Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:01:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Goes Up while volumes stay constant, is it a bubble?  (Read 423 times)
BillCoin (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:51:21 PM

Seems like the price goes up but the volume at the exchanges almost remain the same.

All it comes to show that most of the people just hold the bitcoins and won't sell it at any price, seems like a religious thing.

Bitcoin goes up and nobody releases it, less bitcoins in circulation, volume stays constant, and price keeps going up, BUT what is going to happen if bitcoin will start going down, will all the people who hold it will decide that maybe it's the time to sell and we will see an huge decrease in price?

A very red alert is that volumes remain so low, what do you think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:28:20 PM

Seems like the price goes up but the volume at the exchanges almost remain the same.

All it comes to show that most of the people just hold the bitcoins and won't sell it at any price, seems like a religious thing.

Bitcoin goes up and nobody releases it, less bitcoins in circulation, volume stays constant, and price keeps going up, BUT what is going to happen if bitcoin will start going down, will all the people who hold it will decide that maybe it's the time to sell and we will see an huge decrease in price?

If everyone starts selling at once, the price will crash. The thing that makes it so hard to predict when and if this will happen is that Bitcoin is not mainstream yet so it is just at the beginning of gaining traction as an investment. This could mean that more investors are going to want to buy Bitcoin so demand may be rising. If demand is rising, then I can’t see a reason for a crash yet. It could be months or years before the demand drops off.
eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:48:02 PM

If everyone starts selling at once, the price will crash. The thing that makes it so hard to predict when and if this will happen is that Bitcoin is not mainstream yet so it is just at the beginning of gaining traction as an investment. This could mean that more investors are going to want to buy Bitcoin so demand may be rising. If demand is rising, then I can’t see a reason for a crash yet. It could be months or years before the demand drops off.

If bitcoin goes mainstream and we start seeing huge real life usage, I see no reason why bitcoin will end up crashing. The huge value that comes from easy transaction is there and if the scaling issue is solved probably from LN's deployment, then it would make bitcoin extremely fast and transaction fees low which would make it even more usable. With this and people holding, the demand will increase higher than the supply and of course the value increases too. If anyone wants to dump at that stage should just know there are so many people looking for a very low price and they will gladly take good care of the investment better than the previous holder did.
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:35:32 PM

There's no point in selling bitcoin at any price, because we have never seen anything like this, therefore trying to put a right price tag on it is futile.

BTC is the backbone of the network that will make instant free payments a reality: The lightning network. By being a stakeholder of BTC, you can provide liquidity to this network and make passive income: finally you will be able to receive dividends of sorts by holding BTC, whih will make it even more valuable.

BTC is going to follow Berkshire Hattaway type A super stock type of development, once people realize these facts.
trobin

Activity: 177
Merit: 102

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:33:31 PM

If people panic as you suggested then for sure we will see a huge drop in the price of bitcoin, something like that would be triggered by some sort of negative news I suspect. It's always been the risk with bitcoin is that because of the supply people are so incentivised to hold and the price can rise artificially, eventually a point will come where people sell off and then we will see widespread chaos.

tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:27:57 PM

It's obvious that most of the bitcoin users are keeping their coins for the long-term. But holding bitcoins isn't a 'religious thing' like you're calling it, most people prefer to use btc as an asset for long-term invesment so it is normal that they're not going to sell anytime soon, holding bitcoins provides long-term profits so why would they sell their coins? some other people don't sell their coins because they use it to buy stuff, nowadays you can buy a whole lot of stuff with btc, so again, so why would they sell their coins? especially if you already use it for payment.
If there's a huge decrease, people won't simply get rid of their coins, yes there's going to be panic sell, but those same people who have been holding btc for a long time will most likely buy more btc during the dip, as it should be.

Also, can we stop with the 'bubble' nonsense? even if you don't believe it is a bubble, all you're doing when you put 'bubble' in the title of this thread is spread FUD, even if you didn't mean to do it, and one way or another you're scaring Away newcomers and btc newbies away. Do the community a favor and stop spreading this rubbish.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:07:33 PM

The volume is still at the same rates, and it would not change unti bitcoin goes bearish again.

Maybe if there are some bad news for bitcoin and good news for ethereum or bitcoin cash, then there would be more volume because people would start to dump their coins in order to buy those coins that have been hyped ( in this case, ethereum or bitcoin cash)

But no, hell no,it is not a bubble, how many times are you guys going to repeat the same question?

It has already been answered before tons of times, even thousands of times too, it is not a bubble, it is not yet.

Hello
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:33:52 PM

I don't think the volume is still low and this is definitely not a warning or "red alert" thing. On the contrary, it's the same and if someone's gonna argue, it is greater than the past few days. The people who has been hodling it right now will not sell their stack of BTC because it dipped and most probably will still hodl it until it reached their target price. These are the ones who are disciplined and don't get emotional when it comes to trading.

And again, please, don't call this a bubble. We are way way far from it and I don't think it will happen in the near future. This just shows that more people are accommodating BTC and recognizes its true worth as a store of value.  Grin
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:27:28 AM

I already got all my money back when it it was $1200. Now you'll have to pry what's left from my cold dead hands private keys.
BillCoin (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:27:12 AM

I already got all my money back when it it was $1200. Now you'll have to pry what's left from my cold dead hands private keys.

That's exactly the point I am aiming to represent here.

You can never know when the bubble is going to explode, it could be even at 15K-16K, but at almost 10K per bitcoin, I am pretty sure that there is not a lot of space to climb before the big fall.

A lot of fool money enters the market, people who has never heard about bitcoin, take a loan and just buy huge amounts of bitcoins, they don't even know how the system works but they take a LOAN!.
If I were new to bitcoin, I wouldn't be joining at that point.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: