Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:10:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternate coins to Bitcoins  (Read 620 times)
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:29:09 PM

Is there any coin which can give or is giving a tough competition to Bitcoin ?

Nothing really "competes" with bitcoin unless you are talking about another coin competing for the attention of the same miners.
There are plenty of coins that rise more quickly than bitcoin, the problem being that they fall quickly as well - and unless you are good at trading and spotting the next big opportunity, there is a lot of risk involved in the lesser coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:31:49 PM

there is no altc that can rival btc, it's just some altc can continue to accompany btc and can be potentially good for future assets. eth, dash, ltc, xrp, xmr and waves.
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:33:41 PM

What do you mean with tough competition? I don't think there is any other coin trying to compete with bitcoin anymore. Ethereum is a platform to invest in ICOs, so it's not competing with bitcoin. Then we have the tokens that "were born" from those ICOs, and end up being utility tokens, and they all have many different objectives, but again they are not competing with bitcoin. We also have the coins that want to act as digital cash, and from my point of view, these coins are also not competing with bitcoin. BTC is becoming digital gold, and there is no other coin that is trying to become an asset like this, and does not even has the potencial for that. I'm not saying other coins are not good. There are plenty of good coins out there, but they are not competing with bitcoin.

Risotto

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:41:03 PM

Yes 2nd place ethereum, it prices higher than all altcoins
There is always such a possibility but hard
Ethereum is going well but if bitcoin doesn't stop
nothing will change
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:47:43 PM

Ethereum is one of those alternative coins that shows great potential for profit. As of now, eth is pumping and hopefully will continue to pump. Although, a dump is expected to occur, its price hike will be significant and noticeable.

luffare

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:32:29 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2017, 02:07:34 PM by luffare

I've read carefully all the posts in this thread and almost everybody tells there is no tough competitor/alternative to YOUR CRYPTOMAJESTY - BTC.
Maybe some day ETHERIUM gonna be a king but not the  next couple of years. Nowadays BTC is a reference sample in the cryptoworld like USD in fiat. Hope a little bit later BTC or another more progressive cryptocurrency will become a standard in the fiat/cryptocurrency world. Amen!  Wink

P.S. Ask anybody not here at our forum but in the real world "what cryptocurrency is #2 in the world?".
98% won't answer.
But if you question about crytpocurrency #1, I'm sure, everybody and everyone will answer:"BTC!!!"
IMHO, nowadays it's reason #1 in such an overwhelming growth of the first cryptocurrency.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:43:19 PM

right now, i don't see any coin that has the chance to compete with bitcoin to be honest. the closes thing could have been bitcoin cash but since the community doesn't want it, it will fail in its attempts to compete with bitcoin.

the rest of the altcoins each have some kind of issue, some serious issues and some fixable but all of them have something that prevents them from coming close to bitcoin.
you would be surprised to see how many of them actually have worse scaling issues than bitcoin!

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:53:37 PM

There are good performers altcoin like litecoin and ethereum but I don't think they should be consider as tough competitor of bitcoin because so far none of them were able to meet the price increase bitcoin has ever had in its history though these alts increase in value but not good enough as bitcoin aside from that their demand is not as high as bitcoin, maybe in the future if this alts will continue to grow and appreciate.
carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:58:18 PM

Ethereum is one of those alternative coins that shows great potential for profit. As of now, eth is pumping and hopefully will continue to pump. Although, a dump is expected to occur, its price hike will be significant and noticeable.
Yes ethereum has the ability that alternate to bitcoin and other altcoins. Ethereum of being competitive in the market for long now. So it is the coin that is very active and many users to its platform.
CryptBoy:)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:00:25 PM

I would say Litecoin/Ethereum  Smiley
ngerok

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:05:10 PM

I think the closest rival to Bitcoin is Ethereum because Ethereum is a nice and very stable coin like Bitcoin.
hASHmETAL

Activity: 75

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:07:15 PM

It's BTG - Bitcoin Gold which can replace BTC over time.. participate or just keep watching...
Glory90

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:26:21 PM

so far I have not found Alts that gives a tough competition in terms of value and trading volume but in terms of transactions, Ethereum processed 44% more transactions than Bitcoin, it proves that Ethereum has successfully defeated Bitcoin in terms of the most use of transactions

▰▰▰   Ex-Bounty Hunter   ▰▰▰
LaLuna

Activity: 259

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:31:45 PM

Bitcoin is just bullish!
leslie4u

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:36:14 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2017, 04:14:57 PM by leslie4u

Not sure what happened but I saw my post updated twice. Wanted to delete one of them but got a message stating deletion no allowed, hence, thought of editing the post.

Sorry about the duplicate. The forum site was slow and perhaps that had something to do with it. Not sure though.

Here is an extract from my original post-

There are many coins which stand close to BTC, however, we cannot compare BTC with any coins or vice versa. It would be wrong to do so as each coin has its own characteristics and platform to play on. I love AltCoin especially POS because I feel POS is the future. However different people have different opinions.

Whatever the case may be, I love this Crypto world.
CookieGums

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:50:22 PM

i think the ethereum now is at the level of bitcoin in being well known in internet. but the price is not at the same. this ethereum can be a future bitcoin. potential to become bitcoin.

Thewel

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:42:14 PM

I think anyone can cheat the bitcoin is ethereum most likely rival it, because now ethereum is being in the interest of many people and already in use as a transaction, so I think the biggest candidate to compete with bitcoin is ethereum.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     HEXCASH     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
◆◆◆◆◆     A T​RULY​ DECENTRALISED FUND MANAGEMENT SYSTEM     ◆◆◆◆◆
WP   TWITTER   FACEBOOK   ◆   TOKEN SALE   ◆   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ANN
Futureblnr

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:43:42 PM

There are good performers altcoin like litecoin and ethereum but I don't think they should be consider as tough competitor of bitcoin
You know, but it’s really interesting to watch how cryptocurrency is becoming more available for each of us. https://mytc.io/ Ive just checked their website and wanna try it. A blockchain platform to turn time into the cryptocurrency.
Rosa Paula

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:08:28 PM

I think, ETH is the alternate coins to bitcoin.I hope In the future, it will deal with Bitcoin.Right now ETH called next generation bitcoin.Bitcoin have own platform,This platform use many ICOs.Moreover eth roadmap is so better.
hell3r

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:20:52 PM

Of course for me there is one altcoin that can outmatch bitcoin not in price for now, but for its applications. And it is Ethereum. Ethereum is a smart contract platform with Turing complete scripting language built in. This gives it a great edge as a development platform, but also significantly increases attack surface. and take note, eth has more faster confirmation time than bitcoin which gives it advantage. But I must say that these two shouldnt be compared neither other altcoins to bitcoins. Bitcoin and Altcoins are not competitors, but as apex species in their respective niches, similar to lions on land and sharks in the water. Lions and sharks are at the top of their respective food chains, but not in direct competition with each other.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: