Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:14:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Euthanasia  (Read 939 times)
WannaCry

Activity: 742
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:46:58 PM

Situational question
Being in a vegetative state or in a comatose state entails a lot of financial, physical and emotional sacrifices for the families of the patient.
Given the fact that someone close to you or you yourself is in a comatose state, will you allow for the "pulling of the plug" or will you fight for your life?

This is a tough case because it's about choosing life and debt. If I see that the person I love is fighting for his life, I would still fight with him. Why do I need to pull the plug if we can still fight cor his life? Regardless of the expences , emotionall and physical sacrifices. Miracle happens anywhere and everywhere if we just believe. It will happen if we just believe.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YajairaSN

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:44:05 PM

Now people thanks to treatment live to such a stage of the disease when the pain becomes unbearable. For them death indeed for good as a release from torment.
markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:12:00 PM

First concern is that, How can you decide wether to pull the plug or not when you are in a comatose? Is is that your closest relatives or your family will make that decision? Even though my body is fighting to live the chances or possibilty of waking up is questionable. If only I could kill myself when I'm in that state then I'd probably do it, so that I won't prolong the sorrow and the burden that my family is carrying.

If a friend of mine is in that state, It would be hard decision to make not only that I would be so sad for the family of my friend but also the fact that a person closest to me is fighting for his/her life. But If I were to decide, I'll put into consideration all the factors before the I make the decision. If the family is can cater the expenses then I'll choose not to pull the plug and wait for a miracle but if the family is already in debt and somehow struggling I would choose to pull the plug, without any hesitation even the family disagrees it would be for their own good.
zngit

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:36:35 PM

can't explain what is the reason to all purposes to decide and to do it. Unless the patient requested to do it maybe I should do but it is my conscience forever. I can't say the exact things to do because it is so hard even the patient requested. Unless that is my enemys request I will. This topic hang on my mind if I where on the situation maybe I can't decide for real.
ApocalypseNow

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:56:37 AM

I just let them rest if he's suffering for too long. I know it's  hard for any family to let their close one go but it's the best for all of them.
Palmholder

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:15:52 AM

I beleive that current situation is unfair. Modern state constitution law provides "right to live" but does not provide "right to die". Government wants slaves to live anyway because they push finansial system, pay taxes, authorities dont care if slaves suffer. However anyone can make decision to live or die obviously

Ginosaur15

Activity: 132

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:52:29 AM

Euthanasia or also known as mercy killing is illegal. Ib don't if I'll be against it or not because I'm thinking about it when one of my family is on coma situation and have small chance to survive, I'll fight for that small chance. And if I'm on that situation that have small chance to survive, I want to end it because I don't want my family suffer seeing me on that situation.

pombur

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 05:45:17 AM

Euthanasia is necessary. On the one hand, huge money is spent on maintaining a lifestyle with another flour of loved ones and the life of the patient: lying in a coma and nothing to realize - that life will call, and if you just paralyzed, so it is generally quiet horror...
shaun98

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:06:54 AM

I'm not against it, but the decision should be in the hands of the person in a comatose state. Don't think anyone has the right to put a person to death, without their consent.

Don_Juego

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:39:30 PM

I tell u a story
One man wanted to die, but had no brave to do it himself. Huh Cause of unexplained circumstances Huh he put an announcement to the newspaper where he told that he was in search of smbd who would kill him and then eat the remains. He suggested a big payment for this service. And there was another man, who respond to this announcement. Two men negotiated to implement the plan. Everything turned round perfectly.
Police catch the "cannibal" and imprisoned him. He will die into prison.
In my mind, if u wanna die and have rational base under your desire nobody shold stopps u.
u or smbd trustworthy do may choose various ways
bitroxis

Activity: 122

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:47:02 PM

I also agree that euthanasia should be legal. People should be allowed to end their own life in extreme situations - but only after a psychiatrist ruled out schizophrenia, depression and other psychiatric conditions that can lead to suicide.

Loveydovey04

Activity: 392
Merit: 123

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:57:10 PM

Well, it is indeed difficult to decide and much more if the person is so loved dearly by you but, if i were to be asked what am i going to do, if i had been given zero hopes, i will not fight for the persons life if i dont have the means to fight and pursue the treatment but i will not for sure agree to pull the plug. May it never be in my hand and in my decision. I will let God decide for everything after all He is the giver of this life.

CryptoClyde

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:05:12 PM

I am very much for euthanasia and assisted suicide for the terminally ill. I have also already spoken to all my loved ones, and have told them to pull the plug on my if I ever end up in a vegetative state.

I don't think it's fair to force people to suffer day after day. Some people just don't want to hurt anymore, and they don't want to put any more financial strain on their families. Why do we force people to continue living half lives? People aren't meant to live forever. It's great that we have all these medical advances in society, but someday we are going to have to stop being so terrified of death, and realize that death has it's place and purpose too.
CryptoKyddie

Activity: 182
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:21:34 PM

I agree with many of the replies here. Depends on the severity and the impact to the persons quality of life. Why suffer unending pain? Why prolong the death? Who benefits from all this, sounds pretty selfish to me to make people carry on when nature doesn't want them to.
Goethe

Activity: 99
Merit: 36

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:48:15 PM

It is a free choice.I sow a lot of people to suffer and stay in an hell,every woman or man have decide about is life without any restriction,because we born free and we have to choose how leave this world,none can decide for us.
Bitbratt

Activity: 198

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:56:35 PM

No will not kill the one i love. If i lack the means to fight for his survival then just let it be but i cant end a person’s life. First i am not the giver of that life so i cannot take it also.
saffira

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:32:14 PM

Situational question
Being in a vegetative state or in a comatose state entails a lot of financial, physical and emotional sacrifices for the families of the patient.
Given the fact that someone close to you or you yourself is in a comatose state, will you allow for the "pulling of the plug" or will you fight for your life?

It depends on people. But for me, in case I am in that state, I'd rather pull the plug. I do not want to be my family burden. I know i will not go further so why should i continue to stay. In such case, i thought that it is better to die than survive and will just suffer the pain every minute of the rest of our life.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:21:41 PM

Situational question
Financially, I think it would be very wise to pull the plug especially if there is no chance that there is going to any recovery whatsoever, until there the last measure is exhausted I think they should keep the patient still alive no matter what state that he/she is in.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
reymartH

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:15:49 AM

The goals of the medical profession should continue to remain one of saving lives but this should not be at the expense of compassion and a terminally ill individual's right to choose to end his or her life and die with dignity.
congresowoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:09:38 AM

If the family is can cater the expenses then I'll choose not to pull the plug and wait for a miracle but if the family is already in debt and somehow struggling I would choose to pull the plug, without any hesitation even the family disagrees it would be for their own good.

Financial constraints is a huge consideration when it comes to situations like this. Even though the patient already is suffering due to being in a coma state, if the family is nit willing to let go and also has the capacity of paying hospital dues, then might as well just prolong the life of the patient. But going back, we must also take into consideration the situation and difficulty of living of the patient itself.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: