Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:31:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Had you got on board in 2009 would you have blown it?  (Read 202 times)
gentlemand (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:23:28 PM

I know this is an impossible question, but I want you to look deep into your hearts and be honest with yourselves, no blagging.

Had you stumbled across BTC in 2009 and done a little mining would you have stuck with it or retained whatever coins you did mine?

Bear in mind that it was literally worthless and mining made your computer produce vile noises and would eventually probably break something consumer grade.

I've seen numerous posts from people who did mine in the very early days and deleted everything shortly after as they regarded it as a waste of time with no future, and at certain points it really did look like it was going to slide into nothing.

I for one am extremely anal about any type of file so I no doubt would have retained whatever crap I picked up over the years on the internet including a wallet.dat. What of you?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:36:20 PM

I know this is an impossible question, but I want you to look deep into your hearts and be honest with yourselves, no blagging.

Had you stumbled across BTC in 2009 and done a little mining would you have stuck with it or retained whatever coins you did mine?

Bear in mind that it was literally worthless and mining made your computer produce vile noises and would eventually probably break something consumer grade.

I've seen numerous posts from people who did mine in the very early days and deleted everything shortly after as they regarded it as a waste of time with no future, and at certain points it really did look like it was going to slide into nothing.

I for one am extremely anal about any type of file so I no doubt would have retained whatever crap I picked up over the years on the internet including a wallet.dat. What of you?

If I had stumbled upon it in 2009 and mined it I would have definitely kept it with me. but to be honest I don't think I would have held it until 2016-2017 provided I mined and forgot about it. because holding it and seeing it going up and down I would not have been able to resist myself and probably would have sold when it reached 1$ or 2.
Macadonian

Activity: 467
Merit: 578

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:37:25 PM

Yeah probably. I would either sold at a earlier date or I would gambled it all away. unless i had hundreds of bitcoin then maybe I would of kept some.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16587

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 01:43:42 PM

I keep telling myself I would have blown it, so it doesn't really matter that I didn't join when I first read about Bitcoin... It softens the sorrow a bit Tongue

Every piece of Bitcoin I ever sold would have been worth more now too. I sold the few altcoins I had 2 years ago, long before altcoins went up 100-fold or more. This has taught me I'm very bad at timing when to sell, which lead to my current "system": I sell a fraction when it's up enough. My reasoning: if it drops afterwards, well, at leave I have something! And if it continues going up, well, at least I only sold a fraction. This gives me (some) peace of mind.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: