Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:11:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Private Coin?  (Read 2405 times)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 08:32:16 PM

Also, IP masking is trivial to add to any coin, so not sure why that is a selling point. Onchain anonymity is the hard part and that's where the majority of coins that have privacy claims fail.

The exact scenario that I'm talking about is I depostit my funds on an exchange, they scan the blockchain and see that a private tx happaned and report it to a regulatory agency and hold the funds. With Monero every XMR is indistingishable from another Monero, so there isn't this problem.
You are talking about Stealth Address and Ring Signature, so Monero and Spectrecoin have them. Yes, I agree, that non-stealth addresses should be absent in the wallet of privacy coin.
Also I am talking not only about IP masking, for example, what will you do if China's state firewall will ban Monero network protocol? China's state firewall already banned Tor and it controls VPNs.

Then TOR integration is pointless for those that choose to bake it in, not sure what your point is. Monero can be used over any network, hence why using it with TOR is trivial, or you can use it over I2p or the regular internet. The point of a decentralized P2P is to be robust on all available networks--if no networks are available, then no networks are available.

Not sure why you bolded the part above and then agreed with my point on all wallets being private--or maybe you didn't... If not, you are failing to grasp the necesity of fungibility for digital cash--if your coin isn't fungible, you lost the right to claim it's cash.
Not Tor is the main feature.
1. Spectrecoin XSPEC has OBFS4 - so it can't be banned by China (with 15% of World GPD) or other countries. Other coins can be banned.
2. Spectrecoin XSPEC has Privacy Staking on the stealth addresses - so you can create blocks for network maintaining the XSPEC-network without betraying himself. Other PoS-coins will show everyone the money of the owners, or will not participate in the maintaining of network making it vulnerable to attacks. Or will use slow and expensive PoW as in Monero - this coin can not be fast and reliable, choose one thing only.
Also Spectrecoin XSPEC coins can't be marked as well as in the Monero because they both use the same features: Stealth-addresses & Ring-signature.
But there are no Stealth-addresses at all in the: Verge, PIVX, Dash.

You are still missing the point on fungibility, but seems a lost cause, so not gone to waste my time explaining it again.

As for networks, most coins work on TOR, I2p or regular internet, so any function that used with TOR would be functional with most coins, not sure why you are assuming that they can't or why this is only the case for spec.

Also, please tell me how you have wallet privacy and staking--still waiting for someone to explain how you are going to dole out stakes based on wallet contents, but have the wallets private? If you can't explain how this happens, don't bother wasting your time trying to sell me on it--I just want to know how it is done.

Oakey22

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:43:20 PM

It does not matter what any of the coins say, Monero is the clear winner here. It is opensource, the FBI hate it as they can't trace it. DNM's are about to adopt it over BTC and that will keep everyone safe at night.
Shaibana

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:44:24 PM

Hello everyone. Noob here.

I just want to know which is the best private coin and the differences between them?

Monero
Deeponion
Spectrecoin
Nav
Pivx

or any other worth knowing about.

Tnx.

Moner and Zcash are my choices.
coinInvestX5

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:27:10 PM

I agree with Monero, it's a really good coin.

But I also recommend taking a look at XLC, it's an extreme bargain right now and dev team is working hard on it. News will follow soon.
mainconcept

Activity: 588
Merit: 422

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:41:56 PM

I think Monero, Zcash and Spectrecoin are pretty good privacy coins. I guess with all the crypto regulations all over the world privacy coins will gain more attention in the next time.
jameshugo17

Activity: 721
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:12:12 PM

I have very large holdings for VTC. I made a very good jump in the last 10 days. I think you can reach $ 100 in 2018. I do not think there's a project that's already 100 dollars. It will fill the void.
smart investor

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:03:44 AM

try SpectreCoin, a tech first superior anon coin. explosive growth ahead.
KimJungUn

Activity: 76

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:08:00 AM

Spectrecoin is traceable.  The blockchain is public and the amounts transferred is visible.  Not good, poor tech.
srqrebel

Activity: 256

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:14:57 AM

Also, please tell me how you have wallet privacy and staking--still waiting for someone to explain how you are going to dole out stakes based on wallet contents, but have the wallets private? If you can't explain how this happens, don't bother wasting your time trying to sell me on it--I just want to know how it is done.

That information will be released in a technical paper - call it a whitepaper if you will - by the cryptographer who is developing that feature, once that work has been completed.  If you really want to know now in order to guide your decision in whether to buy XSPEC, go ask the devs yourself.  But since all you want to do is bad mouth a coin whose planned upgrades will bring its fungibility and anonymity in line with Monero, and insist on conflating Spectrecoin's native Tor integration with using a non-integrated coin such as Monero over the Tor network, which would leave the user vulnerable to exit nodes while Spectrecoin does not, I would personally prefer that you wait to find out until the cryptographer releases that info publicly and the price has already jumped.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
srqrebel

Activity: 256

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:19:34 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2017, 01:19:20 AM by srqrebel

Spectrecoin is traceable.  The blockchain is public and the amounts transferred is visible.  Not good, poor tech.

Hey look, it's Kim Jung Un Fanboy again.  How many times do you have to be told that default stealth addresses are coming, which make the "public blockchain" debate obsolete?

There must be a reason you are so fixated on spreading dishonest FUD about Spectrecoin.  Running scared much?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
vovannovig2

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:58:49 AM

I'm sure everyone understands that 2018 will be the year of alternative crypto currency, and now it's time to buy promising coins.

Analyzing many other projects on such criteria as the total number of coins, work in the community, self-financing, technology, and, after seeing how the developer works, I made a choice.
My choice - Spectrecoin XSPEC

1) SpectreCoin (XSPEC)

Very interesting project that will definitely go up in price! - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2103301.0
XSPEC - I'm sure that it will cost much more than now, I buy this coin for all my money!
Indeed an anonymous coin which is dynamically developed by the community!
Here is an article about the fact that a very profitable investment project - https://globalcoinreport.com/heres-why-now-might-be-a-good-time-to-pick-up-some-spectrecoin-xpsec/  Wink

Here is a comparison with other projects and much more!
- http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin
===
I believe that the future for anonymous projects!
https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/can-see-id-eu-rules-anonymous-transactions/  Wink
www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/12/18/eu-considers-launching-database-bitcoin-owners-crack-criminals/  Wink
===

2) Phore - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2307909.0

3) ZOIN - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2085112.0
Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:14:13 AM

Hello everyone. Noob here.

I just want to know which is the best private coin and the differences between them?

Monero
Deeponion
Spectrecoin
Nav
Pivx

or any other worth knowing about.

Tnx.

As far as my understanding is concerned, it is Monero (XMR) that is the most anonymous coin of all. If you could remember, during the time of the Silk Road case, the Central Intelligence Unit (CIA) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) went into it. And then several raids were done, not just in the United States but also in some other countries such as Australia. A large number of Bitcoins were confiscated because identities were traced. There was a big shift to Monero right after that.

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PNNV.com..>..Live BTCitcoin Monitor.
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 06:51:16 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2017, 08:06:18 AM by generalizethis

That information will be released in a technical paper - call it a whitepaper if you will - by the cryptographer who is developing that feature, once that work has been completed.  If you really want to know now in order to guide your decision in whether to buy XSPEC, go ask the devs yourself.  But since all you want to do is bad mouth a coin whose planned upgrades will bring its fungibility and anonymity in line with Monero, and insist on conflating Spectrecoin's native Tor integration with using a non-integrated coin such as Monero over the Tor network, which would leave the user vulnerable to exit nodes while Spectrecoin does not, I would personally prefer that you wait to find out until the cryptographer releases that info publicly and the price has already jumped.

So the whitepaper isn't out yet and it's not opensource? That's called vaporware. And do not get mad at me if the information isn't readily available, that's not how foss works.

Don't try to claim that Monero doesn't work over TOR or that it's so hard to do that no one can do it, neither are true. Also, using Monero over a clearnet doesn't reveal tx data, so unless you are living in a country that bans cryptocurrencies, it's not needed.

Until you can tell me how you plan to make staking private and all tx private, you are wasting my time. So come back when the whitepaper is done and those features are opensource.

JW9494

Activity: 178
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:07:47 AM

It will be MobileCoin.
The developer is Moxie Marlinspike...
The guy that created the privacy app Signal..Facebook, WhatsApp use his signal protocol for their messaging privacy..
This guy isn't going to make a coin by calling it something & putting Tor on it.. He will revolutionize crypto privacy...read the whitepaper
foggywhite007

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:58:11 AM

The best anonymous coin running on the system TOR this XSPECTR. Purely technically it is the most reliable. And now its strong growth is associated with what will be running an anonymous exchange on the Basis of XSPECRT.
DEEPONION they have a great community and strong marketing but the coin is not so perfect. There will be many updates and white pepper will be released soon. Also the price can go up.
it is my 2 favorite

fatttoshi

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:04:26 AM

+1 on mobilecoin. Just gave it a read. The guy is legit, might actually be something worth looking out for in the next year
themistocleess

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:13:11 AM

Zcash, Dash, Monero

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
https://cartesi.io/
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 09:27:35 AM

Zcash, Dash, Monero

Dash forces you to trust that node stakers or hosting services are not colluding to unmask tx--the word trust should not be needed. These systems are supposed to be trustless, especially if it's something as important as your privacy. Also, since there are so few private send tx, timing attacks are all the easier--same applies to zcash until they implement sapling. See: https://z.cash/blog/new-research-on-shielded-ecosystem.html

Payne976

Activity: 112
Merit: 72

"ETHERJACK.io - Blockchain Jackpot game! ICO LIVE!

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:46:57 PM

Hi all I have reading up about SALT ICO does anyone have any infirmed views other than what is on the SALT website? Cheers

spoonyg

Activity: 55

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:59:50 AM

Intensecoin looks cool, hopefully it will develop into a usable product. If they can get it to work in censored countries such as Saudi Arabia, Russia, China, it would be really important. If they get that going, it would be huge. If it does, the price could go up 10 or 20 times, if you compare the amount of tokens in circulation compared to Sia.

I like zencash and spectrecoin too. Will be interesting to see how 2018 pans out for the space, a newcomer like QRL or Mobilecoin like was pointed out could be big too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: