Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:46:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CaptchaCoin.com - Get paid bitcoins for solving captchas!  (Read 27594 times)
CaptchaCoin (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 12:22:56 AM

I am pleased to announce the launch of a new bitcoin faucet/micro-payment service, captchacoin.com. All you have to do is enter your bitcoin address, hit enter, and begin solving captchas. Users are paid 5 micro-bitcoins (uBTC) for each captcha they solve and need only solve 11 captchas before receiving their first payment.

A quick comparison to other faucets:

• With CoinTube, watching a video gets you 10 uBTC. You can earn the same amount by solving 2 captchas at CaptchaCoin.
  • With BitVisitor, spending 5 minutes on a page earns you 10-30 uBTC. This equates to 2-6 captchas at CaptchaCoin. But BitVisitor limits you to around 10 pages a day whereas there are NO daily limits at CaptchaCoin.
Note that those faucets require you to solve a captcha anyway. So really 1 video + 1 captcha at CoinTube is equivalent to 2 captchas at CaptchaCoin.

Anyways, if you're interested, give it a try and tell us what you think!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 12:44:46 AM

I gave it a try, not a big fan of the background or the text color.

As far as the captcha goes, I dont like the fact that its case sensitive, letters like 'V' look the same in both cases...

otherwise, neat idea

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
PrintMule

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 12:45:40 AM

so ~0.50$ for 1000 solved

I'm guessing you are reselling

afaik prices for selling 1k captchas vary from ~1$ to ~10$

I wonder for how low are those solvers willing to work?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
CaptchaCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 01:00:47 AM

AmDD, would you prefer a solid background color instead? It's unfortunately rather difficult to make a webpage look nice when the only content is a single captcha.

And PrintMule, yes - we have a deal with an anonymous captcha provider. The leading captcha-solving services like deathbycaptcha can solve 1000 captchas for $1.39 and by the time they take their cut, not a lot of money is left for the people solving those captchas (I don't know their exact rates).

It wouldn't be too hard to extend CaptchaCoin to allow people to upload and pay for captchas they want solved, which could potentially increase the payments to our users, but I imagine the demand for this is low and it would not be very useful until the site has more traffic.
HeroC
Legendary

Activity: 858
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 01:54:28 AM

Exactly, how long does it take for balance to update?
CaptchaCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:39:11 AM

It should take no longer than 5 minutes for your balance to update. Though note that you won't see the updated balance until you submit another captcha, view a different page, refresh the page, etc
Minako

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 05:16:49 AM

Pretty interesting! I tried it for a few minutes and I have some reservations about the % success rate. I swear I got all those captchas right, but its only showing a 32% success rate. Not encouraging!
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 05:42:16 AM

i just solved like 80 captchas and my balance only shows 11

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
holly12345678

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:05:27 AM

Is this website legal? I read on news some captcha sites are used for spam or botnets.
21stUser

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:21:15 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2013, 06:24:51 PM by 21stUser

Sounds like a good idea, will try it out and get back to you on it.

EDIT:
Well I tried it out and it's a pretty nice website. Like every other faucet you have to put your work in to get paid but the captchas are easily said and done. I even got my first payout of 75uBTC. The only complaint I have is that I ran out of captchas a couple times during the test run.
ARTHurt

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:38:20 PM

Hi guys, here's also my opinion about the site ... while it's a nice simple design which I appreciate, I'm facing the same issue about the Accuracy ... 38.92% after 1k+ resolved it's for me hard, very hard to believe

Have to tell you that I do have some experience in solving captchas, all kinds, and I'm deffinitely above 95%...  so, let's not say a scam site because still pays for what it shows but, let's be real!

So I understand it's a reselling captchas after all and that doesn't bother me, but at least be fair with your visitors and give them the correct revenue.

This solution of updating the balance later (because there are ways to make it realtime), it's also createdcreate distraction, to make it difficult to follow what you're sure of being solved correctly (because most of the captchas are clear without possibility to make confusion) ... and after solving let's say 10 pcs and park to 'stats', when you refresh the page you barely get a balance update of 1 to 3 points after 10 mins. (Btw, my job is as software tester and I know testing procedures)

So then, thank you for the decent amount of BTC you offer by reselling but at least be fair vith your visitors)
ScarletRhapsody

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:19:58 PM

Hi guys, here's also my opinion about the site ... while it's a nice simple design which I appreciate, I'm facing the same issue about the Accuracy ... 38.92% after 1k+ resolved it's for me hard, very hard to believe

I have this same issue with this website, so I find it extremely hard to use.
I hate that the captchas are all case sensitive but have many letters such as V, O, P, Z, X, & C which make it extremely difficult to know when they are capitalized or not. Overall I find that my accuracy is extremely low and it takes me on average 3-4 tries to just get 1 solved.
I don't recommend this site to anyone as it ends up just becoming extremely frustrating.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 07:47:11 PM

this is on the same level as altcoins  Roll Eyes

ARTHurt

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:54:51 PM

The captchas are not case-sensitive, in all I've tested there I used lower-case only as well as upper-case only and case-sensitive solving...
In all 3 cases the Accuracy is there, very low...

So, I still have winnings (tested only the default blue-captcha which it's always upper-lower case) using lower-case only ...

The conclusion is that you are not actually get paid for what you resolve correctly but for around half of it, and you are misled by the delayed update of balance.

I assume that the website owner is increasing his profit by reselling the captchas, giving away half of what he actually promised, 5 uBTC.
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:09:10 PM

i liked it up to the point i did 5 Captchas and got paid for 1...

ScarletRhapsody

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:18:12 PM

The captchas are not case-sensitive, in all I've tested there I used lower-case only as well as upper-case only and case-sensitive solving...

So, I still have winnings (tested only the default blue-captcha which it's always upper-lower case) using lower-case only ...

The conclusion is that you are not actually get paid for what you resolve correctly but for around half of it, and you are misled by the delayed update of balance.

I assume that the website owner is increasing his profit by reselling the captchas, giving away half of what he actually promised, 5 uBTC.

If this is true, people should seriously just not be using this website. It's not worth solving 4+ captchas to only get credited for 1 captcha. Not only does it take a considerable amount of effort compared to other faucets but the site owner is taking our BTC.
ARTHurt

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:57:45 PM

If this is true, people should seriously just not be using this website. It's not worth solving 4+ captchas to only get credited for 1 captcha. Not only does it take a considerable amount of effort compared to other faucets but the site owner is taking our BTC.

Yes this might be one solution even though I don't like the idea of spoiling someone's business but it would be nice to have CaptchaCoin.com here with a reply, have a chance to defend the above arguments and do the necessary changes the proper way ...

At the end we are keeping his business running so we need to count on his fairness.
faiza1990

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 09:29:57 PM

I work for few time but stats not showing correctly seems to be a scamm Embarrassed

Hura

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 09:32:12 PM

I try it... but only 36,59% accuracy

Stop for me!

faiza1990

Activity: 420

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile