Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:19:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Recover wallet through public address/possibly private + password?  (Read 670 times)
Farer (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 07:13:30 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2017, 07:27:58 PM by Farer

Since reformatting your phone, did you continue using the phone? And did you write much data to it?

There is a chance, albeit small that the wallet was not overwritten when you formatted your phone, you might be able to use a data recovery program (e.g Recuva) to retrieve the old wallet file.

For now, stop using the phone as the more you use it, the higher the chance it gets overwritten.

I'd say casually. I don't do something crazy with my phone. Phone calls and surfing on the web when need be & listen to music. That's about it I think.

Thank you for the info! How would I proceed to use Recuva on my phone?

You could just take the SD card out of the phone, and use Recuva on your computer to try and recover the files. This will likely be quicker as recovery processes with a deep scan can take hours depending on the side of the card. Just make sure you demount the card properly to avoid corruption and give the best chance of recovering any files which may be on there.

I succeeded to make it work on my SD card but not on my internal storage. When I choose the internal storage option on Android, the drive doesn't appear on Recuva. Whereas if I choose mass storage (only external) it appears.

I'm trying to recover the SD card first because I'm not entirely sure whether the backup was saved on internal or SD.

Edit: not on the SD card. Checked all the files. Now how do I get it to recognize my internal slot?
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Farer (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:03:13 PM

https://imgur.com/a/5nB8M
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:10:48 PM

Since reformatting your phone, did you continue using the phone? And did you write much data to it?

There is a chance, albeit small that the wallet was not overwritten when you formatted your phone, you might be able to use a data recovery program (e.g Recuva) to retrieve the old wallet file.

For now, stop using the phone as the more you use it, the higher the chance it gets overwritten.

I'd say casually. I don't do something crazy with my phone. Phone calls and surfing on the web when need be & listen to music. That's about it I think.

You could just take the SD card out of the phone, and use Recuva on your computer to try and recover the files. This will likely be quicker as recovery processes with a deep scan can take hours depending on the side of the card. Just make sure you demount the card properly to avoid corruption and give the best chance of recovering any files which may be on there.

I succeeded to make it work on my SD card but not on my internal storage. When I choose the internal storage option on Android, the drive doesn't appear on Recuva. Whereas if I choose mass storage (only external) it appears.

I'm trying to recover the SD card first because I'm not entirely sure whether the backup was saved on internal or SD.

Edit: not on the SD card. Checked all the files. Now how do I get it to recognize my internal slot?

You'll need to enable mass storage on the device, this should be available in settings if you're using android. I'm not sure if it's possible on iOS.
Farer (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:24:11 PM

You'll need to enable mass storage on the device, this should be available in settings if you're using android. I'm not sure if it's possible on iOS.

Mass storage mode (MSC) is only for the SD card. I've used it to recover deleted files on it. As for the internal card, I have to use debugging mode which I turned it on and use the "transfer files" (MTP) but the phone doesn't show up in Recuva for some reason
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:53:19 PM

Mass storage mode (MSC) is only for the SD card. I've used it to recover deleted files on it. As for the internal card, I have to use debugging mode which I turned it on and use the "transfer files" (MTP) but the phone doesn't show up in Recuva for some reason
Try this;

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/use-your-android-phone-as-wireless-flash-drive-for-windows-mac-0174599/

If that doesn't work, try fonepaw instead, this appears to be specifically designed for Android recovery.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: