were into struggle selling their asset but the banning state really had overpower their current situations. Miners would have same positions to gain more bitcoin earning through transactions done by mining services, but the only problem is they're not directly earning for exchanges in their country but form abroad using online trading. It's much more costly if they charge for expensive premiums compared of the time that there's no banning scenario previous years ago.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: