Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 11:04:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Australian Built Avalon Mining Rigs. (Looking for Investors)  (Read 2005 times)
dadj (OP)

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 04:51:41 PM

Hi,

Who we are:
dadj, Bakhos & ub3rCoin

We are an Australian based group about to start production of Avalon based mining rigs.
We are placing an order for 10,000 chips + parts and are looking for financial investors.

The rigs will run at (320 chips per assembly @ 320 MH/s (overclocked)): 102.4 GH/s

Pricing: Roughly $7000 AUD fully assembled in Australia for a low QTY production run.
Approx: 13.38 MHs / AUD $
Approx: 1.316 Ghs / BTC
ETA: September

Option 1: Buy 102.4GH/s ASIC mining rig for 75 bitcoins

Option 2: Buy a portion of a unit in shares and receive income minus a 10% hosting fee
Example: Buy 1/100th of an Avalon for 0.75 BTC and receive 0.9% of the future bitcoins it mines.

Pros:
These are an exact duplicate of the current Avalon ASIC rig.

The units present a great GH/$ ratio and are much more effective compared to smaller 16 x ASIC or USB based hashing rigs.

The ASIC rigs will be developed based on Avalon's existing design using the design and manufacture files released on GitHub. We know the design works and don't want any possible delays from prototyping our own design.

We are experienced miners with investments in the Bitcoin space and have been already running Avalon mining rigs since batch one.

ETA for chips is Late Aug / early Sept.. If Avalon ship their chips with at an earlier date, this will reduce the delivery time.

Cons:
There is 10 week delay from order of ASICs.

Production:
To speed up production we will be ordering the PCBs and components before we receive the Avalon chips batch. This will ensure production will be ready to go as soon as the Avalon ASICs arrive.

We currently have the resources to populate, pick/place, inspect the units in-house. We are based in Chipping Norton (20 minutes from Sydney), with 2 x SMT lines.

You can feel free to visit and see how these are been manufactured.

Shipping costs will be based on investors location. No refunds after payment is made. Bitcoin accepted only.

If you are interested in buying a Rig, or hashing power please contact me via PM.
Escrow available.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
YOLOdice.comFast 1% Edge DiceAwesome ChartsFaucetPlay / InvestJOIN NOW!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
QuiveringGibbage

Activity: 617
Merit: 543

http://idontALT.com

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 07:14:42 AM

Hey dadj,

Interested.

So you haven't ordered any chips yet? Avalon's web site says they are sold out. Or you have and are expecting 10K chips to arrive "Late Aug / early Sept."?

100GH/s is based on air cooling? I thought a 4 module Avalon ran at 90GH/s? How do you account for the extra 10GH/s? Do you own a 4 module and have achieve these rates? What's the power consumption?

I'd like to know more about your teams experience. e.g. Who's your head Electrical Engineer? What practical experience does he have? I presume you have someone with programming experience too?

Will the progression of this project be base on number of investors? i.e. it will not go ahead unless you get a min. amount? or it will go ahead and production size will vary?

Soo many question... let start with the few above and work from there. I guess I should have come to that talk you gave at Port 80.

Cheers,
QG

Bitcoin is at the tippity top of the mountain...but it's really only half way up.. Wink
sprint347

Activity: 193

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 01:41:14 PM

How many $/kwhr do you pay?

Have you ordered the chips?

Do you have a manufacturer?
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 02:24:06 PM

So if I pay you to hash for me I am paying you about (+/-) $80-$90 USD per GH for device that will be delivered in September?
and if I buy the Rig I am paying about the same rate per GH $70-80 a GH?

BFL is $50 a GH probably for the same delivery time
and
KNC is $17 a GH for Sept/Oct delivery time.

I understand your cost just on Chips is about $2500 USD per unit

Just saying the days of 100% to 200% profit margins on hardware are getting hard to sell.

Best of luck on your project!
dadj (OP)

Activity: 178

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 03:12:04 PM

Hey dadj,

Interested.

So you haven't ordered any chips yet? Avalon's web site says they are sold out. Or you have and are expecting 10K chips to arrive "Late Aug / early Sept."?
Hi QG - yes, we haven't ordered the chips yet.

100GH/s is based on air cooling? I thought a 4 module Avalon ran at 90GH/s? How do you account for the extra 10GH/s? Do you own a 4 module and have achieve these rates? What's the power consumption?
Yes, air cooling. I own a 3 module and achieve around 65 GH/s running normal speed. Overclocked it gets to 70 GH/s but I only overclock to 300M. We arrive at 102.4 GH/s from 320 chips x 320M frequency. Power consumption would be in the 660w range from a standard PSU.

I'd like to know more about your teams experience. e.g. Who's your head Electrical Engineer? What practical experience does he have? I presume you have someone with programming experience too?
ub3rCoin is our EE. He has practical experience in circuit board design and modification and will post some pictures of circuits that he works on soon. He is also proficient with C.
Will the progression of this project be base on number of investors? i.e. it will not go ahead unless you get a min. amount? or it will go ahead and production size will vary?
Yes, production is dependant on investor interest. Chips will only be ordered if sufficient interest is here (and if they're still in stock!) Smiley

How many $/kwhr do you pay?
Dependent on various factors: pps or pool option / variance & future difficulty

Do you have a manufacturer?
We will be doing the manufacturing in-house. We have access to surface mount technology equipment and source our parts from Avnet, one of the most trusted electrical components suppliers.

So if I pay you to hash for me I am paying you about (+/-) $80-$90 USD per GH for device that will be delivered in September?
and if I buy the Rig I am paying about the same rate per GH $70-80 a GH?

BFL is $50 a GH probably for the same delivery time
and
KNC is $17 a GH for Sept/Oct delivery time.

I understand your cost just on Chips is about $2500 USD per unit

Just saying the days of 100% to 200% profit margins on hardware are getting hard to sell.

Best of luck on your project!
Thanks, we realise that the chip delays are the big hurdle from Avalon & BFL. We are not locking in with Avalon at this stage and are looking at BitFury chips as a better alternative. We have requested sample chips and will keep this thread updated on any news.

More information on BitFury can be found here: http://www.bitfury.org/index.html

YOLOdice.comFast 1% Edge DiceAwesome ChartsFaucetPlay / InvestJOIN NOW!
QuiveringGibbage

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 06:46:19 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2013, 07:39:32 AM by QuiveringGibbage

yo dadj,

I love to buy Aussie made but BlackArrow is offering $3500 USD, BYO chips and they will deliver in 14 days from receiving chips.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=248866.msg2641168#msg2641168

It just seems like a simpler purchasing process. I don't have to rely on other investors to commit

But shipping and taxes will be a problem.

QG

Bitcoin is at the tippity top of the mountain...but it's really only half way up.. Wink
QuiveringGibbage

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 07:38:51 AM

FYI, Avalon chip sales are back up.

So, what the interest like so far? 30 ordered? and you just need 1 more? Wink

QG

fungal

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:43:38 AM

Any updates on this, is it alive or dead?

I am sick of dealing with Chinese suppliers and how their dodgy business practices and claim translation issues when it comes to the product description.

So if it still is a go-er let us all know.

Please....  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: