Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:04:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Euthanasia  (Read 947 times)
moanamakeway (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:29:52 AM

Situational question
Being in a vegetative state or in a comatose state entails a lot of financial, physical and emotional sacrifices for the families of the patient.
Given the fact that someone close to you or you yourself is in a comatose state, will you allow for the "pulling of the plug" or will you fight for your life?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kava

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

https://saturn.black

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:28:18 AM

I'm not against euthanasia. Some people, seriously ill, dream to die as soon as possible, so as not to torment themselves and their relatives. I do not understand why it is banned in many countries of the world?

spongegar

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:47:42 AM

Situational question
Being in a vegetative state or in a comatose state entails a lot of financial, physical and emotional sacrifices for the families of the patient.
Given the fact that someone close to you or you yourself is in a comatose state, will you allow for the "pulling of the plug" or will you fight for your life?

If ever this happens to me. I would definitely pick pulling the plug than watch my loved ones suffer over me. I am technically living even with the assistance of machines to make me breath and beat my heart, endless tubes to feed me and dispose of my waste. But the quality as yo which I'm living is a far cry from that state. You could certainly describe a vegetable as a living corpse. If ever this happens to me, then i will gladly tell my loved ones to just pull the plug on me

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
mobilezz

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:01:38 AM

If a person wants to leave this world with the help of euthanasia, then what's wrong with that ?! Many simply do not understand how it is difficult for deadly sick people to live each day.

phreakk

Activity: 307

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:06:15 AM

Situational question

Depends... If I'm going to be blind, deaf, dumb and lose my arms & legs, I don't want to live anymore. I'd be completely disabled for the rest of my life, so I'd figure I'd end it as quickly as possible.
Though, if it's a comatose state one can get out of relatively unharmed, I'd not pull the plug. Why? It's a short, temporary state of being, not a long-term/permanent one.

Anyways, if I'm not able to commit suicide anymore for the rest of my life, I'll just end it ASAP. Euthanasia is OK in my opinion.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     █▀█▄              █▀ ▀█▄
     █  ▀█▄          ▄█     ▀█▄
     █    ▀█▄       █▀         ▀▄
     █       █▄   ▄█             ▀█▄
     █         ▀▄█▀                ▀█▄
     █          ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
     █         ██▌ █▄                ▄█▀
     █        █▌█▌   █▄            ▄▀
     █       ▐▌ █     ▀█▄       ▄█▀
     █      ▐█  █       ▀█▄   ▄█▀
     █      █  ▐█         ▀█▄▀
     █     █   ▐▌           ▀▄
     █    █   ▄▀ ▀█▄▄         ▀▄
     █   █▀ ▄█       ▀█▄▄       ▀▄
     █  █▌ █▀            ▀█▄▄     █▄
     █ ▐▌▄█                  ▀█▄▄  ▀█▄
     █▐██▀                       ▀█▄ ▀█▄
     ██▀                            ▀▀███
     █
RATEONIUM

GLOBAL BLOCKCHAIN BASED PRODUCT
██  ██
SERVICE RATING PLATFORM
██  ██

Twitter       Telegram     Reddit
█ RATE █    █ TRADE  █   █ INVEST █
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:48:12 AM

it is quite obvious that if someone doesn't want to live, shouldn't be forced. Who knows why there are laws in some countries against this. Perhaps medical centers "donate" (bribe) politicians so they can rip people off more. In countries with direct democracy like Switzerland, I believe is legal for a reason. It is quite an obvious thing.

It is a bit tricky when people can't express their wish to live or not. Then I believe should be the right of whomever finances their life to decide whether they should continue or not supporting them, which is also tricky if the money is shared like when it is your families money that you have ownership as well.

I personally would probably want to wait for some time to be sure that I won't recover. It isn't that rare that doctors are wrong, medicine is complicated.
Peeter_Cash

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:36:27 PM

I need euthanasia for a present
Blockgraham

Activity: 97

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:22:38 PM

Euthanasia isn't about relatives, it's about the patient. I do believe that if there is a serious illness that makes living impossibly tough, the plug can be "pulled". However, that's mainly about physical constituency. Mental breakdown isn't yet enough. So the patient had better make sure he's made up his mind based on irreversible facts.
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:00:34 PM

There is a big difference in being comatose or vegatative - in the first case you may awake, in the second not - provided that the electrical activity in your brain has ceased. In this case euthanasia is OK.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
pixelbtc

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:34:01 AM

If a person wants to leave this world with the help of euthanasia, then what's wrong with that ?! Many simply do not understand how it is difficult for deadly sick people to live each day.

Euthanasia is okay if the person who is ill decided to have it but if only the family decided it, I think it is quite different. There is a big difference between the will and the forced killed. Yes, it may be difficult or painful for us to see them suffered but if they don't want to die by force you should also respect them because it is their life after all. We have no right to take away that little hope from them to live more.
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:09:32 AM

Situational question

I actually think that it is a case to case basis. I am all up for fighting to live especially that the person is in a coma. however we must also understand that for some cases it is inevitable and that must worth or mean something. Or if not it would just make the hurden heavier
China8888

Activity: 112
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:35:55 AM

I ca only imagine the pain and long suffering of some. I can tell you for free, I will not suffer long in the last days of my life on earth. I will either end it myself or someone will do it for me, hopefully
congresowoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:05:38 AM

I ca only imagine the pain and long suffering of some. I can tell you for free, I will not suffer long in the last days of my life on earth. I will either end it myself or someone will do it for me, hopefully
This is tragic. This is suicide isnt it? I will fight for my life and for the life of my l8ved ones. Who knows a miracle might happen when ypu least expect it. Never mind the finances as long as there is a God, then there is hope.

citizenh-ssd

Activity: 187

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:02:07 AM

This is tragic. This is suicide isnt it? I will fight for my life and for the life of my l8ved ones. Who knows a miracle might happen when ypu least expect it. Never mind the finances as long as there is a God, then there is hope.
What to do when there's no hope for salvation and for a miracle? Not everyone is able to fight for his life until the end, knowing that the chances of survival is zero.

bitonix

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:26:40 AM

Situational question

Personally, I doubt if i will or recommend someone close to me to get involved in that. Neither will i commit money for such excersize which i deem as vain.  The solution to mans problem lies in God and not all that
diegz

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:45:22 AM

If the family could still finance the situation, why not.

I myself, if I am in that condition, or before that happen, I will prepare my family, I would tell them that if I reach that point, they should pull the plug. I will be useless and they will be wasting a lot of money on me, not to mention the burden that I will give them once I get out of the hospital.

It is hard to decide when you are the family member and not the patient itself. We can't deny the fact that we are expecting something will happen or the patient might be well after a while.

Jarx

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:59:49 AM

Situational question

I will accept the thing you accurately called "pulling of the plug". There is some situations when it's a best choice. At least half of comatose patients are staying alive only cause of their relatives's will, just because their relatives hiding in the cold shadow of illusion their lover/father/mother/son etc. are still alive. If there is no chance to survive in other way it's a crime to force people living like a "vegetable" state. Shame on you, people !
But if there is a chance, even the smallest one, that the patient can survive, can move back to normal state, then you shouldn't stop trying and believing. But only in that case.
MostHigh

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:08:08 AM

Situational question
This is a million dollar question and you sincerely got me thinking. But frankly i ve learnt to knew words from your post and i am really grateful. Sometimes the situation looks hopeful, or the family knows the person they dealing with. There are real fighters and if the family wonna hold on then i trust its in it right position
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:57:55 AM

agree. everyone has freedom of choice. and no one should blame for it
longyenthanh

Activity: 1221

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:25:28 PM

If someone is ill and has no chance of cure it can make such a decision. Living in constant pain is terrible.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀