Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 10:15:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and deep web  (Read 455 times)
jevee (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

★SportyCo★ decentralized sports invest

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:31:21 PM

Hello!

so i recently heard about the deep web, how it uses bitcoin and how the transactions made there are anonymus. to my current understanding of bitcoin every transaction is written in the blockchain and is known and can be seen by anyone. so my question is where is the anonymus transaction written? and why can't you see it?

SportyCo - Decentralized sports investment & funding ecosystem
Announcement | Telegram | SportyCo.io
Coinmarketcap
User365

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

physics, mathematics and engineering

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:41:49 PM

How transactions are recorded on the blockchain doesn´t differ whether you broadcast it through tor (the browser how you reach the deep web) or not.

The thing is that you can generate yourself a (nearly) unlimited amount of addresses and if you use your addresses (spending coins, receiving one doesn´t require any caution because that doesn´t interact with your client) through the tor browser, they will be broadcast anonymously (more or less, I will explain later).

If you want to spend your coins anonymously I would recommend a VPN instead of Tor (or Tor over VPN), because someone who intercepts your traffic is very likely your ISP and if you use just the tor browser, your traffic from your PC to the tor entry node is not encrypted.

[could be your ad]
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 03:48:27 PM

With enough effort, bitcoin can be traced. However, you can make it very very difficult.

Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:57:40 PM

Hello!

so i recently heard about the deep web, how it uses bitcoin and how the transactions made there are anonymus. to my current understanding of bitcoin every transaction is written in the blockchain and is known and can be seen by anyone. so my question is where is the anonymus transaction written? and why can't you see it?

Bitcoin's transaction is not really anonymous as everyone believe. With a good tracer, people who are involved in a transaction can be determined even if it is transacted at a deep web. Most people really need a security before accessing the deep web because with out it, they will be in danger.

And if you don't know, a lot of people we're arrested thinking that they can hide from what they have done in the deep web.
birra guzez

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:07:59 PM

Hello!

Transactions with bitcoin leaves no mark behind it. That's the biggest advantage of bitcoin. But unfortunatelly, people too that advantage and used it in the wrong ways. Deep web business is now done with bitcoin because they are totally safe and no one can track them. It's very unfortunate to see these kind of criminal activities affect people's opinion towards bitcoin. This needs to change by spreading knowledge about bitcoin.
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:43:40 PM

Hello!

Deep web can be accessed through tor browser where your IP will be changed automatically so nobody can access your real IP and can find your identification.

Bitcoin is anonymous itself so it will be hard for anyone to track you down but to add more anonymity you can use deep web wallets or simply tor with your web wallets and make payments.

Yes bitcoin transactions are recorded in blockchain which is public ledger but if you will not post your bitcoin address there is no way to find your connection with that bitcoin address. So you can still remain anonymous while all your bitcoin transactions will be visible to others.
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 06:04:11 PM

With enough effort, bitcoin can be traced. However, you can make it very very difficult.
I am pretty sure that by now it is nearly impossible to track any transaction, I mean if you think that there is only about 13 million btc circling the network half of them are just sitting in wallets the other half is transected between all the bitcoin users in the world, 1 btc will get divided to multiple unites which are then sent and received by many people, that is why sending bitcoin to the wrong address can't be cancelled otherwise wallets would have that option, what I am trying to say is no matter who uses bitcoin or no matter for what he uses it for it 100 percent untraceable.
retnoanjani

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 09:39:10 AM

in fact, bitcoin addresses are not directly linked to the user's identity, so users are free to create new alamt without having to include identity. in addition, bitcoin transactions are anonymous because the transactions are not bound by the identity of the user as when we transacted using the bank.

mondobitcoin

Activity: 686

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 09:43:18 AM

When you make a bank wire transfer, they are visible all you information (name, surname, bank etc.) or a transaction with credit/debit card
But when you make a bitcoin transfer, nothing is visible, you can only trace the transaction detail with blockchain, but nothing more
This not mean that is untraceable, so be careful when use the deep web
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 09:43:54 AM

Hello!

Its because to access the deep web you would have to use a different ip or a mask to let you in otherwise you risk yourself getting caught either by hacking or viruses. That’s why it is very hard to know or track the transactions used because of that
Reid

Activity: 2940
Merit: 647

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 09:44:36 AM

Find a wallet that doesnt need any information about you.
Electrum can be an example. It is just a plain wallet. You send your bitcoin there or you can mix it first by sending it to a trading website then send it to your electrum. Voila! It is a hard to reach after that.
Trading website sends by groups so in one transaction it is not just you there. Who will have the patience to look that deep.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:13:17 AM

Hello!

that is the issue, bitcoin is not anonymous!
there is an old mistake (that is fortunately disappearing these days) where people think bitcoin is anonymous and they can get away with everything.
bitcoin offers some anonymity but not as much as you hope for, specially if you do some illegal activity like  going in deep web and ....

additionally these days other coins such as Monero which are truly anonymous and are designed to be just that, are being used in deep web for these kind of shady activity.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:11:39 PM

The mainstream media are now cottoning on to the fact that the Dark Web doesn't like bitcoin, thanks to volatility, fees and lack of anonymity and prefers Monero and other anonymous coins.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2018/03/bitcoin-crash-dark-web/553190/

To understand why, it helps to know a bit more about the mechanics of buying drugs on the dark web. A purchaser buys bitcoin, reviews vendors’ offers on a marketplace, and then pays for his goods. His money generally goes into escrow before it is released to his vendor. This introduces a number of financial choke points and transaction delays: between when the purchaser procures bitcoin and makes a purchase, when the vendor receives the order and receives payment from escrow, and when the vendor cashes out from the marketplace. Those are all moments when bitcoin’s volatility becomes problematic. For vendors, price drops while payments are in escrow might wipe out all the profits from a sale, for instance.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Dluretic

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:19:26 PM

If the dark network trading, so most people should not use the bitcoin, because the currency is still can track, I think more and more people will use anonymous tokens, so it is hard to track record deal.

paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:25:30 PM

there is one huge missing point in every post in this topic about deep web, and that is it doesn't exist any form of indexes like search engine and robot to trace all the websites and list to a search engine.
Nohting can be searched in the deep web unless you have the web address (.onion), from the blockchain point of view, you can see the transaction but you can't really connect it to an illegal transaction.
ikilledcobain

Activity: 446
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:26:38 PM

Like others have shared - it's still used but it's not necessarily preferred as much as other privacy coins. I think with upcoming attempts at regulation, privacy coins (such as in my sig) will become much more mainstream in 2018.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:42:18 PM

It is indeed the BItcoin transaction is could be tracked since the nature of Bitcoin is pseudo-anonymous. The main relation between deep web and Bitcoin is anonymity and privacy. I believe most of us who use that really makes the privacy and anonymity to their first concern, and the deep web is fit perfectly with Bitcoin because both of its offer and untraceable identity if both things used right.
GideonGono

Activity: 2072
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2020, 12:00:38 PM

Hello!

Bitcoin's transaction is not really anonymous as everyone believe. With a good tracer, people who are involved in a transaction can be determined even if it is transacted at a deep web. Most people really need a security before accessing the deep web because with out it, they will be in danger.

And if you don't know, a lot of people we're arrested thinking that they can hide from what they have done in the deep web.

By the history of transaction you can easily determined each transaction when you check it so there is no possible that you can walk through especially when the last address they can track have some identities that can trace you easily.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Leonardo7

Activity: 686
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 12:21:25 PM

Bitcoin transactions are not really anonymous as they can be viewed on the blockchain via the network, however, some persons do employ other technological means to make it difficult to trace. Some persons think bitcoin transactions are completely anonymous but they will be caught when they try stupid things.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 12:29:15 PM

Hello!

By the history of transaction you can easily determined each transaction when you check it so there is no possible that you can walk through especially when the last address they can track have some identities that can trace you easily.

You can surely trace the transaction the date, the time, and the address but the animosity is intact or the wellbeing of the person can not be known that is why many users like this kind of thing about blockchain transaction certainly you can trace it but the anonymous can not be gone, That is what many people like about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency.

I guess buying into the deep web can get you into trouble because there are many hackers that can access any accounts surfing around the unsafe zones of the deep web and even the anonymous capability of cryptocurrency is not safe from it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: