Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:08:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nvidia volta  (Read 902 times)
Raziel__ (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Geniuses are always branded as crazy

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:23:39 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2017, 12:39:38 AM by Raziel__

Guys whats your prediction about nvidia volta for mining eth zcash and monero, hash rate/watts?
Your estimate about the price, and a release date.

This is madness. Prepare yourself miners, winter is here!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
baga105

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:38:32 PM

They said it will be availible on markets arround christmas if I'm not wrong..

Ass, Gas or Grass! No one rides for free!
Raziel__ (OP)

Activity: 76

Geniuses are always branded as crazy

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:54:06 AM

That is sooner than i expected, I was thinking that the gaming cards will hit around Feb. What do you think about hash rate?

This is madness. Prepare yourself miners, winter is here!
steve666

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:11:24 AM

Interesting, i'am also wondering how would be AMD Navi doing at mining... in fact there should be a progress in mining altcoins, how do y think?
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:06:44 AM

Due to the manufacturing process, Nvidia Volta should be even more overpiced than Pascal when it comes to performance/cost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op3h_bV3ohA

AMD Navi will retain the Vega architecture with improved power management. Should be a great mining card.
bk2000

Activity: 78

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:16:55 AM

Unbelievable the premiums on the current crop of cards are still massive.  Can't get a 1080ti under $700 anymore!

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
ssnova

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:14:14 AM

That is sooner than i expected, I was thinking that the gaming cards will hit around Feb. What do you think about hash rate?

I agree, I can't find the articles, but I recall the CEO of Nvidia saying that Volta gaming would be delayed and there was no need to rush anymore since RX Vega didn't pose any real competition for the 1080 Ti.  The high end gaming variant of Volta probably won't come out until late Spring 2018, much like it's predecessors.  And as it was stated earlier by another user, unless AMD responds accordingly, Nvidia will probably ask for one heck of a premium if their the only king on the hill.

We need AMD to put the pressure on Nvidia, bring on the price wars again.

As for performance, claims are like, "up to 123% over pascal", along those lines, but we'll see what that actually means when it comes out.
cryptocoinfarmer

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:44:35 PM

The competitor company BITMAIN with Tensor Computing Processor BM1680.
There are 2 models of them:

SC1                                                                                                                                          SC1+

shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 01:04:30 PM

We're expecting Nvidia will release it in around next February, but I think as AMD Vegas 56 and 64 were not really competitive with GTX 1070Ti and 1080Ti, so they may delayed, not official announcement but it should be around April-May.
Ryuh

Activity: 282
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:25:26 PM

I expect 10-20% better performance tops. nVidia does not need to make something 100% better than their older cards.
With close to no competition, they can every year or two release something little bit better than the previous product.
Why would they compete against their own card?

I really don't see the point make something twice better than your previous product when you have the best tech and nobody is close to you.
AMD needs to step up his game. Vega was disappointment.
mokrejbandita

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:47:22 PM

I expect 10-20% better performance tops. nVidia does not need to make something 100% better than their older cards.
With close to no competition, they can every year or two release something little bit better than the previous product.
Why would they compete against their own card?

I really don't see the point make something twice better than your previous product when you have the best tech and nobody is close to you.
AMD needs to step up his game. Vega was disappointment.
Dont think Vega was dissapointment in mining ... ~ 1930h/s at 160w is not that bad for cryptonote
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:09:04 PM

Weren't Volta gaming cards canceled? I thought they're not gonna make any of those and the next generation of Geforce cards will be announced in spring 2018 and will be based on Ampere architecture (with GDDR6 instead of HBM that's used for Volta).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: