Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:25:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU mining is dead now.  (Read 17993 times)
SirMintALot

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

In POS we trust

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 06:07:46 AM

OK, all off now  Grin

Not keen for the other SHA-256 and scrypt coins? It could be worth your while because the returns are a little better. BTC will rise again, how often would you usually cash out anyway?
Mining other SHA-256 is becoming useless too. With the the price drop of BTC some people started mining PPC with their ASICs  Roll Eyes Network hashrate went up to 4.36 Th/s in the last days, making it harder to earn PPC with GPU only.  Undecided

Mining Litecoin is also a bad idea now when you don't have a big cluster of GPUs:

BTC: 142BHpdq4wey7PC3Cp5QiUoshF19u3yvHN LTC: LbiEUDYjohwpXnv1Gd4LvdGr1Jr1M5Usjc NMC: N3eeYkWqeLFWBJRmS3WyU1zz6WgKkjEVtb
IXC: xtR8uc2EFGWFJgrVEgZZ5yvRsWKhwAg8ZH DVC: 18oVWfSqHjvhJEuHHxsDpCfBeDMuLWyh5p CLR: CGZGWW16sooX69PJBEtJH2Xmo4KFupkow7
PPC: PLJ5uzFw21FkKdSrmfccT3MqubSfSB4soE YAC: Y7FM89AiFhWKBcXh2BzzRaw4eUAYkreXbs LBW: 5ygEWM7dMjeUV2sBeppTvkTTXCkeREKqf2
I0C: jatiogvXJYhK7auegbjPnQRV3kQgFvz482 JPU: JE7fhhPfP1Kjyd1hj8zevNsf7THeMqHo6A NVC: 4Hvecu2fzC2rCwYbKBeYXr8y9pdAZLFZHH

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 06:25:27 PM

The USB ASICs are actually becoming more of a bargain now, at $65 USD...

With this price drop, I'm extremely tempted to purchase $5k USD worth of coins @ ~$70/BTC and order another 50 sticks for my farm from AM... Having a hard time rationalizing parting with my mined coins lately, and would rather sit on them than spend them.
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 07:11:44 PM

The USB ASICs are actually becoming more of a bargain now, at $65 USD...

With this price drop, I'm extremely tempted to purchase $5k USD worth of coins @ ~$70/BTC and order another 50 sticks for my farm from AM... Having a hard time rationalizing parting with my mined coins lately, and would rather sit on them than spend them.

They haven't raised their price to compensate for the currency drop? I'm suprised. Unless, they were anticipating another price drop and are just doing by holding the same bitcoin price. This is probably going to drive the eBay sellers crazy.
davecoin

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 07:20:42 PM

ASICMINER has always sold their mining equipment for BTC. One BTC a week ago, a month ago, a year ago, is still one BTC today.
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868

ADT developer

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 07:30:16 PM

ASICMINER has always sold their mining equipment for BTC. One BTC a week ago, a month ago, a year ago, is still one BTC today.

this price drop makes the 330mh usb miners more affordable  Smiley

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 07:49:51 PM

doesn't change the fact that those things can't make roi, if we speak about the same value
Trongersoll

Merit: 501

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 08:04:09 PM

doesn't change the fact that those things can't make roi, if we speak about the same value

Face it, ROI is a myth, an unobtainable dream. Its a good thing most people don't seem to care and are still mining away.

*Grabs his GPU off the donkey drawn cart* BBut it's not Dead yet!!!
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868

ADT developer

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 08:57:45 PM

Face it, ROI is a myth, an unobtainable dream. Its a good thing most people don't seem to care and are still mining away.

what are you talking about ?

my rigs paid for them selves in less than 90 days and I have nearly 50k of gpus  Smiley

moiraine

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 02:40:48 PM

my rigs paid for them selves in less than 90 days and I have nearly 50k of gpus  Smiley
He means roi is unobtainable now.
I'm just glad I got 2 free 7970s and free electricity for a few months out of mining, as it looks like anyone who decides to set up a rig now is doomed.
andydabeast

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 03:40:24 PM

He means roi is unobtainable now.
I'm just glad I got 2 free 7970s and free electricity for a few months out of mining, as it looks like anyone who decides to set up a rig now is doomed.

yea if you get an awesome deal then it may get roi. I mine litecoin and just found a 6950 on craigslist for $100 so I'll mine a bit then flip it on ebay and ittl go for like 150 at least. Hard to find deals like that tho. I have a friend who I am trying to convince that it's not a good time to dump 2400 into a rig. I wish I had gotten into this a year before I did.

make your BTC grow!
https://btc-arbs.com/referral/andydabeast
sharing is caring! LTC- Ld9dvgz5UfSpNXKNXHe766huw2dxi9iTWL
#Darren

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 04:59:36 AM

Bitcoin mining is 50% less profitable than Litecoin mining right now, see coinchoose.com

Please explain to us how you think that litecoin is more profitable than bitcoin?
50% is such a nice even rounded number, that I'd like to know how you mathematically reached it.

That website does not compare BTC to litecoin.

I used a litecoin calculator and found that it earns less coin and less USD per GPU.

I am NOT using "room to grow" speculation.
Speculation is guessing.  Guessing is not fact.
Lets talk about today, not the hypothetical future.

Crypto is a speculative scene.  It's all speculation to me.

████████████████
   ████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████   ███████████████████
█████████████████        ███████████████
█████████████████          █████████████
█████████████████            ████████████
█████████████████             ███████████
█████████████████              ██████████
█████████████████              ██████████
█████████████████            ███████████
█████████████████          █████████████
█████████████████      ███████████████
█████████████████ ████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
     █████████████████
          ████
DIA | OPEN ACCESS FINANCIAL DATA
sal002

Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 12:01:42 PM

Bitcoin mining is 50% less profitable than Litecoin mining right now, see coinchoose.com

Please explain to us how you think that litecoin is more profitable than bitcoin?
50% is such a nice even rounded number, that I'd like to know how you mathematically reached it.

That website does not compare BTC to litecoin.

I used a litecoin calculator and found that it earns less coin and less USD per GPU.

I am NOT using "room to grow" speculation.
Speculation is guessing.  Guessing is not fact.
Lets talk about today, not the hypothetical future.

Crypto is a speculative scene.  It's all speculation to me.

Litecoin is compared to Bitcoin on Coinchoose.  It does look better to mine Litecoin and convert to Bitcoin than mining Bitcoin directly.
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 11:16:56 PM

Alt coins are also dead, Litecoin is the last to go down but it's going and will be gone soon.

Why do you say that? Litecoin is currently ASIC proof so there will be a lot of GPU workers going there over the next few months, also it is small but steadily growing, much like Bitcoin was. Once MtGox starts trading LTC we'll see a lot more market validation.

Right now, using GPU mining, LITEcoin is LESS profitable than BTC.
BTC is already not profitable for people to get into.  GPUs cost too much, use too much power, and don't earn enough.
They earn even LESS money than BTC. 

I checked the exchange rate for Litecoin with my mining power, and I make more mining BTC.
Yet I shut down my miners because it isn't enough to bother with.

Therefore Litecoin was dead before it ever went mainstream.  Much like HD-DVD back when that was competing against Bluray disks.

Bitcoin was in the news, on TV, on talkshows, mentioned by the black market.
Nobody cares about Litecoin but people that don't yet know that they are burning out their CPUs and GPUs on a dying currency.
Sure they can make $10 USD a month mining litecoin, but that is foolish when they could make $15 a month on BTC currently.

Overheating my house and burning up my GPUs is no longer worth the little $150 I get after the power bill.
Anyone doing litecoin is terrible at math and or accounting.

Litecoin is totally dead.

BTC is alive.

taco dont bother he has BTC religious issues.... Its been pointed out 8 times and still living on the banks of a river in egypt !!

..lolz

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: