Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 07:51:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp experiences  (Read 793 times)
drdops (OP)

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 03:18:32 PM

Just getting community feedback on bitstamp- speed of transactions,speed of receiving bitcoins and any other useful advice. I'm in Ireland and thinking of buying my first bitcoin to participate in a group buy for mining hardware.
iram1050

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 04:40:43 PM

I been using bitstamp almost every week so far no problems with bitstamp.  The speed is fast.
Hannibal

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 05:36:17 PM

Bitstamp is fast, no problems with me.
PurpleTentacle

Activity: 384
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 06:57:06 PM

I've been using bitstamp for a couple of months now and got nothing to complain about (yet). You can make sepa transfers to bitstamp which take about two days to show up in your account. The support in my experience is quick and helpful, at least on workdays. Make sure to setup 2FA and you'll be ok. Should a bitcoin withdrawal take too long to process (>1BTC & weekends/after office hours), cancel it and split it into many withdrawals of 0,7BTC or so.

AvaWoods

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 07:23:17 PM

I have used it before, I had no problems.

Bitstamp are fast and easy, go for it.
drdops (OP)

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 10:52:03 AM

Thanks guys.
Did a SEPA transfer so still waiting on that to go through.
One thing I am concerned about is whether they have 2 factor authentication specifically on the withdrawal section? Maybe they have and I cant see it yet due to having no funds registered. If they haven't it might be an idea for users to contact their support and request this be implemented-similiar to MtGox (who are doing it properly (as far as i can tell).
I contacted them already and they have already replied saying they will look into it.
andylondon

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 11:16:45 AM

Good. No problems with SEPA transfer, and no problems with Bitcoin withdraw.

If you want to monitor the price and get SMS alerts, using Bitstamp prices, check out www.bitcoinchimp.com.

Andy.
evilscoop

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 11:20:10 AM

I use bitstamp all the time...

sepa transfers have got faster, can do a transfer and get my coins out all within the same day now...

terrapinflyer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:31:00 PM

Okay so this may be stupid but I cannot understand how to make a deposit from the US. Could someone please explain the steps they take to make this happen? Once again I realize this may be really dumb but please indulge me.
paullinator

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 12:10:28 AM

Using from the US with no problems. I've been depositing USD via wire transfer and I usually get credited within a couple days. Withdrawals via bitcoin have had no issues. Post within a few minutes. Highly recommended.
terrapinflyer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 01:39:41 AM

I guess what Im asking is what are the steps involved in making a wire transfer? All the wires I have ever sent are WU and we did it for illicit transactions in the USA with no id required. All sums under $999, but Im assuming they want a bank wire.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: