Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:54:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Introduction/ASICMiner Erupter USB Question  (Read 454 times)
subarct1c (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 09:22:43 PM

I've been surfing these forums for awhile now but never bothered to make an account as I never had anything to include in a post or any questions that weren't already answered here.

Lately I have been looking into purchasing a few of the ASICMiner Erupter USB's from one of the group buys on the forums which made me realize I actually need an account to do so. I wanted to pose the question here to see if they are even worth purchasing and if so who people here tend to trust with the purchases.

Thanks in advanced!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jago25_98

Activity: 900
Merit: 1000

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 11:22:48 AM

I did a group buy. I trusted because there was use of PGP and so forth signing who gets what etc.

I did only buy 1 though.

What I don't understand is why people get them. They're about $90 for one and I make about $0.03 cents merged mining off of mine which I expect probably doesn't cover the cost of electric running off a Raspberry Pi so there's need to have use of whatever system it's plugged into or buy more of them.

Surely all these people buying so many of them are making a loss.

It's a funny thing how the mining has changed. We started off in a decentralised manner with everybody able to mine and now it's more a case of - can you find the ASIC cheaper and before everybody else does (BFL probably the winner here).

Anyone with a Erupter seems to me to be supporting the decentralisaton but its at a cost to them. hmm... this is weakening BTC don't we think?

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: